Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Being alone

Go down 
+13
fms004
mariawithlove
reydelreyes
Katie
Friorey
JustMe
BlackWidow
asiantnt
bakseetdrivr
KING
xXxWrestlingPhantomxXx
Epiczorz
DiGiTiLsOuL
17 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiTiLsOuL
Mortal Soul
DiGiTiLsOuL

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 pm

There was a time in my life when my parents had split and this was not a problem with me because they were unhappy and I was around 19 years old and instead of being a burden on either of them I set out on my own in life.

I moved into a 3 level home and lived on the third floor in what was considered to be an attic refinished into an apartment. I had a kitchen living room bathroom and bedroom and that was it. It was not much but it was mine. I didnt have a car so I had to walk to the local mall which was about a half hour away on foot to my jobs, ys jobs.

I had two and a half jobs to keep busy and get myself on my feet. I did this for 3 years. I would walk to work and when I was done id walk home and there I was alone. I Learned a lot in these few years like having to buy everything I needed myself and wash my own clothes and cook my own food and pay my own bills.

It got me prepared for who I wanted to be in life I guess because it was a learning expirence. I didnt like the walk in the winter so I saved up and bought a used Car "Honda Civic baby"

My story could go on and on but thats not the point. Point being that I was alone but it was not forever nothing is forever there are only moments in life. Its up to us how we make the most out of these moments be it were in a good situation or not.

Last edited by DiGiTiLsOuL on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/digitilsoul
Epiczorz
Nooblit Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:31 pm

hey dude im like 15 and i totaly think your are amazing to go through that and be as happy as you are today . I always feal as if im alone my mum and dad dont even agnoledge me and if they do its only to shout at me and to be honest all of my friends think im starting to show clinical depression and i think if this is the case i should do somthing about it but honestly im only a kid and theres nothing i could do. if i talk about it to any of my friends they cant do anything because they dont understand and just writing this is making me feel more and more depressed and i dont know what to do maby someone else out there does

Peace forever and always †.Epiczorz.†
Back to top Go down
xXxWrestlingPhantomxXx
Nooblit Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Epiczorz wrote:
hey dude im like 15 and i totaly think your are amazing to go through that and be as happy as you are today . I always feal as if im alone my mum and dad dont even agnoledge me and if they do its only to shout at me and to be honest all of my friends think im starting to show clinical depression and i think if this is the case i should do somthing about it but honestly im only a kid and theres nothing i could do. if i talk about it to any of my friends they cant do anything because they dont understand and just writing this is making me feel more and more depressed and i dont know what to do maby someone else out there does

There are tons of solutions. Tell your parents how you feel. Set up therapy sessions. And i have no idea why your friends wouldn't help. isn't that what True friends are for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.extremevideoz.tk
KING
Mortal Soul
KING

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Epiczorz wrote:

Only 15? Nothing you can do?! There's plenty you can do for yourself man, thats the age of making choices! You only run out of options when you stop looking.
Back to top Go down
bakseetdrivr
Nooblit Soul
bakseetdrivr

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Epiczorz wrote:

hey man i have been where you are

from the sounds of it, its might not be something you can talk to your parents about
depending on where you live, there might be a free number you can call, and 15 means you are in high school so you could always go to your guidance councellor

for me, doing what you love (engineering for me i know im lame Razz ) but whether it be excersize or some hobby, spend some time on it

-Tom
Back to top Go down
asiantnt
Nooblit Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Well, I think I kinda know how you feel, mate.

When I was in my freshman year in high school, I was a loner too. I remember I never have a friend when I entered high school. So every day at lunch time, I just go to library to chill. In sophomore year, things start to change. I join Cross Country since I love running. There, I start to meeting new friends. I feel that finally I have someone who have the same interest and hobby to talk to. From then on, the only time I enjoy in school was this sport.
Now, the people that I met in Cross Country have been my classmate as well, so I'm not alone more.
My advice to you: start thinkng about what you like to do (no matter if its a sport or club or anything). Also, try to take the initiative and talk with people. I hope you can overcome that just like I did.
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

i wish id have the strength that u had\have
and u only gained from the expriance
Back to top Go down
JustMe
Helpful Soul
JustMe

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Epiczorz wrote:

Bro, You'd be amazed at how much better you'll feel after just talking with your friends about it. Sometimes the best thing someone can do for someone else is nothing. Just having a shoulder to lean on and someone listen does wonders. Trust me. I also recommend getting into some extra curricular activities like sports or something. Not only does it keep you busy, but you also meet great people and establish great bonds with them.
Back to top Go down
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 am

u are the best DiGiTiLsOuL Cool pshh
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
Katie
Nooblit Soul
Katie

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:51 am

Epiczorz wrote:

Hey you! At 15 years old there's so many options for you that could help you.. I'm only 19 myself, but when I was at your age I struggled alot.. But I found soo many friends through the internet actually, that helped me through it all.. It's way more easy to find friends with your hobbies and interrests over the internet.. Like over forums like this.. plus it's easier to talk to someone who isn't looking straight at you..that's my opinion anyway.. I think you should start looking at all the options you have.. Maybe you could get a job or start some sport to get your mind off things? It sure helps..

- Katie
Back to top Go down
reydelreyes
Nooblit Soul
reydelreyes

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 am

digital soul you are da best man
Back to top Go down
mariawithlove
Nooblit Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 pm

hello. i'm maria. kinda my first time doing this "forum" thing. but anyways.. i'm in a new high school and its hard for me because everyone at school already has their cliques and i don't know how to make friends all over. so right now, i'm just focusing on my studies. its kinda hard for me because all my friends live farther away from me so i don't really have anyone to talk to. and my dad constantly works. sometimes i go maybe 2-3 days without seeing him but he lives in the same house!! but my mom and dad have a great relationship and i assure you "cheating" would be the last thing. however, my mom is getting very old. and she has trouble with her bones. like its hard for her to lift heavy things and she needs vitatmins everyday. my sister is in college but she's home for break (which she'll be returning) soon. so that just leaves me and my mom at the house. i have trouble telling my parents that i don't have that very many friends. and when me & my parents might get into arguements it sucks because then what do i have to do? my sister is gone. my parents are mad at me. no nearby friends. i don't know what to do!! and at the moment my mom is very frustrated at me. any ideas on how to make friends?
Back to top Go down
fms004
Nooblit Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: re:   Being alone EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:14 pm

mariawithlove wrote:
hello. i'm maria. kinda my first time doing this "forum" thing. but anyways.. i'm in a new high school and its hard for me because everyone at school already has their cliques and i don't know how to make friends all over. so right now, i'm just focusing on my studies. its kinda hard for me because all my friends live farther away from me so i don't really have anyone to talk to. and my dad constantly works. sometimes i go maybe 2-3 days without seeing him but he lives in the same house!! but my mom and dad have a great relationship and i assure you "cheating" would be the last thing. however, my mom is getting very old. and she has trouble with her bones. like its hard for her to lift heavy things and she needs vitatmins everyday. my sister is in college but she's home for break (which she'll be returning) soon. so that just leaves me and my mom at the house. i have trouble telling my parents that i don't have that very many friends. and when me & my parents might get into arguements it sucks because then what do i have to do? my sister is gone. my parents are mad at me. no nearby friends. i don't know what to do!! and at the moment my mom is very frustrated at me. any ideas on how to make friends?

I know how you feel. My parents are always working and im most of the time alone in my house, i only see them in the morning and late at night. Im not the athletic person and I dont have many good friends to talk to. I dont get invited to places or do anything on the weekends besides stay at home, bored.
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Yea, I felt lonely in my life before.
to get past all that I just started talking to so many people.
It made me feel so much better.
Flirting with girls and all that...
staying home just doing one thing all the time is going to make you feel lonely.
and trapped in one place.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
SevenYears
Helpful Soul
SevenYears

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 am

There was a time in my life where I spent all of my time seeking friendships and being outgoing in general. I became mentally unstable over time, however, and at one point shut myself away from everyone and everything. This lasted for years, and the only things I would hear from the outside were criticisms from the so called "people who care about me." I became socially inept to the point where I couldn't even look at the few people I did speak to face to face. My thought processes became labored, and no one even knew what I was saying half the time anyway because I usually couldn't stay coherent.

This all led to severe feelings of loneliness. At the time I was not medicated, so I felt every aspect of my ill-being undiluted. It took me a lot of time to re-enter society semi-normal, and this was mostly aided by medication. But even though I had put a lot of effort into reclaiming some semblance of a social life, I still felt lonely most of the time. Because I never got the opportunity to go to highschool because of my health, I felt a profound sense of loss. I felt like I missed a big part of life in my culture, and it made me feel tremendous remorse and sadness, especially knowing that I was getting older. So after being on drugs for a long, dreadful winter, I re-joined the public school system with people my age, aswell as older adults who were also there just to get their basic education. This opened things up for me tremendously, and I made friends with some really awesome people. People who were interested in me as an individual. I felt great. The next semester started after summer, and I was happy to be back...until. Until I was kicked out of what I was told was "home" (yeah right), and had to go with my mother and try to pick myself up from the devastation. I was forced to revoke my enrollment and skip town in an attempt to clear my head. I spent time in the car, had showers at an outdoor camp facility, and ultimately got into a derelict hotel where I could come to terms with the state of my life.

I soon returned to my home city, continuing to reject any sort of interaction with family members or other elements of stress and negativity. I had enough judgment laid for the last ten years. It took a few months, but now I'm slowly becoming more social again. But I can't shake the theme of loneliness. It follows me around like a cloud, encasing all the bitter failures of my life. I now exercise no trust in humanity, and despite my efforts, the loneliness only gets worse because I feel like there's no one I can trust, and like I can't keep up with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleHoneyBear
OldGuy
Nooblit Soul

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Though it may seem like it, being alone isn't terrible. On this subject I can speak with a bit of experience. This is my chosen path. To be balanced one has to be comfortable within their own skin first. That is to mean that you find a degree of contentment by being by yourself. There are benefits to being alone. Alone is when you find inner creativity. Alone is when you don't have to put up any fronts. You can just be yourself, It's just you, your favorite music, show, or web activity. No one to bother you. This is not to mean to be isolated though. A few close friends are great. Just don't place your self worth in other people or noise.

I have had many friends that have been in relationships at a very young age. When these relationships fail they tend to bounce from one bad relationship to another to another trying to find someone to fill that perceived hole in their soul because they "can't imagine life alone". Give yourself time. There's plenty of it. Don't take on the burden of your whole life all at one time.
Peace.

Ps. Frank... you are wise beyond your years. What you are doing here and on YouTube is to be commended. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
TheSilentOn1
Strong Soul
TheSilentOn1

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: thank you   Being alone EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:15 pm

hey soul i just started watching you last year when i foud your game reviews i just want to thank you for the site you made and you helped me emotionaly but giving me the joy of seeing the reviews every wensday thanks man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being alone   Being alone Empty

Back to top Go down

Being alone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues :: Alone-
Jump to: