Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Mortal Soul
CJ

Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question   Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:35 am

Ok for a while I was smoking cigarretes and I gave that up and ended up smoking these cigars called Red Buck, idk if cigars are addictive (i inhale) but for some reaons these things calm me down alot when im bummed or whatnot, but I don't believe cigars are addictive but for some reason I feel addicted to this things (i believe they are like cigarrette cigars, they arent like thick cigars they are cigarrette sized). I mean i wont lie i enjoy smoking them but i know the consequences but I can't seem to quit, so I gotta ask are certain cigars addictive ? And I wanna quit and anyone who has ben addicted to tobacco knows that it's hard it's very hard especially when i gave up cigarrettes, i mean i guess if i gave those up i could give these up jsut idk its hard, can i get some advice ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/PrescottEstateFilms
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question   Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:51 am

Giving up an addiction is something you might need an accountability partner for, someone that will help you quit, you can call them when you need to talk or want a cigarette, and (don't get mad) won't baby you when you give in to temptation (You need a Jillian lol). Cigars are just as addictive as cigarettes just depending on what kind of cigar your smoking you might be getting the same amount of nicotine or more.

The Doctors prescribed pills and patches to my brother, but I think the gum helped him better. The point is to try and get yourself off the addiction to nicotine so the patches, gum, etc can be pretty useless. You would still be getting nicotine it would just help cut down on your cravings but when you decide to get off the patches the nicotine receptors in your head will go crazy. So I think that most of this would have to be will power but I'm not sure if its something you should try alone.
Back to top Go down

Trying To Quit Smoking, Also A Quick Question
Page 1 of 1