Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mount & Blade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phil19uk
Strong Soul

Mount & Blade Empty
PostSubject: Mount & Blade   Mount & Blade EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:53 pm

This has to be the best indie game ever imo, I had always wanted a medieval RPG with realistic combat and tons of modding potiental. So does anyone else have this and what do they think about it? Also what is your fav mod?

Quote :
About the Game

Calradia is a land at war, offering great riches and even greater dangers to adventurers and mercenaries that flock to shed their blood on its soil. With courage and a strong sword, an unknown stranger can make a name as a warrior.

Free-form sand-box gameplay. You are free to go anywhere in a world with more than a hundred unique locations including villages, castles and towns.
Groundbreaking horseback combat.
Highly advanced and intuitive sword-fighting systems.
Fight on horseback and foot using a vast variety of medieval weapons, each with unique characteristics.
You can be anything from a lonesome adventurer to a commander of armies or an owner of villages, castles or towns.
Sophisticated AI will challenge you in combat and in your strategic plans.
Freedom to interact with hundreds of characters.

Battle Video

Some of my top mods would be: The Hundred Year War, Crusader, Graphical Enhancment mod, Mongol series and star wars mod.

Also steam are having a 75% off sale on Mount & Blade, and if your intrested you should pick it up. Steam Mount & Blade Sale
I dont work for taleworlds but I do think games like this deserve support, so if your a medieval buff or love trying diffrent mods this should intrested you.
Back to top Go down
Zancoth
Elite Soul

Mount & Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount & Blade   Mount & Blade EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I though about trying the demo seeing as I have no money or access to a credit card at all.
Is it worth a download?

How are the graphics? Don't look like the best.
Back to top Go down
phil19uk
Strong Soul

Mount & Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount & Blade   Mount & Blade EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Lol yeah ofc its worth a download, you can see how the combat works and so on. Visually it isnt the best, but you have to rember it was devolped by a 2 person team from turkey. If you wantt higher res textures/ HDR/ sounds whatever, there are a ton of mods that do this. This is an mod here which adds better textures/ more plants etc along with HR. Mount & Blade Mb654 Mod is called Graphical Enhancement 2.5, you can find it here.

But the gameplay is what really sold it for me, it has a fully fleshed out attack/block system (combat) and amazing mounted combat. The main game is freeform, so no storyline to follow. You can basically travel the world map, and do whatever you want from questing to robbing caravans ( or become a merchant yourself). When you do alot of quests for a certain faction you can join them, and wage war on other faction etc. There are also arenas and tournaments, which you can take part in or if you want place a bet on a team and watch the fight. The stat system is also very fleshed out, ranging from the basic strength/ agility to how many prisioners you can take. You can then seige castles and take them over, or collect taxes from your villages then build and modify those villages. I mean the list is endless, plus if you add mods into the mix you will always have somthing to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mount & Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount & Blade   Mount & Blade Empty

Back to top Go down

Mount & Blade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Gaming-
Jump to: