Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, what about muscles?

Go down 
+2
ben
KING
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KING
Mortal Soul
KING

So, what about muscles? Empty
PostSubject: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey guys, I have a question.

I'm a little small, but not by much. I don't really gain or lose weight that often, I've stayed at a steady 130lbs for about 3 years.
So tell me, how do I go about putting on some muscle? I don't have much to speak of, but I be able to build some strength in my body.

I'm not talking about getting ripped or anything like that, I just want to become a little stronger, gain some more endurance, for daily life.

Any Advice? tongue
Back to top Go down
ben
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Depending on your age, I recommend the gym if its local and affordable. You dont have to be a big tough man to go do some weights. Most gyms will give you a free session with a trainer when you first sign up. Dont be shy, they'll give you a plan and show you how to use all the machines. It works wonders, go twice a week for 6 months and you will notice a big difference.
Back to top Go down
crazypedro
Helpful Soul
crazypedro

PostSubject: Re: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 am

well, because yr only 16 doing anything to strenuis could damage yr body long term as yr not fully grown. but easyest was is simply get a friend to go out runnin, do some curcuit training with simple excersises in. u wana keep the reps high to tone yr body. 130 is a lil light a guess so after a few weeks youl find yrself gettin thinner (if ya doin situps n stuff) so you make hav to up the daily calories or even just take carb n protine shakes.
Back to top Go down
gamerx11
Nooblit Soul
gamerx11

PostSubject: Re: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:30 am

crazypedro wrote:
well, because yr only 16 doing anything to strenuis could damage yr body long term as yr not fully grown. but easyest was is simply get a friend to go out runnin, do some curcuit training with simple excersises in. u wana keep the reps high to tone yr body. 130 is a lil light a guess so after a few weeks youl find yrself gettin thinner (if ya doin situps n stuff) so you make hav to up the daily calories or even just take carb n protine shakes.

Nah, you can do strenuis exercises once you get rolling with lifting. Some people start lifting at like age 14 and are benching like 180lbs. It works out fine at 16, its about a good age where body can handle it. Agreed with the friend idea, it is a great way to keep yourself lifting b/c you know that other person will be asking you the next day if you're going lifting or such, its what I do at the gym. Also, they can spot you on your lifts like benchpress. Everything else he said is very true.

What else that I recommend is to start out on is to lift 3x a week and rotate muscle groups. For example:
Mon- Chest, Tri. Bi
Wens- Back, Shoulders
Friday-Legs, Abs

You can slowly Break up each of the days into 5x a week once you get your body in the mindset of lifting and/or if you like it. For example:

(My Schedule)
Mon-Chest,Abs
Tues- Legs
Wens-Bi, Tri, Abs
Thurs- Back
Fri- Shoulders, Abs

Then, on the other days just do running for a half an hr. This will build up your endurance while gaining some muscle slowly over time. Try to do some cardio 3-4x a week to stay in shape.

Btw, don't worry about getting huge like in an instant, you won't. I have been doing some serious lifting for 6 months and I'm not huge, just toned. Good luck with getting into lifting. If you want more information check out bodybuilding.com for a great website to go to.
Back to top Go down
cDizzle
Helpful Soul
cDizzle

PostSubject: Re: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 pm

KING wrote:

I'm a little small, but not by much. I don't really gain or lose weight that often, I've stayed at a steady 130lbs for about 3 years.
So tell me, how do I go about putting on some muscle? I don't have much to speak of, but I be able to build some strength in my body.

I'm not talking about getting ripped or anything like that, I just want to become a little stronger, gain some more endurance, for daily life.

Any Advice? tongue

Does the school you go to offer a fitness course? I have been taking it the past 2 years, and it's been great.

If not, I would recommend just getting a basic dumb bell set. You can get a pretty solid full body workout off dumb bells alone
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 am

KING wrote:

Any Advice? tongue

Ok, first things first. Figure out a training schedule. If you have access to a gym and someone who know whats they are doing. Most of the time someone at the gym can help you.

Second and most important thing is, EAT. Your body needs fuel to make muscle. Eat things high in protein like meats, eggs, dairy, seeds, nuts, fish, etc. etc.

The more you eat, the more energy you will have, the harder you can work out(Not too hard though). Just remember, when lifting weights its not about how much you can lift. But how many times and how well you can lift it. Say your doing a pushup for example. Doing the pushup is about form, and doing it right. Don't arch your back, or sway, go straight down to the ground touch your chest then back up slow. Same thing for any other exercise. Doing it slow, and getting it right gets the most out of the exercise.

Your muscles don't want you to just pump out fast repetitions, you want to basically flex the muscle and keep it at this point for the furation of the rep.

Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, what about muscles?   So, what about muscles? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, what about muscles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues :: Weight Issues-
Jump to: