Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Best Ever RPG

Go down 
+21
Kurten
Psoewish
red_blaze
TheGreatPUDDING
raynel6988
Angel_Riu
presidentioc
jpearson99
DreamyMeadow
SevenYears
Braveheartkiwi
furball006
Friorey
XxRaN96xX
BushinStyleGuy
Jet
julesaiah
Rey
Rorschach
jackwabbit
EnoughSaid
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
presidentioc
Nooblit Soul
presidentioc

The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:17 am

For me, the best RPG would have to be The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Sure, Oblivion looked better, was certainly more appealing to those new to the series, and clearly more console friendly (I'd make the case that it was really aimed at the console rather than the PC, which saddens me even though I have a 360), but I found Morrowind to be a much more immersive (if that's even a word, lol) experience as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Riu
Mortal Soul
Angel_Riu

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:35 am

Final fantasy.
Back to top Go down
raynel6988
Strong Soul
raynel6988

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 am

fallout 3 and mass effect
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm

People! there's a different between an RPG, Action RPG and a game that has RPG elements!
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Strategy RPG-Fire Emblem 7

RPG-Final Fantasy 12

Action RPG-Fallout 3 or Oblivion
Back to top Go down
red_blaze
Strong Soul
red_blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:59 am

Disgaea, Final Fantasy VIII and Fallout 3 are my three favorite.
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:43 am

Well if speaking of RPG in terms of turn-based battle system like the old school ones, then my favorites are:
- Chrono Trigger
- Legend of Dragoon

Both amazing games imo, and both at the #1 spot. Wink
Pokemon is #2 if that counts.

I'm really not fond of turn-based stuff though, I heavily prefer action RPG's. There are too many titles of this that I love really, the list with games that I do'nt like would be much shorter. :p
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:55 am

I think most turn-based RPGs are very slow and stale..
Back to top Go down
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 am

Knights of the old repuplic 1. God i wish i still have that game, it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am

final fantasy VII.
there is no other game remotely close to being as good.
and im pretty sure nothing will ever beat final fantasy VII.
the only thing that would be better was if they remade the game and only touched the graphics and made them better.
no changes in anything else and you have a winner.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:00 am

The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 278

THE BEST. We all played it
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:08 am

yeah we probably did.
but its not even on the 100 of best ever.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:15 am

who gives a sh*t its my number 1. you got to make you own list man. stop picking up what others are laying down. Ya dig
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 am

A. you are a hypocrite cause you just trashed me for trashing your number 1 game.
B. you write like you think your cool. and thats not cool.
now i i would be sorry offended you if you just used common decency, but why would you make such a big deal out of something so small?
you dont like my opinion then tell me so in a well mannered way.
that game is not on my top 100 and its not on any magazines or websites or shows 100 RPG game list.
thats why i said it.
and besides, if i offended you you should tell me so.
not offend me back.
first off cause im good at defending my self with words(no thats not a threat or anything else bad you can get out of it) so you wouldnt as much as make a scratch on my armor.
secondly cause you lower your self to whom ever offended yous level .
if youd like to discuss this further id be glad to.
as long as you are able to keep it civilized.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:05 pm

He didn't make a big deal out of it or be offended, all he said is "Who cares? it's my favourite" That's pointing out that he doesn't want to debate about it.

I pretty much prefer Disgaea, Chrono Trigger and FFVI because they had a far better story and far better characters. All FFVII had was the wow factor, which can also be said about Ocarina of Time. (I think it was either you or Blaze that said OoT was overrated, not sure..)

Yes, I do point out fingers when someone isn't making sense in their "opinion", but I find "No magazine or site has it on their top 100" to be a very weak argument, considering I'm the person that thinks most of these sites are biased, full of crap and can't criticise any game for their life.

But honestly, I do like Pokemon more. I just love the whole concept of catching your monsters and raising them to grow stronger, being a Competitive PokePlayer myself. But I think Crystal is far superior to Red. ;p

Quote :
B. you write like you think your cool. and thats not cool.

It's the internet, it's for lulz. ;3
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I used to have Pokemon Blue back in the old days. Smile
It was a pain to get all of them because you could only get either Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur at the start, so you had to find someone who was willing to trade theirs, start over and share another one >.>

Anyway, I've been in love with Leafgreen now. That and Firered are basically a remake of blue/red. It has all the stuff the original games had, but with heavily improved graphics and very nice features from the 2nd generation. Smile (Like the ability to run!)
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Rey theres a difference in saying who cares its my fav and saying who gives a poo(you know the rest).
he was giving me attitude about it.
and FF VII has fantastic characters and a fantastic story.
and i most definitely didnt say OoT was overrated.
i love zelda. its probably my fav game series (if you ignore all the cellshade chibi crap and majoras mask).
the main reason i got a wii was zelda.
and PS3 owners and 360 owners can say what they want about the wii.
i still havent met anyone who has played it who didnt end up liking it.
i love my wii.
and i love LoZTP even more.
oh and for the never bin on any official top 100 thing. yeah they pretty much always go wrong with thoes.
but that does not make a game the best game ever.
and i used it to prove the point that waaaaayyyyyyy to few likes that game enough for it to be the best ever in general.
not that it couldnt be his top game.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Oh, I wasn't saying it's bad, it's a great game but all that seperates it from the rest is the Wow factor.

Any FF fan that played most of them, they'll tell you other FF games had a far more better storyline and characters. I don't even like FF and I admit FFVI was one of the best RPGs.

Some FF fans also don't like FFVII fans cause they won't give the other FF games a chance and automatically claim FFVII is far superior (I didn't meet any FF fan that said FFVII sucked though). Kinda gives you a hint of the Halo fanboys and how they won't give other games a chance cause they think Halo is automatically superior, no?

As for the Wii, I like the Wii. Sure, it's based around a gimmick, but it's a fun one. And the people who say there are no games for "hardcore" gamers obviously didn't even see it's library.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm

i know ALOT of FF fans. and all of them agree that FFVII is the best in story character and how the game works in general.
most of the FF games have a fantastic story thats basically why most FF fans are FF fans.
and my self and all my FF fan friends has given all the FF games a fair chance.
and alot of other games for that matter. but we just cant let VII go cause it has everything we wanted.
and one thing im pretty sure any Ff fan will agree on is that the materia system was the best ever.
FFXs sphere grid looks cool but its just not practical and its not that good.

there are alot of games for the for the hardcore.
that we can easily agree on.
the wii may be based on a gimmick but it sure was a good one to base it on.
Back to top Go down
raynel6988
Strong Soul
raynel6988

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:28 pm

raynel6988 thats to bad.
and fallout 3 rules.
but it could have bin alot better.
didnt live up to the hype if you ask me but still an excellent game
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:22 am

Most of the games from last year didn't live up to the hype, except for LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4. Not even MegaMan 9 lived up to it, and I love, love, love, love,LOVE MegaMan.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

well CoD WaW lived up to the hype at least.
one of the best first person shooters ever.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:08 am

Well, you're shooting zombie nazis! that's enough for me. But I don't think I've seen much hype on it. All I heard was "KEELZUNE TEW!!!" :/
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 am

i dont like console shooters.
well on the wii its sweet cause your actually aiming.
but PS/X/2/3 or xbox/360.
naaa. its not that its to difficult.
rather the annoyance factor of having to use the arrows or analog sticks to aim.
never liked it.
so killzone would be crap for me anyway.
but i at least heard A LOT of good stuff about CoD.
and it sure as hell lived up to it.
fantastic game. both in single/co-op and online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Ever RPG   The Best Ever RPG - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Ever RPG
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Gaming-
Jump to: