Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i have a sense of

Go down 
+4
postaljives
Ichigo
Gen__Wolf
tammycobhc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:24 pm

not being in reality
like it wont even seem lke im doing anything
like typing this out
and drugs help me feel things
but the thing is i cant keep doing them because they make me phsically sick
so since the age of 13 i've been really depressed. when im with my friends and boyfriend i feel fine
but when they leave idk what to do,
i get caught up in my thoughts
help??
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:29 pm

You might wanna just like...get out more, do more stuff where your around people more often. Don't do things that you dont enjoy though. Just have a good time.
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:32 pm

yeah but i cant
my parents say once i turn 18 i can but till then im stuck at my house :/
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:34 pm

This sounds dumb, but you might try video games. Not all video games are shooting games, some are good at taking your mind at any situation you happen to be in. And they pass time better then sitting there thinking about how depressed you are.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 pm

tammycobhc wrote:
yeah but i cant
my parents say once i turn 18 i can but till then im stuck at my house :/

Have you explained how you feel to them like you just did to us? If not you could try a different way that you feel they would "get". I know sometimes it feels like it's impossible to open up to parents.

I had a similair problem which lead to unpleasant thoughts when I was like 18-19. I opened up to them and they understood a little better. Mind you my parents wern't very strict to begin with so it obviously is a different story with each person. I think if they understood they may be open to changing their minds about things possibly.
Back to top Go down
postaljives
Nooblit Soul

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 pm

pick up a hobbie! They will make you forget the depression you are in because you are doing things you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm

To answer both of you, well video games were never my fortay ha
but i think i might try it. thank you :]

and my parents are from a different contry were they dont belive in depression, your either lazy or active. i clean the house everyday and do everything i have to. This will sound really really cliche but they'll never understand me. according to them im a mistake
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Ic.

Ever try drawing? Maybe you could put all your thoughts into artwork. Something like that if video games arn't your thing.

In my opinion getting lost in video games isn't going to help the feelings you're having of not thinking things are real and what not. That's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I know what you mean and neither do i but it's an idea.
And i know your going to think im being complicated but im afraid people or even i will judge my artwork
:/.
I just constantly think
and its starting to give me huge headaches
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:55 pm

It's not about judging and not judging it's about relieving yourself. Sort of like this forum. It's about letting go and working it out.

If you did draw and it helped. After you make it you could just throw it away. That way you'll relieve some stress, and you won't have to judge your own picture and in the end you may feel a little better. It's just one of the options I was thinking about.

It's tough to find something that helps if you confined to your house. Alot less options.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure.

Last edited by Ichigo on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Hmmh i actually think i'll start to draw and paint. Very Happy thank you so much you've been a tremendous help! :]
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:58 pm

tammycobhc wrote:
Hmmh i actually think i'll start to draw and paint. Very Happy thank you so much you've been a tremendous help! :]

No problem. I just think that is a good outlet for how you're feeling. Something like a picture defiantely in my eyes lets you know you are here and things are real.
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Yea, When my parents were divorcing, I went through a ton of being sad. I sketched more then I ever have in those few months. Sketch whats in your heart and mind. Its like poetry with pictures. If your going to paint whats on your mind, let it be a glorious painting.
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm

woww,
already got help. lolol.
well.. I would get a job..
and try and ween yourself off the drugs.

They really don't have positive effects on you..
and
really.. you don;t need them to feel.
hmm..
best to have hobbies and friends that you can talk to about anything.
and..
make sure you have some good freind's that arn't doing the drug thing.
Trying to give up on it and having friends that do it is really a waste of time to
even try to quit..
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 pm

I was thinking when I was walking home from work. Sometimes all you really need to know things are still real is someone to talk to.

Gogo forums Razz
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Well the drug thing is slowly going away cause of my boyfriend
but occasionally i slip up and pop some pills and drink. It's hard for me not too cause we have so much booze and pills in this house, and being as im confined here, its the only thing to do...............
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:19 pm

tammycobhc wrote:
Well the drug thing is slowly going away cause of my boyfriend
but occasionally i slip up and pop some pills and drink. It's hard for me not too cause we have so much booze and pills in this house, and being as im confined here, its the only thing to do...............

While it seems just because there is nothing to do drugs and alcohol are a good idea.

Think about what you told us here. It just ends up making you sick. The negatives usually outweigh the positives.

I felt the same way about alcohol for a while.
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:22 pm

It's weird though
i like pills more than the alcohol but the alcohol doesnt make me that sick.
The thing is though there are no positives only negatives
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Just gotta find the reason you don't want to do it anymore and stick to it.

Willpower for the win. Seems to me like you have a good base to start from.

Last edited by Ichigo on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Is it wrong if i dont have will power anymore?
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

tammycobhc wrote:
Is it wrong if i dont have will power anymore?

Eh, I'm a believer that everyone has it. You may think you don't because you haven't experienced it in a while. It's one of those things I think you have to work yourself back into. I'm still slowly motivating myself to increase mine with certain things in my life.

Starting from something and working up isn't a bad thing even if it seems slow.

Try to do it with something little and work from there is my suggestion. Maybe with something like we talked about earlier in the thread.
Back to top Go down
More_Cowbell
Mortal Soul
More_Cowbell

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Hang in there, your motivation and will power will likely come back when you are free to pursue whatever you love and makes you happy.
Back to top Go down
Azenith
Nooblit Soul

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Maybe pick up a hobby? Learn new things? I used to be like that, since I didn't really have much freedom to go out as much as I'd like when I was your age. I just kept myself occupied with things to do. I learnt how to web design, use photoshop etc, since I was really into art and design at the time, but it may be different for you.

Even now, I still enjoy my me time, as it gives me the time to do whatever I want. I watch anime and improve my Japanese, I even try to waste as much time as I can on stupid little things I wouldn't normally do when I'm with company. Since you really don't get much of it to yourself once you get older. You won't be bound at home forever, so make the most of your childhood as much as you can. You've probably heard this a million times before, but it isn't said for no reason. I really wish I made the most of mine.
Back to top Go down
julesaiah
Strong Soul
julesaiah

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:38 pm

When I was the same age, I had that problem.. like being alone was so overwhelming.

Then I began to write little short stories or comics.and it helped me a lot.

I wish I could be of more help hun:( but finding something that could cause somewhat of a distration to the aloneness might help a tad.

like popsicle stick houses!Razz
Back to top Go down
tammycobhc
Helpful Soul
tammycobhc

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm

I understand what you guys are saying.
And thank you for it Very Happy
but i started painting today,
and it made me feel like i was sufffocating so i started crying.
and i used up almost all my paints but i can practically seee all my problems in the picture ya know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i have a sense of Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a sense of   i have a sense of Empty

Back to top Go down

i have a sense of
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues-
Jump to: