Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my worst fear.

Go down 
+5
iEM0
gamerx11
Tcorb18
jackwabbit
thevegasoutcast
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:21 pm

[sigh] okay.. so basically my life is, to put it bluntly, hell. i don't exactly have a great family, but then again who does these days? anyway. i have a really really really big problem with my stepdad, ROB, god seriously he's a dick. my MOM, ROB, me, and my little sister SETTIE [diffrent dads, shes ROBS kid, i'm not] moved from our apartment into a town house. and my mom is really stuborn so i guess her thought was we could leave everything, meaning past arguments and fights etc., at the apartment and just move on. i can't just move on.. Mad ROB has seriously just messed everything i had going for myself. for example, he stole my mom away from me, ever sense he's lived with us my mom hasn't given to shits about me. she says she loves me but i think she just tolerates me. she doesn't even believe me when i tell her things that ROB does. i hate ROB with a passion Twisted Evil i really do and i'm not afraid to show it anymore. for the last month that we lived in the apartment he just crossed the line on so many diffrent levels. the list of things that he gets away with is endless. here let me give you a few... not having a job, sitting on his bumm all day, spying on me while i chage my clothes.. YEAH, THATS RIGHT! and when i told my MOM, guess what she did.. NOTHING! she bought his lame bumm excuse of "oh, i thought i smelled something burning, so i was smelling under her door." and uh sorry but when did "smelling" require a mirror, and if you really thought something was burning wouldn't you go IN the room to see what it is... Question so basically what i'm doing now is ignoring ROB and SETTIE. i don't want anything to do with them at all. but that means ignoring my mom as well, and i don't want to do that. besides thoughs problems i have the common OCD, deppression, panic attacks, and possibility of being schizophrenic issues Rolling Eyes [being sarcastic, but vveerrryy serious]. which my MOM made attemps to fix which really just messed up my head more. she would decide to pump me up on drugs and then stop when she thought i was "fixed", yeah shes a genius right? Laughing

i guess i wrote enough for this post.. trust me my stories go deep and way back when, i was a kid. the only way of escape i have now is drawing, writting, and sweet sweet mary jane.

live with it. <3 kristen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/simplygibson
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 pm

My father is an agressive drunk so i can relate. Everythng needs to go his way and nobody will listen to what I say or about him or nothing. My family are the only ones that know what he is like, then he promised us things would be different when we moved to halifax with him but they didnt, they actually got worse. I remember the night when he went after my mother for the last time, i was too young to do anything about it before but the i finally got sick of it and we got into a fight and i thre him across the room. He has never touch my mom since but when he get durnk (almostevey day he starts with me instead, i would rather that then him try to go after my mothr agian but it gets hard, i cant have friends over for the night and im aiad of have my girlfend over when hes home because hes unpredictable and i dont want her to see me and him go at it the way we do,. I just accepted the fact that i cant change it and i try to live my life anyway, its hard but its possible im doing it right now
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 am

Yeah my family is a bit different too... My dad would rather get drunk and go gamble instead of taking care of my mom... Who has 2 broken hips and has had 2 strokes with in a month. So me and my brothers and sister are basicly taking care of her. But the only thing you really can do right now is find a job and save money for your own place. Because if hes spying on you then you know he cant be trusted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
gamerx11
Nooblit Soul
gamerx11

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:32 am

Ya, wow that really sucks. I mean my family was never that bad but there was problems. I just grow up to learn to try to not be like my dad and if or when im married to treat my wife with respect at least. at least take some responsibility for something... ya know?
Back to top Go down
iEM0
Helpful Soul
iEM0

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 am

well if u mom dosent listen to u, ur ganna need to confront her but a lil different then how u been doing it.. dont make make it seem tat ur the one how is the victum.. use strength in ow u say it.. an it if u can get a good enough talk going.. she will remember some of it.. and as time gose by she will soon relize u were right..but the prblem is waiting.. or if she dosent get what ur saying.. but if all else fails.. u just need to isolate urself from them for a while because if ur mom wont pic between her daughter and her husband.. ur ganna have to make her by ignoring her till she has to confront u.. its hard because of the wait but.. i think thats the best way.. (in my opinion) oo and close the botton of the doors with towels and change behind the shower curtains or w/e
Back to top Go down
Shelbyliciouss
Nooblit Soul

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:12 am

I'm sorry to hear about your situation...you're a senior right? If I were you I would just concentrate on myself/school so you can go away to college next year and leave them all behind! As hard as it is do NOT let them get to you. If anything let this motivate you even more to succeed. Try to get involved with some stuff like volunteering or a job so you can spend as much time away from home as possible...perhaps start saving money so you can move out when you turn 18? And as far as your stepdad spying on you while you're changing...thats creepy. Do you have a lock on your door? If you don't i strongly recommend you get one soon. And if you are really worried just tell your school counselor or another adult...or even call the police.

As far as the ocd, depression, and stuff I think you should also talk to your school counselor about this as well. If possible try to get in with a therapist that specializes in what you're dealing with. Remember every therapist is different so if you have a bad experience the first time don't give up. Sometimes it takes a while to find someone you click with..but once you do its amazing. Its like having someone to go to and just vent lol and usually they have some pretty good advice. Plus if stuff keeps happening with your stepdad, you could tell them and they could definitely do something about it.

I would be interested in hearing what symptoms of OCD and schizophrenia you are having. I myself have experienced OCD and depression so I might be able to give you some ways of coping. But personally I believe that finding the right medication for you is the first step. Once you correct that chemical imbalance in your brain it will put you in a different mindset where it is MUCH easier to deal with these things. I recommend wellbutrin, I take it for my OCD and depression and its great. However if you are also dealing with Schizophrenia you would need to be on an antipsychotic which will suppress the dopamine uptake in your brain. With schizophrenia there is an overactivity of dopamine in your brain which leads to psychotic symptoms. It would probably be best to talk to your doctor about this lol Anyway hope i haven't rambled too much lol its late.
Back to top Go down
DreamyMeadow
Nooblit Soul
DreamyMeadow

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 am

funky family.. I suppose I could write a dissertation about this matter.. okay, but seriously.. we have one thing in common.. funky mom (funky is a word I use for something.. uncommon and unpleasant)

seems like your mom is really just blind to his.. using of her.. plus without meaning to being offensive.. she acts very badly because of her personal problems.. this is exactly the case of my mom.. after my parents divorced she was literally just tolerating me (you have the same feeling) but you know.. you have to realize that if she 'tolerates' you she still kinda loves you.. but probably she's going through her own problems.. I wouldn't like to touch some painful matter but you didn't mention your dad.. for example my dad is a really.. bad person and I've no contact with him.. neither my bro, nor my mom.. but perhaps if there's a possibility of living with your father.. that could (should!) be your first choice..
if there isn't.. then probably you should take some defensive steps and maybe wait for your mom to realize.. and if you already took these ones.. then I'd advise you to seek some you know.. more professional help.. I know people just hate medications and psychiatrist.. but it's not like you're a lesser person or stuff.. like Shelbyliciouss said, it's just chemistry.. and we can fight many things.. but chemistry is one of those super tough opponents and we need to seek some help.. I don't wanna sound like an old wise person or like Mr Mackie Razz (drugs are bad for you, umkay?) but honestly.. drugs are just giving you false feelings.. medication is the right way.. you need to balance the chemistry in your brain first I'd say.. because to me it really seems your mom's having some troubles, too.. and you can't really solve her problems when you have your own.. so probably you should really seek some professional help.. and also talk to your friend(s).. the ones that you trust and the ones that will help you get through it.. it's not a matter of one pill and everything will be solved then.. it takes more time.. but surely with the right help you can get through the first step.. and after that.. you'll surely have much more clearer head to solve all the other things..
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 pm

jackwabbit wrote:
My father is an agressive drunk so i can relate. Everythng needs to go his way and nobody will listen to what I say or about him or nothing. My family are the only ones that know what he is like, then he promised us things would be different when we moved to halifax with him but they didnt, they actually got worse. I remember the night when he went after my mother for the last time, i was too young to do anything about it before but the i finally got sick of it and we got into a fight and i thre him across the room. He has never touch my mom since but when he get durnk (almostevey day he starts with me instead, i would rather that then him try to go after my mothr agian but it gets hard, i cant have friends over for the night and im aiad of have my girlfend over when hes home because hes unpredictable and i dont want her to see me and him go at it the way we do,. I just accepted the fact that i cant change it and i try to live my life anyway, its hard but its possible im doing it right now

ROB is actually and exalcoholic, so i definitally can relate to you aswell. but my mom eventually got him to stop drinking, but the memories i have of the stuff he pulled are so vivid, that probally anouther reason i hate him so much.
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Tcorb18 wrote:
Yeah my family is a bit different too... My dad would rather get drunk and go gamble instead of taking care of my mom... Who has 2 broken hips and has had 2 strokes with in a month. So me and my brothers and sister are basicly taking care of her. But the only thing you really can do right now is find a job and save money for your own place. Because if hes spying on you then you know he cant be trusted.

definitally, i would never trust him with anything.. not even my toothbrush.. i know it's weird but i keep it in my room. lol.
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 pm

iEM0 wrote:
well if u mom dosent listen to u, ur ganna need to confront her but a lil different then how u been doing it.. dont make make it seem tat ur the one how is the victum.. use strength in ow u say it.. an it if u can get a good enough talk going.. she will remember some of it.. and as time gose by she will soon relize u were right..but the prblem is waiting.. or if she dosent get what ur saying.. but if all else fails.. u just need to isolate urself from them for a while because if ur mom wont pic between her daughter and her husband.. ur ganna have to make her by ignoring her till she has to confront u.. its hard because of the wait but.. i think thats the best way.. (in my opinion) oo and close the botton of the doors with towels and change behind the shower curtains or w/e

belive me i've tried everything to try and get her to see what he really is, but she just won't listen.. shes one of those women that can't live without a man.. but the thing is ROB isn't even a real man.
Back to top Go down
HellFire
Helpful Soul

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Do you have any other family members that you can talk to or perhaps a freind or teacher you trust enough to talk to about your problem with Rob?

If so mabey they could help you make your mother understand they seriousness of the problems you are having with this guy.

Sorry if this was already asked.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm

hm.... well what are your plans for the future? cause they are very well the key to escaping the tyranny of this rob fellow, and the silent tyranny of your mom for allowing it lol.. i had the same problem growing up my mom cared more about her boyfriend then her kids for a while, she got into a selfish mindset I guess.. i forgave her for it i don't really care i'm not one to dwell on things we all make mistakes rite... if you could immancipate yourself from home then you'd never have to deal with him, maybe if you can go to school or get a job, move in with someone and continue on with your life... while you're still in that house you probably won't be too happy about it since robs throwin off your good vibes, so all you can really do is put up with it, focus on the future, or move out.. maybe both? maybe you have some good friends or family you can stay with? maybe spend less days at home if possible crash at your homeys place.
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Shelbyliciouss wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your situation...you're a senior right? If I were you I would just concentrate on myself/school so you can go away to college next year and leave them all behind! As hard as it is do NOT let them get to you. If anything let this motivate you even more to succeed. Try to get involved with some stuff like volunteering or a job so you can spend as much time away from home as possible...perhaps start saving money so you can move out when you turn 18? And as far as your stepdad spying on you while you're changing...thats creepy. Do you have a lock on your door? If you don't i strongly recommend you get one soon. And if you are really worried just tell your school counselor or another adult...or even call the police.

As far as the ocd, depression, and stuff I think you should also talk to your school counselor about this as well. If possible try to get in with a therapist that specializes in what you're dealing with. Remember every therapist is different so if you have a bad experience the first time don't give up. Sometimes it takes a while to find someone you click with..but once you do its amazing. Its like having someone to go to and just vent lol and usually they have some pretty good advice. Plus if stuff keeps happening with your stepdad, you could tell them and they could definitely do something about it.

I would be interested in hearing what symptoms of OCD and schizophrenia you are having. I myself have experienced OCD and depression so I might be able to give you some ways of coping. But personally I believe that finding the right medication for you is the first step. Once you correct that chemical imbalance in your brain it will put you in a different mindset where it is MUCH easier to deal with these things. I recommend wellbutrin, I take it for my OCD and depression and its great. However if you are also dealing with Schizophrenia you would need to be on an antipsychotic which will suppress the dopamine uptake in your brain. With schizophrenia there is an overactivity of dopamine in your brain which leads to psychotic symptoms. It would probably be best to talk to your doctor about this lol Anyway hope i haven't rambled too much lol its late.

belive me i've had all the therapy i need, my mom doesn't stay with it. she can't keep up the payments or sometimes shes just to lazy to help me through it. when i was 13 i was actually on zoloft. then i stoped. then when i was 15 i was actually on wellbutrin, zoloft, trazidone, seroquil [an antipsycotic], and some other stuff i don't really remember.. then i was off it, and then again i was on like 4 diffrent pills, and then i was off. i hate medication. pills kill. i would rather smoke weed than go up and down with meds. as far as symptoms go.. ocd: obsesive thoughts, rituals, compulsive urges, painc in crowds, etc. schizophrina: extreme paranoia, occasional voices, occasional "flashes" of light? [hard to explain], i feel like really weird like sometimes i feel like i'm actually standing outside of my skin.. social withdraw, slight but severe mood swings, and sometimes i just feel so overwhelmed i go catatonic, panic attacks... i don't even know.
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 pm

DreamyMeadow wrote:
funky family.. I suppose I could write a dissertation about this matter.. okay, but seriously.. we have one thing in common.. funky mom (funky is a word I use for something.. uncommon and unpleasant)

seems like your mom is really just blind to his.. using of her.. plus without meaning to being offensive.. she acts very badly because of her personal problems.. this is exactly the case of my mom.. after my parents divorced she was literally just tolerating me (you have the same feeling) but you know.. you have to realize that if she 'tolerates' you she still kinda loves you.. but probably she's going through her own problems.. I wouldn't like to touch some painful matter but you didn't mention your dad.. for example my dad is a really.. bad person and I've no contact with him.. neither my bro, nor my mom.. but perhaps if there's a possibility of living with your father.. that could (should!) be your first choice..
if there isn't.. then probably you should take some defensive steps and maybe wait for your mom to realize.. and if you already took these ones.. then I'd advise you to seek some you know.. more professional help.. I know people just hate medications and psychiatrist.. but it's not like you're a lesser person or stuff.. like Shelbyliciouss said, it's just chemistry.. and we can fight many things.. but chemistry is one of those super tough opponents and we need to seek some help.. I don't wanna sound like an old wise person or like Mr Mackie Razz (drugs are bad for you, umkay?) but honestly.. drugs are just giving you false feelings.. medication is the right way.. you need to balance the chemistry in your brain first I'd say.. because to me it really seems your mom's having some troubles, too.. and you can't really solve her problems when you have your own.. so probably you should really seek some professional help.. and also talk to your friend(s).. the ones that you trust and the ones that will help you get through it.. it's not a matter of one pill and everything will be solved then.. it takes more time.. but surely with the right help you can get through the first step.. and after that.. you'll surely have much more clearer head to solve all the other things..

i've actually never met my real father, he left before i was born. cause he had anouther girlfriend besides my mom at the time.. [sigh] i always talk to my friends, and one particular teacher so i do have sources to vent to, and i'f i'm ever in a real jam i do have people to help me. i'm lucky to have the friends i do. they are really the only reason why i keep going. they give me strength.

pills kill. i'd rather smoke weed. like really though. haha.
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:58 pm

furball006 wrote:
hm.... well what are your plans for the future? cause they are very well the key to escaping the tyranny of this rob fellow, and the silent tyranny of your mom for allowing it lol.. i had the same problem growing up my mom cared more about her boyfriend then her kids for a while, she got into a selfish mindset I guess.. i forgave her for it i don't really care i'm not one to dwell on things we all make mistakes rite... if you could immancipate yourself from home then you'd never have to deal with him, maybe if you can go to school or get a job, move in with someone and continue on with your life... while you're still in that house you probably won't be too happy about it since robs throwin off your good vibes, so all you can really do is put up with it, focus on the future, or move out.. maybe both? maybe you have some good friends or family you can stay with? maybe spend less days at home if possible crash at your homeys place.

when i graduate highschool next year i plan on going to tennessee to live with my grandmother for a bit, just until i can get on my feet and figure out what i'm going to do. unless i figure out things sooner then i'll probally move out and go to college for soething.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:04 pm

thevegasoutcast wrote:
furball006 wrote:

when i graduate highschool next year i plan on going to tennessee to live with my grandmother for a bit, just until i can get on my feet and figure out what i'm going to do. unless i figure out things sooner then i'll probally move out and go to college for soething.

well thats good. how do you think you're gonna make out in tennessee? if you're moving to a positive envrionment with someone you trust it should allieviate some or alot of your stress.... also, if you have to much time on your hands try to pick up a hobby of sorts, something you can build upon... i picked up guitar and other instruments when i was 16 it filled a big time gap for me and releaved some of my tensions...
Back to top Go down
thevegasoutcast
Nooblit Soul
thevegasoutcast

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm

furball006 wrote:
thevegasoutcast wrote:
furball006 wrote:

well thats good. how do you think you're gonna make out in tennessee? if you're moving to a positive envrionment with someone you trust it should allieviate some or alot of your stress.... also, if you have to much time on your hands try to pick up a hobby of sorts, something you can build upon... i picked up guitar and other instruments when i was 16 it filled a big time gap for me and releaved some of my tensions...

i think i do good in tennessee, i might not be able to stay there for a long period of time though cause my grandmother lives in a small small samll town and i don't hink i'll be able to adjust to that well cause i was born, raised, and am still living in las vegas. theres no place like home, lol. oh and i definitally have a hobby, i like drawing and photography.. and occasionally i'll play video games, hhaa.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:12 pm

thevegasoutcast wrote:
furball006 wrote:
thevegasoutcast wrote:
furball006 wrote:

i think i do good in tennessee, i might not be able to stay there for a long period of time though cause my grandmother lives in a small small samll town and i don't hink i'll be able to adjust to that well cause i was born, raised, and am still living in las vegas. theres no place like home, lol. oh and i definitally have a hobby, i like drawing and photography.. and occasionally i'll play video games, hhaa.

thats good Smile sounds like you are set.. you know ive always grown up in cities, I live in a big city right now... I would KILL! (not literaly) to live in some small town rural area thats just me tho.. you are 5 years younger then me so you are probably not as tired of the cities as I am lol..., but hey given your hobby relocation might be fun for a while, new landscapes for new inspiration.. hopefully you meet some cool people in tennessee
Back to top Go down
Shelbyliciouss
Nooblit Soul

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:24 am

hmm..maybe going to a support group would be great for you? Just to like talk to other people who are in your situation.

Last edited by Shelbyliciouss on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:34 pm

ROB is actually and exalcoholic, so i definitally can relate to you aswell. but my mom eventually got him to stop drinking, but the memories i have of the stuff he pulled are so vivid, that probally anouther reason i hate him so much.[/quote]

yeah i understand what you mean, i just use those memeroies so i dont do the things that hes does and has done to me and my family, that pain takes a long time to heal but talking about is the first step
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my worst fear. Empty
PostSubject: Re: my worst fear.   my worst fear. Empty

Back to top Go down

my worst fear.
Page 1 of 1