Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should i sell my PS3 back?

Go down 
+3
KidSyndrome101
raynel6988
Kevxtreme
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

Should i sell my PS3 back? Empty
PostSubject: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Ok this is a real question, no answers like "360 FTW" or whatever.

Anyway, I have been thinking of selling my PS3 back because 1) it's very expensive and i could be putting that money towards more games instead of a blu-ray player i never use because i already have all my favorite movies on dvd and don't feel like buying them over again. 2) It's losing games, like the whole Activision thing. 3) none of my friends own it, and there is almost nobody online. 4) All the PS3 games are either crappy or decent...very few are good like MGS4 and Uncharted. 4) i am a huge Nintendo geek and didn't buy the Wii because of the controls (I hate the wii mote and nunchuck with a passion)

What do you guys think, are my reasons good enough or am i just being stupid.
Back to top Go down
raynel6988
Strong Soul
raynel6988

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 pm

i think you shouldn't cause your gonna miss out on games like uncharted 2 God of War III
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 pm

First off.

It's your ps3 so do what you will with it.
Yet i wana debate couple of those reason's you've sed that on Why you should sell it.
First off

1.The Activision thing was just announced yesterday and if you read it clearly you'll see that it wont happen and if it did it would be in a couple of year's(2010 or 2012) so Yeah it was just a bluff. and if it did happen what? No more mediocer super hero game's?(Excluding Prototype) also i'll stick to skate if you catch my drift on sk8ing games.

2.yeah it's expensive but you already got it! so i really dont see that as a reason on selling it. yeah you could get like.....4-5 game's? you think your gonna play em all in one night? Well you could but what do i care.

3.well The friend thing i know it could suck but ive meet lot's of fun/wierd/strange people that i can call friends over the FREE Psn service. maybe it's that your shy to speack on a mic or something?

4.Also what games have you been playing lately? My Infamous was great, My valkirya(Typo?) chronicles was great, my killzone 2 was great, so on and so on. please give me the name of those games....also if you wana bye a game. look it up first then buy! reiew's are sometimes helpfull.

5. well the wii thing is just peference then. i liked it!

Also im to tired to read what ive sed for typos and what not so....Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Kegelapan
Strong Soul
Kegelapan

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I think your reasons are good, but there are so many reasons to keep the PS3. like KidSyndrome101 mentioned....

on a side note what the hell is the activision thing
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:15 pm

http://kotaku.com/5296566/activision-threatens-to-stop-supporting-sony-consoles

In simple terms, Activision is bitching that if sony does not decrease the price of the ps3(Cause they say there not making profit from it) that they'll discontinue making game's to it. But i woudent take the man to seriusly. Trust me it wont happen.
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Well if it were up to me id say dont sell it.
Why you shouldnt, because if you sell maybe youll see a good ps3 game and regret selling it.

Activision thing, i really dont know much. But it would be so stupid to stopping making games for a console, which would make them win less money. Everyone keeps saying "ohh no this is going to be exclusive and i wont have it". People said that with Fallout 3 Dlc and lmao since it going to be available in a few weeks.

Got no friends, then just add some random people, thats what i do. Dude all my friends have a 360 and one them has no more xbox live, 2 got the red ring and still dont have their little boxes. one doesnt have the wifi adaptor and cant play online since his modem is far from his xbox. Sorry but not so long ago i erased you from my friend list since you didnt go online for 51 days but i can add you again.

Why pay for xbox live? i mean its not much but why pay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:06 pm

KidSyndrome101 wrote:
First off.

It's your ps3 so do what you will with it.
Yet i wana debate couple of those reason's you've sed that on Why you should sell it.
First off

1.The Activision thing was just announced yesterday and if you read it clearly you'll see that it wont happen and if it did it would be in a couple of year's(2010 or 2012) so Yeah it was just a bluff. and if it did happen what? No more mediocer super hero game's?(Excluding Prototype) also i'll stick to skate if you catch my drift on sk8ing games.

2.yeah it's expensive but you already got it! so i really dont see that as a reason on selling it. yeah you could get like.....4-5 game's? you think your gonna play em all in one night? Well you could but what do i care.

3.well The friend thing i know it could suck but ive meet lot's of fun/wierd/strange people that i can call friends over the FREE Psn service. maybe it's that your shy to speack on a mic or something?

4.Also what games have you been playing lately? My Infamous was great, My valkirya(Typo?) chronicles was great, my killzone 2 was great, so on and so on. please give me the name of those games....also if you wana bye a game. look it up first then buy! reiew's are sometimes helpfull.

5. well the wii thing is just peference then. i liked it!

Also im to tired to read what ive sed for typos and what not so....Yeah...

Oh, well i don't know if it's the site i'm on (N4G.com) but they give the PS3 a lot of greif with the whole Activision thing and some Nintendo/Microsoft things.

The games i got are MGS4 (One of the best games i have ever played), LittleBIGPlanet (after you get over the "OMG IT'S SO CUTE" thing, it gets kinda boring), Sonic's Genesis Collection, WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Madden 09, Uncharted, Skate 2, X-men Origins Wolverine, and Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

I have a decent friends list but i meant real friends...they all have a Wii/360.
Back to top Go down
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:07 pm

faramir545 wrote:
Well if it were up to me id say dont sell it.
Why you shouldnt, because if you sell maybe youll see a good ps3 game and regret selling it.

Activision thing, i really dont know much. But it would be so stupid to stopping making games for a console, which would make them win less money. Everyone keeps saying "ohh no this is going to be exclusive and i wont have it". People said that with Fallout 3 Dlc and lmao since it going to be available in a few weeks.

Got no friends, then just add some random people, thats what i do. Dude all my friends have a 360 and one them has no more xbox live, 2 got the red ring and still dont have their little boxes. one doesnt have the wifi adaptor and cant play online since his modem is far from his xbox. Sorry but not so long ago i erased you from my friend list since you didnt go online for 51 days but i can add you again.

Why pay for xbox live? i mean its not much but why pay.

It's because my PS3 broke a couple months ago so i tried my old psn and it didn't work, my new one is Kevxtreme21.
Back to top Go down
Wander
Nooblit Soul
Wander

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:16 am

Hmmm, When I first got my PS3 I thought about selling it...But definitely not for a Wii, my least favorite gaming system to date. (And I love nintendo, I still have my old NES and SNES and 64, but I sold my Cube)

I was thinking of getting an Xbox 360, because thats what all my friends have. (literally, all except for one)

So I toyed with the idea and decided against it.

-I dont want to pay for online, I already pay for an online game, I dont want to do it for my console
-Someday Ill have Blu-Ray, just I dont yet
-I dont really like GOW, or Halo, or Fable, or Mass Effect, or hardly any games that are ONLY for the Xbox (and besides, I could get most of them on the computer!)

And you say your system is expensive...Yes, yes it is.

But in the end they all are...
Back to top Go down
Wander
Nooblit Soul
Wander

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 am

Kevxtreme wrote:

The games i got are MGS4 (One of the best games i have ever played), LittleBIGPlanet (after you get over the "OMG IT'S SO CUTE" thing, it gets kinda boring), Sonic's Genesis Collection, WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Madden 09, Uncharted, Skate 2, X-men Origins Wolverine, and Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

I have a decent friends list but i meant real friends...they all have a Wii/360.

You have only TWO very good games...In my opinion...

And LBP is boring, to me.

Try Killzone 2, thats the game that saved my PS3 for me xD among other things...
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:51 am

it really depends on the genres you like (i dont have a ps3 or 360 i got a wii so i might be wrong on what im about to say)

but from what ive noticed alot fo ps3 and 360 games are either 3rd person (witch i prefer over 1st person) or 1st person i

know there are other genres but ps3 and 360 focus on first person games(again from my perspective)

so if you like the adventure games(i saw you dont like wii but a few(very few) wii games you play with a gamecube

controller plus i wasnt a fan of the wiis controls but i got used to it) go for a wii
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Wander
Nooblit Soul
Wander

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:06 am

psychomantis666 wrote:
it really depends on the genres you like (i dont have a ps3 or 360 i got a wii so i might be wrong on what im about to say)

but from what ive noticed alot fo ps3 and 360 games are either 3rd person (witch i prefer over 1st person) or 1st person i

know there are other genres but ps3 and 360 focus on first person games(again from my perspective)

so if you like the adventure games(i saw you dont like wii but a few(very few) wii games you play with a gamecube

controller plus i wasnt a fan of the wiis controls but i got used to it) go for a wii

I dont think first person and third person are genres, They are more like just types of shooters, and shooter is a genre.

Genres are like...Action, Adventure, Strategy, that kind of stuff...
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 am

Wander wrote:
psychomantis666 wrote:

I dont think first person and third person are genres, They are more like just types of shooters, and shooter is a genre.

Genres are like...Action, Adventure, Strategy, that kind of stuff...

ah thanks for correcting me lol

but ya i ment shooters lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should i sell my PS3 back?   Should i sell my PS3 back? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should i sell my PS3 back?
Page 1 of 1