Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

scared of the future,

Go down 
+11
DreamyMeadow
misscupcake
Oracle
Azenith
thegaminggoose
Dripik
koreanpakistan32
blackego1
AboveTheInfluence
Gen__Wolf
taterfrickintot
15 posters
AuthorMessage
taterfrickintot
Nooblit Soul
taterfrickintot

scared of the future, Empty
PostSubject: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:52 pm

m really scared of the future in a lot of ways. im afraid of not being able to affoerd to live on my own. im afraid that the apocolypse might come. im afraid that when i die, i might not go to heaven. im afraid that in the future, everyone is going to be under surveillance 24/7 by the government, so if i even brak the tinyest law, even onb accident, i can get fined or jailed.

anyone else here have the same problem or want to help me?
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:55 pm

The Constitution protects our rights, we will always have the right to defend ourselves in a court of law, infront of a jury of our peers...Don't worry about it, the government isnt as powerful as movies make them out to be.
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Yea, I have some what of the same problem.
I'm mostly worried about supporting myself.
I want to get out of this house so bad...
I still have alot of choices to make for the future.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
blackego1
Nooblit Soul
blackego1

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:26 pm

I somewhat have the same fears, but I'm just more scared of growing apart from everyone I've gotten close to. That, and I'm afraid of what the cost of living might look like when I move out.
Back to top Go down
koreanpakistan32
Strong Soul
koreanpakistan32

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:33 pm

well id like to promise you an apocalypse *spelled it wrong*
wont be happening

and we'll never be on 24/7 surveillance ;]

dont worry just keep livng your life the right way and work hard you'll be able to
make a good living eventualy a family if you want and you'll live a happy life.

this guy died medicaly for 2 hours but they revived him and what he told people was he wasnt sure if he saw any light
or anything of the sort but the feeling he couldnt explain but what he said was dying is a beautiful thing
*of course meaning when your time has for a reasonable reason come*
and that it is a beautiful feeling if you understand what he means.

i believe you'll be fine
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/koreanpakistan32
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Good to know I am not the only one who is paranoid and worried of the future.

But you know what? You worrying about the future is probably a good thing for yourself. You're aware of your future, so you should be prepared for it. Just as long as you do something about it. As for worrying about the apocalypse, your after-life, etc. I know how you feel. But you just need to learn to stop worrying about it and live your life and stop living in fear. Because if you keep living in fear of your death then you'll forget about what living is all about.
Back to top Go down
thegaminggoose
Nooblit Soul
thegaminggoose

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:17 am

taterfrickintot wrote:
m really scared of the future in a lot of ways. im afraid of not being able to affoerd to live on my own. im afraid that the apocolypse might come. im afraid that when i die, i might not go to heaven. im afraid that in the future, everyone is going to be under surveillance 24/7 by the government, so if i even brak the tinyest law, even onb accident, i can get fined or jailed.

Try not to worry so much about the future. You aren't close to where the real worry kicks in. Also, I wouldn't be worried about things you cannot control like the apocalypse or government surveillance. Try to enjoy the present. There isn't widespread Big Brother at the moment, so enjoy it.

Try reading The Trial, you might identify with it.
Back to top Go down
http://kr.youtube.com/user/thegaminggoose
Azenith
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 5:44 pm

taterfrickintot wrote:

Yeh, I had the same problem and to some extent I think I still do.
The best way is, and as hard as it may be, try and not think too much about it.
Live your life by when it comes, there's no controlling the outcome of the distant future.
Make goals, do the things you most enjoy. You'll only regret wasting your time worrying so much once you look back on it all.
Back to top Go down
Oracle
Mortal Soul
Oracle

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I too have the same problem, but I linked this to the part of what happens AFTER I die. Someday's I'd just sit in my room and think about what would happen if I just died; Where I'd go, how would other people react, would people like the fact that I die. Then came the one day, NO ONE START A FLAME WAR ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW But then thats the day where I just thought about religion, whats the point? I kinda gave up on religion as well. I just didn't understand that a book could have such a following around it. Anyway, I can never manage to conclude things, so this is the conclusion.
Back to top Go down
misscupcake
Helpful Soul
misscupcake

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 am

I worry about alot of things, like we all do. I worry my car will break down as Im driving it, I worry my cat will die, I worry someone will say poo about me on youtube, the list goes on.

But you know what?

There is one thing I am sure of in this world.

I know for certain, that most things I worry about, are pointless. Because I cannot change them or control them.

I personally dont believe there is going to be an apolcolypse. But if one started tomorrow, there is nothing I can do to stop it. So why wory about it? I dont want to waste my life worrying about something that might not happen.

As for worries regarding your living situation, these are worth worrying about. To a point.

I think it's normal to worry about things like, what job will I have, where will I live, will I be able to afford gas for my car, etc.

But sometimes the worry won't help the situation, so it's best to try and relax about it.

I trust that I will always find a way to pay for food. If I lost my job, I could get another one and have enough money for food. I could ask my dad for food, my mum, my cousin, etc. I know not everyone has family they can turn to, but Im just trying to prove the point that there are options.

Please dont worry about an apocolypse...... It is so unlikely to happen, and worrying is just making you feel bad hun. No
Back to top Go down
DreamyMeadow
Nooblit Soul
DreamyMeadow

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:22 am

worrying too much will cause only one thing - troubles.. surely you have to think about the future to a certain degree.. and you can dream about it a lot.. but worrying about it.. that's really kinda pointless because like it's been said.. there are things we can't control and there are things we can control.. so let's think and worry about those things we can control.. and kinda.. I don't wanna say forget about the rest.. but let's not worry too much about them..

now, I don't wanna offend you in any way.. but apocalypse? no way! certainly not in next 500 years.. so no prob Razz but seriously..like misscupcake said.. you need to filter out those pointless things.. and focus on important things.. otherwise you'll bath in a dirty soup made of fear, paranoia, stress and such 'tasty' things..

I know overcoming these kinda things is not easy.. but it is possible.. the best way of dealing with this is to have someone really (I mean really) close.. with whom you can talk about these things.. and kinda sort them out.. because to do this alone.. is very close to impossible.. with someone who you really trust.. you can think and dream about the future in a positive way.. there will always be some negative things.. that's the way it is.. but if you have someone with whom you can plan and dream and think about the future.. it's awesome..

it's not always easy to find that someone.. but mostly, people already have these persons around and they don't even know it.. myself, I'm from a really torn and kinda strange family.. but I always found at least a bit of comfort in my best friend and now I know this girl for months and my life is really different now than what it has been, say, a year ago..

and on this great forum.. seems a lot of people are really willing to help.. so honestly.. the only thing you need to do.. is talk about this with someone.. anyone whom you really trust..
Back to top Go down
Angel_Riu
Mortal Soul
Angel_Riu

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm

affraid affraid affraid Well yeah everyoen ask himself those questions. I mean i ask myself all the time, when i am 18 can i be able to drive and not make car accident ?? :S, am i able to live without my parents ? whose gonna take care of me. But here comes teh solution, Who have brothers and sisters or even friends is saved. Who doesn't have, can do it on his own. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 am

taterfrickintot wrote:

Don't be afraid. Allthough I won't comment on the religion part, the rest is pretty easy.

Everyone thinks it's going to be hard to live on their own. It's only hard if you think it is.

My best advice is this: Sit down, take a deep breathe, and nowwwwww..... Prioritize your life. What is the most important thing to you at this very moment. Figure that out, do it, then when its over, repeat my advice again.

Stay calm, stay positive, enjoy life, and enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
skulljoint
Helpful Soul
skulljoint

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Well aparantly the ROAD towards the apocalypse is supposed to be hard.
There is a government out there which is planning to destroy a hell of allot of people.
They want there to just be 500 million humans. And the next thing i red was that aliens will come to earth to enlighten us,
bring is into astral dimensions and tell us that our religions are holding us back from understanding what life is.
This offcourse when its almost over. But in the end it will be you who has to choose if this earth has to change or stay the same(for a short time).
Because, and this is from einstein himself, time is only an illusion. So you have the ability to take more then a million different paths in you life.
After all, in your mind you can become a god and experience life at its fullest potential.
But this is just something i read somewhere, whatever. lol!
Back to top Go down
misscupcake
Helpful Soul
misscupcake

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:51 pm

skulljoint wrote:
There is a government out there which is planning to destroy a hell of allot of people.
They want there to just be 500 million humans. And the next thing i red was that aliens will come to earth to enlighten us,
bring is into astral dimensions and tell us that our religions are holding us back from understanding what life is.
This offcourse when its almost over. But in the end it will be you who has to choose if this earth has to change or stay the same(for a short time).
Because, and this is from einstein himself, time is only an illusion. So you have the ability to take more then a million different paths in you life.
After all, in your mind you can become a god and experience life at its fullest potential.

thats a very interesting post.. but im not sure if it was a good idea to post it here, in a thread about fear of the future No
Back to top Go down
koreanpakistan32
Strong Soul
koreanpakistan32

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:40 pm

skulljoint wrote:

well no one has anytihng to worry about

BRING THEM ON

i wont loose ;]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/koreanpakistan32
skulljoint
Helpful Soul
skulljoint

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:14 am

Well, ....i guess you're right.
But I'm just saying, if you do fear the future it will mostly be a choice to be fearful.
Try to find more things that make you happy, because our only reason to be here is to experience life.
And to find love from all things we do. Life is supposed to be an adventure, an adventure for you to define who you are.
Please, don't fear the future, feel joyful about it. Maybe you'll become someone great, who knows.
Someone who will change humanity....in a good way. Razz
Back to top Go down
Steve-JohnsonRE
Mortal Soul
Steve-JohnsonRE

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Everyone is afraid of the future. Life is full of ups and downs and the only way to make it through unscathed is to just roll with the punches, make the right choices and you'll be fine. Me, I'm terrified of the near future, but I know that when it all comes down to it I still have until the day I die to sort my life out and shape it the way that pleases me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scared of the future,   scared of the future, Empty

Back to top Go down

scared of the future,
Page 1 of 1