Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

:: Competitive Gaming

Go down 
+2
DtoX
Rey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

:: Competitive Gaming Empty
PostSubject: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:12 am

What are your thoughts on competitive gaming and what games do you play competitively?

I personally LOVE competitive gaming.. they put a new higher level of fun to the game and I think the competition is extremely exciting.

I play many games competitively, but I mainly focus on 2D Fighters and the arcades. Here, we usually get 60-100 people for local tournaments, so the competition is big for the fighting community here.

I play the following games:

- Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Probably the best fighting game ever created in my opinion. It's extremely fast, get you busy, requires A LOT of strategy and it has my favourite gaming company mixed with my favourite comic book company.
I've been playing the game for 9 years now and I can't get enough of it. I usually get top 3 in the local tournaments here and I pretty much mastered half the roster (52 characters in that game). I think the US scene for that game is extremely boring, mainly because the people who play it in the US limited the game to 8 characters..

- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - My second favourite fighting game and probably the fighting game that requires the most strategy.. ever. Street Fighter IV is great and all, but compared to 3rd Strike, it's really child's play..
I've been playing competitively for five years now and it gets more exciting every year because there's always new things to discover in that game, even for a ten year old game.

- Guilty Gear XX #Reload - Can't say anything about this game that hasn't been said. been playing it competitively for about two years.

---

So what about you guys?

..Oh, button mashing will get you no where in competitive fighting games. ;3
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:13 am

any game i can play online or if me and a friend has the same game.
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

PostSubject: Re: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 11:09 am

THANK YOU!! Finally something on Gaming I can finally answer I rather competitive game with friends, especially because my church gets the youth together and we have gaming tornaments which totally rule!

At the tournaments they play stuff like:
Street FighterIII: 3rd Strike
mostly Call of Duty or something to that nature

Me I'm pretty boring so I just stick to the wii Mario games! I can have the time of my life with the simple things!lol

*I said Good Day!!*
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Well last september i won a fifa 09 tournament, and last month a friend and i won a Call of Duty 4 tournament. And everytime i play against a friend or someone thats not the computer i always play competitively.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
CJ
Mortal Soul
CJ

PostSubject: Re: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:01 pm

I like playing

NBA 2K9
Madden (any one)
A few FPS such as COD and Halo
Gears of War 2

any of you guys want my gamertag for XBL its " AimAtSum1Else "
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/PrescottEstateFilms
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:01 pm

I played in a small Guitar Hero 2 Tournament at Gamestop once,I got dominated on the first round on "Beast and the Harlot" on hard.I've been considering joining an online tournament since its the ONLY game I've ever been good at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :: Competitive Gaming   :: Competitive Gaming Empty

Back to top Go down

:: Competitive Gaming
Page 1 of 1