Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New PS3 Hard Drive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
raywand
Nooblit Soul

New PS3 Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: New PS3 Hard Drive   New PS3 Hard Drive EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi everyone. I've got an old 250gb laptop hard drive around, and I want to use it on my PS3. I have an external hard drive case so can I backup everything up strait to the 250gb hard drive. After I do this, can I just pop it right into my PS3 and still have all my data? Or to I need to back it all up to a different hard drive then restore it after I put my250gb har drive in?
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

New PS3 Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Hard Drive   New PS3 Hard Drive EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:03 am

as far as i have been told (and what ive read you know this to) the ps3 shares the same hard drive as a laptop

so you should be able to take out the hard drive and pop it in your plan should work if you have an external hard drive
so back up your data into a external hard drive (i meen the external hard drive thats not a case)

i may be wrong but call sony and ask them about it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
martinezaj25
Strong Soul

New PS3 Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Hard Drive   New PS3 Hard Drive EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:19 pm

TAke this link http://ps3.ign.com/dor/articles/915441/ps3-hard-drive-upgrade/videos/PS3HDFeature093008.html

it tells you how and what type of harddrive to do the swap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New PS3 Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Hard Drive   New PS3 Hard Drive Empty

Back to top Go down

New PS3 Hard Drive
Page 1 of 1