Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Im having a problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

Im having a problem Empty
PostSubject: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:21 am

A couple of friends of mine made a clan a while ago and it got over 200 members. But most of the were inactive. Then we closed that site and made a new clan site but then we all dropped our common clan game Endwar. Now we just see ourselfs as a Gaming comunity. Problem is, we are low on members (we are about 20 ppl lol but very active)

I have made a recruitment video to try to get in more ppl and i thought i could post it here if anyone is intrested in joining our little comunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uhhe2Yj4WY&feature=channel_page

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 am

Exactly how long did the first one last? And by clan, do you mean a forum?
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:00 am

I can give you some tips if you want to build a big community. Smile

You can't just start a community from scratch like that, there's a LOT more work involved than one might think, and it's much better to build it up slowly.

You should start with 1 game, maybe 2 if you think you're up for it and can support both games equally (important!). Over time you can expand the clan and slowly grow into a community and get more games in the mix.

My clan/community now exists just over a year. It started with a few guys playing CSS and hosting a server on an old PC in their closet. Now we support CSS, TF2 and L4D officially, we have 3 servers for each game (so that's 9 servers total in case your math is off Razz) and we have a very successful website/forum.
Back to top Go down
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:34 am

Well the original site was formed a year ago, then it was crashed by the head admin (we never haard from im again) We began with one game (Endwar) Then we made a new site that existed maybe 8-9 months untill recently. We were forced to make a new one cuz head admin on old one went nuts. And yeah it is a forum, a clan forum Razz

We currently have 2 games in focus in our community, Killzone 2 and Empire total war.

Thx for the great advice Psoe Very Happy We have no servers like u guys but i wish we had lol Razz And i wish we had more mebers =/ we basicly did as you said, started with one game and continued on to another one. problem is as i said most ppl on other site was inactive =(
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Kurten wrote:
Well the original site was formed a year ago, then it was crashed by the head admin (we never haard from im again) We began with one game (Endwar) Then we made a new site that existed maybe 8-9 months untill recently. We were forced to make a new one cuz head admin on old one went nuts. And yeah it is a forum, a clan forum Razz

We currently have 2 games in focus in our community, Killzone 2 and Empire total war.

Thx for the great advice Psoe Very Happy We have no servers like u guys but i wish we had lol Razz And i wish we had more mebers =/ we basicly did as you said, started with one game and continued on to another one. problem is as i said most ppl on other site was inactive =(
Well the first line of that post is already a big part of the failure I'd say.

You have to make 100% sure the leaders of the clan are trustworthy and won't just run away. Whenever things get a little bad, people will start getting inactive because they feel like it's all gonna fall apart anyway. Smile

Drama is the main reason of clans falling apart, and the only way to avoid it is to have the leaders dedicated to running the clan. If they're not, then the clan WILL fail sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:45 pm

We switched head admin when our previous head admin went nuts (our current one is a very dedicated person that are willing to do everything to prevent the clan/comunity to fall apart) I have my full confidence in him Smile

Oh and as you prob guessed im not very good at talking to ppl to make our clan look good if you know how i mean. But from what i have heard im quite good at making movies lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:09 am

Kurten wrote:
We switched head admin when our previous head admin went nuts (our current one is a very dedicated person that are willing to do everything to prevent the clan/comunity to fall apart) I have my full confidence in him Smile

Oh and as you prob guessed im not very good at talking to ppl to make our clan look good if you know how i mean. But from what i have heard im quite good at making movies lol Razz
Haha I agree. Try keeping the negative stuff to an "about us" section or something, and when actually advertising for the clan, only say what's up right NOW. There's no need to talk about all the negative things that happened in the past when advertising. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 am

One again thx for the advice Very Happy I'll do that the next time i try to recruit new members lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im having a problem   Im having a problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Im having a problem
Page 1 of 1