Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

is this OCD or am i just scared

Go down 
+2
thegaminggoose
kruknena
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kruknena
Helpful Soul
kruknena

is this OCD or am i just scared Empty
PostSubject: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm

ive notice that i check to see im my car doors are lock or if i punched in for work
i also cant be the last one to leave my house because i feel that its ganna be my fault if something happens while im gone
idk how i can stop this i stopd for a while but it keeps coming back
i force myself to not go check the doors of to see if i punched out but at the end thats all im thinking about until i check
what should i do i cant keep forcing myself to not check idk if theres pills or sumthing
Back to top Go down
thegaminggoose
Nooblit Soul
thegaminggoose

PostSubject: Re: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Sounds like OCD mixed in with some paranoia. It is hard to say over the computer - and I am not a professional to say so anyways. You can go to one for help, just do not expect him or her to have the answers for you. There are medications for that, but they don't work like aspirin or antibiotics. Brain drugs are trial and error. Also, the thoughts come from you so you have to find strategies to help you cope. That is really what any professional is going to tell you - how to cope.

i.e. deal with it.

You do not sound too bad off yet, but the question is how do YOU feel about that. Is this getting in the way of your normal day to day activities? You are the one who has to make that call.

Mental health is more of a continuous process. We are all screwed in some way or another in this fashion.
Back to top Go down
http://kr.youtube.com/user/thegaminggoose
Squawks
Nooblit Soul
Squawks

PostSubject: Re: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 pm

i don't see this as OCD. you just made it a habit and honestly i don't find it wrong. You are just being protective and you're not annoying anyone with this so...just chill. you're not doing anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
More_Cowbell
Mortal Soul
More_Cowbell

PostSubject: Re: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:10 am

Sounds like you worry about things, generally that is perfectly healthy.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:26 am

doesnt seem to bad... tho it must be bugging you alot cause youre asking for help.. you sound pretty paranoid about it.. do you fear other people alot? do you have to make sure the doors locked cause you fear someone stealing your car? you really seem like you have a fear of humans intending to rob/harm you, do you watch the tv news alot or something? if this is the case my advice is to shake this fear if possible... yes easier said then done it is a journey no doubt but possible.. also you don't need pills for this. please remember that all is mental and avoid taking pills for problems when possible as alot of them are poisons, drug companies make money selling pills so they push for people to be perscribed for any and everything, sometimes all you need is a little meditation and some soul searching.. anyway good luck
Back to top Go down
BloogerExpress
Helpful Soul
BloogerExpress

PostSubject: Re: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 pm

kruknena wrote:
ive notice that i check to see im my car doors are lock or if i punched in for work
i also cant be the last one to leave my house because i feel that its ganna be my fault if something happens while im gone
idk how i can stop this i stopd for a while but it keeps coming back
i force myself to not go check the doors of to see if i punched out but at the end thats all im thinking about until i check
what should i do i cant keep forcing myself to not check idk if theres pills or sumthing

everytime you punch in mark on your hand. when you lock your car doors mark on your other hand. make it your left hand is for punching in, and your right hand for car doors. thats what i do except different situations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this OCD or am i just scared   is this OCD or am i just scared Empty

Back to top Go down

is this OCD or am i just scared
Page 1 of 1