Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Having No Job

Go down 
+10
More_Cowbell
Angel_Riu
Rey
Remo
furball006
Italiano951
thegaminggoose
AboveTheInfluence
MrKalius
RempelX
14 posters
AuthorMessage
RempelX
Nooblit Soul

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:44 am

I'v been in a relationship with my gf for almost 2 and a half years, I would love to make her my wife.

But being jobless makes me not want to because as a man i want to support her, I have been trying to get a job but you know how crappy the economy is atm.
Back to top Go down
MrKalius
Nooblit Soul

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Hmm.. I see..   Having No Job EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

I understand you're problem that you have, I realize that you feel a little down because you have your wife and your family and you needing a job in all, But what I'm going to say is that you can still find a job, I mean - Do you have any qualifications that you could fall back on to find a job? Did you have a previous job? That could help you a lot in things, I can't say where you can get a job or anything I'm just saying that it to not worry much because everyone is going through this right now and I'm sure that your wife appreciates you a lot that you would go out there and find yourself a job to look after her and yourself. I'm sorry I cannot offer much as I am just a high school student. Thanks though, You made me think.

- MrKalius ~ Soul speaker
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/mrkalius
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:43 pm

You should be able to work somewhere low profile.
Alot of fast food places and wal-mart ect ect.
Hiring.
If you love her it shouldn't really matter where you work, like you said you just want to support her.
put as many job applications in as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
thegaminggoose
Nooblit Soul
thegaminggoose

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm

I DO understand what you are saying, but the reality is that these things are supposed to have changed in theory.

You know, there was a time where movies like Mr. Mom were oh so funny because "look, it's a man doing housework!!?" Oh Noes.

My point is that it is important to get a job as it is important for one's esteem to be employed in some way. Even though it might not feel like it at the time.

Secondly, even a shitty job is better than no job. Work at Burger King or where ever you can find a job. You do not have to like it, but you will probably be stronger for it.

Don't think of it as supporting her. Anymore, most people need two incomes to live and have a family. So, in reality you aren't supporting dick. You are just helping. Try living on one income - esp not that the recession is coming.

Focus more on you for this one man, not how you appear to her. She's your girl. If she loves you now, then she will love you when you have a job whether you make 20k or 100k a year. Granted, she would really love you if you earned 10mil, but you know, let's be realistic.
Back to top Go down
http://kr.youtube.com/user/thegaminggoose
Italiano951
Strong Soul
Italiano951

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Keep trying to get a job if she means the world to you no amount of searching should matter =D
Back to top Go down
RempelX
Nooblit Soul

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 am

I just wanted to say thanks guys, you know maybe i should just focus on getting job experience and maybe one day ill get a good job, ill keep you guys posted and thanks again Smile
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:33 pm

you're 17 man, go get a job a entry lvl job somewhere.... you can't get a good job with no xp, do you have a drivers lisensce? if not get one, so that in the future you can be open to more jobs, the ones that require you to have cars generally pay more.... try internet listings, the news paper, make tons of resumes and put out a couple hundred in a few days ...
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:12 am

RempelX wrote:
I'v been in a relationship with my gf for almost 2 and a half years, I would love to make her my wife.

But being jobless makes me not want to because as a man i want to support her, I have been trying to get a job but you know how crappy the economy is atm.

Look, if she knows your trying to get a job, that in itself is enough. Your TRYING, if you love her and want to marry her, just do it. Keep trying to get the job, but in the meantime do what means the most to you.

Remember, you only fail in life if you don't try. You are trying, and that will impress her.
Back to top Go down
RempelX
Nooblit Soul

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:43 pm

I do have my drivers, and my parents let me use their car when ever i need it, and my gf is very supportive, and says so long as im trying she is happy, and well im glad she is happy with that, but for some reason i just am not, i dont know why, maybe i should just get over my self and work from the floor up, well in my case underground up lol
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Aren't you 17? don't you think it's alittle too early to start a family?
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Angel_Riu
Mortal Soul
Angel_Riu

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:05 pm

best way is to work in several places. Ex: DVD shops, Market ...
Back to top Go down
More_Cowbell
Mortal Soul
More_Cowbell

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:08 am

I'd say make a conscious effort not to put up artificial barriers in your endeavors, work as hard as you can and let the pieces fall where they may.
Back to top Go down
GiraffeInc
Nooblit Soul
GiraffeInc

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 pm

I don't know where this kid lives but in some places its more of a luck thing to getting a job then it is putting in applications and trying to get them. Where I live all the major companies that make furniture and fabric and so on. All of these places are laying off and many of simply been shut down. I have been trying to find work for over 3 months and have lost count of job applications I have filed. I have applied to every fast food, grocery store, walmart, target, and company that is still open. I have even applied to places that would give me more then a hour driving time to get to. I have went to temp agencies/hiring firms and have only gotten 2 job interviews. I know many people who have been out of work for over 6 months and have read about many more. I can understand where this guy is coming from because you begin to feel hopeless. I mean even when you have on a applications you will work any day, any shift and for any pay and still can't find work its scary.
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 9:01 pm

You cant find a job...and you live in windsor? try a little harder theres somthing
Back to top Go down
TFaith
Mortal Soul
TFaith

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:22 am

I'm struggling the same way, im 23 years old, ive never signed onto the dole/government support, ive too much pride, ive always worked, or found a way to get money.

Ive been temping, and i recentl aquired a job in a coffee place, not bad, easy job, nice amount of responsibility etc, but i got let go from there last monday, due to them not bringing in enough money to warrant the extra staff member (me), so i got the boot, now, im planning to move countries.. in just a couple of months. and it kills me inside to know i'd be going there with nothing.. or very little. except myself, it keeps me awake at night wondering, is that enough for her?..

I'm trying hard, but, no offence to the youngsters, or employed, but you really do have no idea how bad the situation is at the moment trying to find work, you say retailers etc, something low brow is hiring, but they arent. they wont take on anyone over 21, as it means paying them more, and they know their rights, companies like walmart/mcdonalds, LOVE teenagers, students, they would rather have 20/30 part timers, who they can let go whenever, and replace with another college drone, then 10 staff that are competant adults who work fulltime hours..

sure they have a few who become lifers, and i dont mean to say the younger ones arent competant, but what i mean is, in that enviroment, you got an adult 'boss' and then 20+ 16-18 year olds working, they simply do what you say, when you say. no questions, and also, shorter contracts mean alot more flexibility when planning rotas etc.

basically yeah, those 'low' jobs you speak of, are non existant for an adult wanting fulltime employment. (or thats my experience with them)
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:11 pm

i CANT get a job im trying I really am but no one will hire me, this is starting to piss me off. Im tired of being broke and having to much time on my hands.
Back to top Go down
TFaith
Mortal Soul
TFaith

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 2:40 am

jackwabbit wrote:
i CANT get a job im trying I really am but no one will hire me, this is starting to piss me off. Im tired of being broke and having to much time on my hands.

word. im still lookin hard, still nothings coming up roses, i had a job for a while, in a coffee joint, got store keys in 2 days, was opening it on my own etc, then 3 weeks later, theyc ouldnt afford to keep me on.. so i got let go.. BACK to doing nothing and feeling uselesss yey.
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:30 pm

well i jus applied at a buch more places. I could work at mcdonalds but i dont think thats a good idea, especially cuz my gf works there. i hope i getr a call soon
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:48 pm

I agree with everyone here you can get a job at an entry level job, it will be hard at first but hey hun your 17 years old enjoy your life. As long as she is supportive and is their with you that is all that counts, the fact that you care enough to get a job is good enough. You'll find a job in no time, but just a heads up if you volunteer somewhere for a little while then you'll get a better job. Especially if you volunteer at the hospital or something like that, employers looovve it! or at least here they do!lol I wish you and your girlfriend the best of luck and happy wishes, hang in there buddy the economy can't stay bad forever! lol!
Be Blessed flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Having No Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having No Job   Having No Job Empty

Back to top Go down

Having No Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues-
Jump to: