Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stress Management?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bec0530
Helpful Soul
Bec0530

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:27 am

I guess this is the best place to put this type of topic, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

My job's been awfully stressful the last couple days.
I work in a government office and we're prepping for a whole bunch of big meetings all in a row (in which some big government heads will attend).
What I am responsible for is making sure that all the information needed for those meetings are organized into a booklet for the important people of the meeting to have.
I have many other tasks than that, that is something that isn't what I'm being hired/paid for but they need the extra hands right now.
What I actually do is work with the office files (put simply), so this is a good thing for me to be helping out with because of my high level of organization (if I do say so myself).
But anyway, back to what I was saying-

It's been really stressful (and this is hard to describe what I'm actually doing, but I'll try), because there have been a lot of materials for the booklets flying at me from all over the place, and I'm trying to figure out where they go, and all that stuff.
All THAT stuff I could handle.
But what's really bugging me is that I'm working with a co-worker on this.
She has a certain way that she likes to run things, even though I'm more experienced in putting together these booklets.
She never likes to take blame, and thinks she always right.
Other than that she's a wonderful person and has helped me out on many other things.

I can handle her, and the work, but put them together and I feel really overwhelmed by it.
I come home from work super pissed and stressed.
I haven't been able to get enough sleep to function completely (only about 3 hours), and because of the fast-paced work I haven't been eating right (or really at all).

And on top of all this stress is the fact that this is only a temporary job, and I'm only there until the end of the month.
I live with my fiance, and our friend (who is currently unemployed and isn't contributing to anything money-wise - no rent, no bills, no food).
I'm seriously getting worried that I'm not going to have this job next month and that we won't be able to afford to keep our apartment.
This is a great job, I love this job to pieces (even when it's super crazy busy at times like these), and the pay is fantastic.
I pay 70% of the rent right now and all the bills myself (cable/internet/phone, & power). And I'm super worried that I won't be able to keep up with that if I don't have a job (or this one).

Thanks for reading all of that, but if you didn't-

SHORT VERSION

What do you do for stress release?

I might end up adding more later. *gasp*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bec0530.deviantart.com
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 pm

I suggest finding something you like when you get home from work. Whether it be a book, video game, or even a tv show. Something like that, that you enjoy. Usually when im stressed out I find something like that in my life that I know makes me happy and do it. My current stress reliever is the video game world of warcraft. On there I can talk freely and have a good time.

Basically without all that jibber jabber I think you just need to find your outlet when not at work.

Also do you get on the friend about getting a job to help out around your place? That may be another help to relieve some stress. Having to worry less about bills would defiantely be a help in my opinion.

Dunno if that helps or not.
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 pm

When I am stressed, I practice riffs on my guitar, either that or I sketch.
Back to top Go down
Bec0530
Helpful Soul
Bec0530

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Ichigo wrote:
I suggest finding something you like when you get home from work. Whether it be a book, video game, or even a tv show. Something like that, that you enjoy. Usually when im stressed out I find something like that in my life that I know makes me happy and do it. My current stress reliever is the video game world of warcraft. On there I can talk freely and have a good time.

Basically without all that jibber jabber I think you just need to find your outlet when not at work.

Also do you get on the friend about getting a job to help out around your place? That may be another help to relieve some stress. Having to worry less about bills would defiantely be a help in my opinion.

Dunno if that helps or not.

Thanks that helped.
I have bugged him about it enough that it's almost starting to hurt our friendship...
He's applied to a whole bunch of places he just hasn't heard back from them. Or so he says.
He's a gamer through and through, so all he does all day is play video games.
He said the other night that he feels guilty for having to do the dishes most of the time, and I was soo close to smacking him one.
So do the dishes when they pile up. I pay for your frigging room and board and FOOD! And who pays for the power and internet bill that keeps your video games going? Oh yes, me.
So he shouldn't feel guilty that he does the dishes more than us.
He is home all frigging day.

*blush*
Wow... that was... expressive and mean. I've have a long day, and it's not even over yet, so I think that was just a snap that got loose.
I play WoW too, but I find that it just irritates me even more.
I've tried books and other games but I find that I'm too stressed out to be able to concentrate...
So I'm sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Thanks though.

Oh, and

@ Gen_Wolf

I don't have access to my Dad's guitar anymore and I love to draw but think that my art sucks so it just makes me angry again.
Here's my stuff, if you want to know: www.bec0530.deviantart.com
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Do you excercise/workout? I know my parents when they are stressed about work they hit the gym. When they come home they are definately alot easier to get along with.

Also, maybe you could ask your friend what places he's applied to, and go ask the place. Then you can see if he's lieing or not.

And yeah warcraft can do that if something doesn't go your way. I hear ya there.

As for your friend, if you're paying for everything, the least he can do is help around the house if he isn't contributing. I don't think you were out of line at all with what you said.
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Wow, Bec. You have natural talent, your good. You should sketch more often. And Bec. If I were you. Although we all know you would miss us all here, but you should get rid of your internet until he gets a job. Just a suggestion lol.
Back to top Go down
Bec0530
Helpful Soul
Bec0530

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:43 am

@ Ichigo

I don't exercise enough, but I don't have the money to get a gym membership, and I doubt that I'd go anyway. I'd be too self-conscience about my body. I do have a wii, and a wii fit, and I've been meaning to use it more often.
Thanks for the help, and I came home yesterday after working 12.5 hours STRAIGHT to find that he had cleaned the apartment completely, including all the dishes. So I won't be mad at him for now. Though I did make a snappy comment about how he earned his room and board for the day.

@Gen_Wolf
*blush* Thanks. I haven't done anything artistic in a long time, so I fear that I might have lost touch.
I need the internet just as much as he does, and my fiance, so cutting it off just for him would be annoying for us other two.
And besides, I love WoW, and so does the fiance, he'd freak if he couldn't play into wee hours of the night.
Back to top Go down
Bec0530
Helpful Soul
Bec0530

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 pm

I came home yesterday and my roommie said that he's got a job interview on Sunday.
And my busy time at work is through for now.
Things are starting to right themselves, and with the weekend here, I'll be able to catch up on my sleep.

So many thanks to all who commented. (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stress Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress Management?   Stress Management? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stress Management?
Page 1 of 1