Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trophies/Achievements

Go down 
+10
Friorey
Jakethefist
Dripik
Kevxtreme
tdh004
truesoviet
Psoewish
Ichigo
Tabarnacos
faramir545
14 posters
AuthorMessage
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

Trophies/Achievements Empty
PostSubject: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Are you:
1.gamer that does everything to get all achievements or complete the game 100%
2.a gamer that doesnt care about this
3.a gamer that ocasionaly get one or two trophies once in a while

edit
im numba 3 btw.

Last edited by faramir545 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
Tabarnacos
Elite Soul
Tabarnacos

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:52 pm

I try to get trophies but I don't get mad for it... I play a game and enjoy it, And then I do trophies, then I go online and have fun xD
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:53 pm

faramir545 wrote:
Are you:
1.gamer that does everything to get all achievements or complete the game 100%
2.a gamer that doesnt care about this
3.a gamer that ocasionaly get one or two trophies once in a while

I like to do the achievements in World of warcraft that get me things.

Like this one Glory of the Hero achievement. You have to do a bunch of different dungeon achievements and when you complete it you get a new mount.

There are also ones that get you titles, those are worthwhile to.
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:53 pm

If I play a game, I play it to complete it.

I can't stand it when there's something unfinished! It has it's advantages though, first example I can think of is that in RPG's you have enough money to get around because you never skip stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
truesoviet
Mortal Soul
truesoviet

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:10 pm

i like the feel of getting a trophy and showing it off later to a friend who is struggling to get it. but i play the game for fun, not for completion/trophies
Back to top Go down
tdh004
Nooblit Soul
tdh004

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 pm

I am a Trophy whore! I have a higher PSN level than anybody else on my PSN list, and if a friend starts catching up with me in one game I start playing to keep ahead of them. What? I'm a competitive person, what can I say?

I originally didn't care about PSN Trophies, as I just didn't get the point. Now that they're out there I love them and have actually bought games because they have Trophies, or bought games because I've seen friends get a ton of Trophies in the game.

Currently I'm trying to get a 4 player group to knock out LBP story Tropies as well as the Share Trophy (150 Community levels, 10 <3, etc;). I'm also going back to get my platinum Trophy in Uncharted.

I didn't always beat a game 100%, but now that Trophies have given me that huge incentive I'm starting to become that type of gamer.
Back to top Go down
http://tacocommander.blogspot.com
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm more of a number 3. I like the feeling of getting trophys, but it's not on the top of my to-do list...usually its

1. Beat the game.
2. Get the easy trophys and then worry about the rest of them later.
3. Play Online (If possible)
Back to top Go down
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:11 pm

tdh004 wrote:
I am a Trophy whore! I have a higher PSN level than anybody else on my PSN list, and if a friend starts catching up with me in one game I start playing to keep ahead of them. What? I'm a competitive person, what can I say?

I originally didn't care about PSN Trophies, as I just didn't get the point. Now that they're out there I love them and have actually bought games because they have Trophies, or bought games because I've seen friends get a ton of Trophies in the game.

Currently I'm trying to get a 4 player group to knock out LBP story Tropies as well as the Share Trophy (150 Community levels, 10 <3, etc;). I'm also going back to get my platinum Trophy in Uncharted.

I didn't always beat a game 100%, but now that Trophies have given me that huge incentive I'm starting to become that type of gamer.

Lucky, For some reason whenever i get a trophy for Uncharted (like 100 headshots or norvice hunter or whatever) i go to my trophy collection and it says 0%...
Back to top Go down
tdh004
Nooblit Soul
tdh004

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Kevxtreme wrote:
Lucky, For some reason whenever i get a trophy for Uncharted (like 100 headshots or norvice hunter or whatever) i go to my trophy collection and it says 0%...
Is this only happening with Uncharted?

Did you delete your game save and start over new?
Back to top Go down
http://tacocommander.blogspot.com
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm

tdh004 wrote:
Kevxtreme wrote:
Is this only happening with Uncharted?

Did you delete your game save and start over new?

This is only Uncharted, i tried to update my system but it said there was none available.
Back to top Go down
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 pm

I love getting them. Once I beat a game I check out the achievements for easy ones that I can do and then make a quick attempt at harder ones, but don't obsess over them so much to actually complete every game. :/
Back to top Go down
Jakethefist
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:30 am

Depends on the game. If I am loving the game enough to play it through 3 times, then I will take the time to get the trophies. But, I don't have alot of patience if something is too hard, so I won't try 1000 times to get a hard trophy. At the moment I am trying to 100% Fallout 3. They aren't difficult trophies. Just time consuming. But, I am still loving the game. Very Happy That will be the first game I have gotten over 50% of the trophies.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:03 am

well i am a gamer that really tries to get more achievements , because they are ACHIEVEMENTS and i really love'em
I replayed GTA 4 just to get the achievements !
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
ZombieNemesis
Helpful Soul
ZombieNemesis

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:30 am

I can care less bout the achievements for single player modes, but for online achievements i like.
Back to top Go down
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:43 pm

ZombieNemesis wrote:
I can care less bout the achievements for single player modes, but for online achievements i like.

I think online achievements are rather unfair, two or three are okay, but when half of the achievements are for multiplayer type stuff it's annoying as hell. Especially for games that aren't a big hit when it comes to online play.
Back to top Go down
ZombieNemesis
Helpful Soul
ZombieNemesis

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Dripik wrote:
ZombieNemesis wrote:

I think online achievements are rather unfair, two or three are okay, but when half of the achievements are for multiplayer type stuff it's annoying as hell. Especially for games that aren't a big hit when it comes to online play.

i totally agree. but as an online gamer i like them but for offline gamers its not fair at all
Back to top Go down
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:49 pm

I try to get achievements,but only afterI beat the game.Also note that Steam now has achievements for Team Fortress 2 and a few other games.
Back to top Go down
JJefferson89
Helpful Soul

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:21 am

I like to get achievements, but I am mainly there to simply enjoy the game by myself or with friends online.
Back to top Go down
psthree4evr
Strong Soul
psthree4evr

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 4:14 pm

i like achievements better because evey game has them and you have a number
but i like the sound of trophys when you get one
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/psthree4evr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophies/Achievements   Trophies/Achievements Empty

Back to top Go down

Trophies/Achievements
Page 1 of 1