Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

addicted?.

Go down 
+2
SweChraft
GingerJedi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GingerJedi
Nooblit Soul

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: addicted?.   addicted?. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Hey you guys. yep u guessed it, i'm quite over weight.. i'm 17 and i am 200 lb. i am generally quite a confident person, but this does prey on my mind and sometimes make me feel uncomfortable especially with the "ladies" lol. i know alot of people say the best way is just too watch what you eat and exercersise, but i really am addicted to food. i don't "comfort eat" or anything like that when i'm down etc i just LOVE to eat lol. anyone have any good methods of killing these cravings? or is it all just will-power? am i just making excuses and bein a woose?
Back to top Go down
SweChraft
Helpful Soul
SweChraft

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addicted?.   addicted?. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Well i´m also trying to cut down a little and what worked for me was.... Plain gum, just chewing on something.
It also helped me to cut down on my smoking.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
cDizzle
Helpful Soul
cDizzle

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addicted?.   addicted?. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm

If you're addicted to eating, all you have to do is find healthy alternatives to the foods you enjoy. Also, (If you haven't already) start lifting weights, it speeds up your metabolism, make sure you do some cardio too, no matter how much you hate it. Me, I eat the most out of everyone I know, and by a large margin. I'm 16, 6'2, 196 lbs. and been lifting weights since I was 13, I wouldn't consider myself over weight (Considering most of it isn't fat.)
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addicted?.   addicted?. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:49 pm

I can only agree with cDizzle's post here.
I, too, am overweight, but not nearly as bad as it used to be.
I love food as well, it's just one of the most awesome things out there Razz

But I have indeed searched for healthier alternatives to eat instead, and with a lot of willpower I have managed to simply cut back on the food as well. (which was really hard, too).

Right now I'm trying to get some exercise, but I don't recommend doing that before you sort the main cause of the problem out ... the overeating. Otherwise you'll just get demotivated.
Back to top Go down
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addicted?.   addicted?. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:47 am

GingerJedi wrote:
Hey you guys. yep u guessed it, i'm quite over weight.. i'm 17 and i am 200 lb. i am generally quite a confident person, but this does prey on my mind and sometimes make me feel uncomfortable especially with the "ladies" lol. i know alot of people say the best way is just too watch what you eat and exercersise, but i really am addicted to food. i don't "comfort eat" or anything like that when i'm down etc i just LOVE to eat lol. anyone have any good methods of killing these cravings? or is it all just will-power? am i just making excuses and bein a woose?
if u really cannot cut down eating i suggest that u exercises a lot , jogging , swimming , playing basketball or hitting the gym , not only u will loose weight u will also become healthier. Idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
DoubleSided
Nooblit Soul
DoubleSided

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addicted?.   addicted?. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I had that same problem. What helped me was taking my mind off it. Just like SweChraft it helped if I had gum or my nails Razz
After that it's just not going for that 3rd or 2nd helping.
If you do want to get into shape the best thing is to just start it. I don't know about everyone but i feel really good after Excersing.
To be honest I would say that Excersing became my new 'craving' Razz
Don't get me wrong i still Love food Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

addicted?. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addicted?.   addicted?. Empty

Back to top Go down

addicted?.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues :: Weight Issues-
Jump to: