Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any hope for me?

Go down 
+3
Paradox
DiGiTiLsOuL
SgtVoodoo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Well last year i recently messed up my leg VERY bad (2 x-rays and an MRI, one coming up that decides if im going for surgery), and although its not really bugging me, ive gained 20 pounds since the injury, i really dont over-eat, in fact, my mom gets mad at me for not eating enough lol, and im just wondering if theres any thing i can do to keep it down

The problem is, is i cant really do any activities that involve my leg, and im very stubborn when it comes to my fruits and veggies (i really dont think food is the problem though, i think its just lack of physical activity)

Does anyone know of a good way for a cripple to keep his weight down? Should i just stick to the sit-ups and push-ups?(push-ups kinda hurt my legs though lol)

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
DiGiTiLsOuL
Mortal Soul
DiGiTiLsOuL

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 pm

I can answer this one.

Your metabolism is slowed to a crawl cause your not active and you eat like a bird so your body is storing fat because it does not know when the next meal is coming.

When you wake up toss something in your mouth just to get it started and I dont mean a hugh meal if you cant just something small if need be then try and drink fluids no Soda! And try for 5 meals a day and stuff.

See if this changes yous system a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/digitilsoul
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks alot frank Very Happy, ill give it a go

And im such a coca cola addict lol, never really thought about it, ill work on cutting back Wink
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Helpful Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 pm

SgtVoodoo wrote:
Thanks alot frank Very Happy, ill give it a go

And im such a coca cola addict lol, never really thought about it, ill work on cutting back Wink
I might not be helping but, try pull-ups too! and like digi said, you gotta get that metabolism going to lose the weight in the first place. And try, just try to find some kind of fruit or vegi that you do like. Im not an exper so ya Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Fruit and Veggies are very vital if you have a bad eating habit.

Like DS said, when you wake up eat something small. Something like a fruit maybe. Fruits are good for you and some can be quite sweet tasting which can ease your sweet tooth a bit if you have one. Veggies are a little harder to get into, but if you can find anything that you'll eat. I personally love baby carrots. They're small and you can put 5 in a bowl and chomp on them while you read the paper or whatever in the mornings.
Back to top Go down
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:49 pm

I used to really like apples, but the skins ruined the whole thing, im gonna go and get one of those slicers and get rid of the skins and go crazy on apples:P

Thanks for the advice everyone, it really does help
Back to top Go down
koreanpakistan32
Strong Soul
koreanpakistan32

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:57 pm

SgtVoodoo wrote:
Well last year i recently messed up my leg VERY bad (2 x-rays and an MRI, one coming up that decides if im going for surgery), and although its not really bugging me, ive gained 20 pounds since the injury, i really dont over-eat, in fact, my mom gets mad at me for not eating enough lol, and im just wondering if theres any thing i can do to keep it down

The problem is, is i cant really do any activities that involve my leg, and im very stubborn when it comes to my fruits and veggies (i really dont think food is the problem though, i think its just lack of physical activity)

Does anyone know of a good way for a cripple to keep his weight down? Should i just stick to the sit-ups and push-ups?(push-ups kinda hurt my legs though lol)

Any advice?

hey i play highschool american football i was a starting sophmore who was at one point very fat i lost my wieght and was getting much more toned but then
during a game early in a varsity game i tore my acl and damaged my miniscus i then was out for the whole season. =[
i gained also about 20 pounds from too much Call of duty 4 and food lol.

i am currently trying to lose that wieght as a junior right now our season jsut finished i worked hard and still started but my gained wieght definentely
affected me and my strength and my person feelings of my appearance but im still working hard lifting wieghts and running and im seeing results.

i cant say me and you are the same person but if you keep on working hard and not letting the surgery be ur excuse to not loose wieght then you'll be fine.

maybe you should eat right do push-ups lift wiehgts with your upper body
*if your at therapy* ask what type of leg work outs you are able to do.
really jsut eat healthy and when your leg is fine jsut stay healthy

sorry its so long =p
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/koreanpakistan32
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm

i tore my ACL tooXD (i think thats what it is), and im just tottally disabled

I switched from coke to V8 though ^_^ so im pretty happy now lol
Back to top Go down
Zancoth
Elite Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:22 am

Yeah like those guys said, I think push ups might help you out.
I'd start with only a few a week so you don't tire your muscles too hard and then try a bit more in a week or so.
Good luck with your problems man.
I hope this works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:45 am

Man, everyone keeps tearing their ACL's... Smile
Back to top Go down
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:27 am

yeh, got tackled by 3 guys in rugby at the same time, one from front, one from left, one from behind lolXD im pretty sure thats what did it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any hope for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any hope for me?   Any hope for me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any hope for me?
Page 1 of 1