Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are we forgeting?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

Are we forgeting? Empty
PostSubject: Are we forgeting?   Are we forgeting? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:46 pm

i looked at many threads in this section and it almost always involves an arguement about witch is better and more realistic blah, blah, blah but i think everyone forgot that games arent supposed to be real there supose to be fun..if games were like real life nobody would play them
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

Are we forgeting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we forgeting?   Are we forgeting? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 pm

That's the main reason why I don't like most games nowadays, they're way too realistic.

I mainly play games to get away from the real world and relax, and playing a game that tries to mimic the real world as good as possible doesn't exactly help with that. No, give me some colorful graphics, characters with quirky personalities and fun yet simple gameplay (I don't need to have the ability to modify my weapon with 9001 options, seriously).

This is why I'm such a fan of Nintendo (up to the GC anyway, Wii is kind of bad), they have all these great titles that fit the games I prefer for their systems, like Mario, Zelda, Banjo-Kazooie and hell even a "dark" game like Conker's Bad Fur Day had colorful graphics!
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

Are we forgeting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we forgeting?   Are we forgeting? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Psoewish wrote:
That's the main reason why I don't like most games nowadays, they're way too realistic.

I mainly play games to get away from the real world and relax, and playing a game that tries to mimic the real world as good as possible doesn't exactly help with that. No, give me some colorful graphics, characters with quirky personalities and fun yet simple gameplay (I don't need to have the ability to modify my weapon with 9001 options, seriously).

This is why I'm such a fan of Nintendo (up to the GC anyway, Wii is kind of bad), they have all these great titles that fit the games I prefer for their systems, like Mario, Zelda, Banjo-Kazooie and hell even a "dark" game like Conker's Bad Fur Day had colorful graphics!

Haha, Conker's was the SH!T. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

Are we forgeting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we forgeting?   Are we forgeting? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:10 pm

I don’t care if it’s realistic or not , all I care about is if it is fun to play or not , if it’s fun then I’m getting it
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
Essencewing
Mortal Soul
Essencewing

Location : Prince Edward Island, Canada (never heard of it, huh?)

Are we forgeting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we forgeting?   Are we forgeting? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 4:25 am

I don't like realism in games. That's why I play Nintendo games such as Metroid Prime 3 and (hopefully soon) No More Heroes. I also play Guitar Hero since it doesn't have violence and does not look real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are we forgeting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we forgeting?   Are we forgeting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we forgeting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Gaming-
Jump to: