Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Mortal Soul
CJ

Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers   Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Super Bowl XLlll

Arizona Cardinals

vs.

Pittsburgh Steelers

I will say that I am Pittsburgh Steelers fan, BUT, im going to give a fair comparison and actual statistics of this season leading to Super Bowl XLlll

Heres my opinion of their stories . . .

Arizona Cardinals

The Arizona Cardinals have suprised everyone this season by reaching Super Bowl XLlll. The Arizona Cardinals have never won a Super Bowl in the history of their franchise but things may just turn around for the Cardinals this year led by their high powered offense with Kurt Warner at QB and Ken Whisenhunt as the lead man at Head Coach. Kurt Warner has played with many of teams in his experience in the NFL and won a Super Bowl against the Tennesse Titans (Super Bowl XXXIV). Since then Kurt hasnt been in the spot light like he was the year he won it all with the Rams. This year though, Kurt Warner has Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, & Edgerrin James at his side leading one of the most feared Offenses in the NFL this season. Larry Fitzgerald has been their go-to guy all season with 16 starts, 96 Receptions, 1,431 Receiving Yards, 12 Touchdowns & 14.9 Yds Per Catch Avg. Believe it or not Larry Fitzgerald has had a better Post-Season than he has had in his regular season. What makes Kurt & Larry such a incredible tandem is that Kurt is one of the more accurate and experienced QB's left in the NFL today, while Larry is one of the most premiere receivers in the NFL with his acrobatic catches and his speed and agility to elude defenders. The Cardinals defense isnt one of the top defenses in the league but they have been handling the job well enough to lead the Cardinals potentially to their first ever franchise Super Bowl Trophy. The Cardinals Offense in the regular season ranked 2nd in Passing Yards Per Game Avg. and 4th for Total Offensive Yardage Per Game. The 9-7 Cardinals had to battle their way from the Wildcard proving and shocking to everyone including fans and teams around them that they deserve to be in the upcoming Super Bowl Game againt the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cardinals Offense could prove to make Pittsburghs Defense struggle because of the high powered offense Led by Kurt because the Steelers have struggled against the screen pass and deep balls in the past few years and Arizona is a team who is designed and well plays these things Pittsburgh struggles with. One of the major stories of Arizona possibly beating Pittsburgh is their Head Coach, Ken Whisenhunt. Ken Whisenhunt used to be the offensive coordinator for The Steelers for a few years including Pittsburghs win in Super Bowl XL. Many believe that Ken may just have enough insight on Pittsburghs Defense to maybe pull away with a few plays and run away with Super Bowl XLlll

Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers over the years have become one of the more Prestige Teams in the NFL. Pittsburghs win over the Ravens in the recent AFC Championship game has been the closest the've been to the Super Bowl since they won Super Bowl XL (3 years ago). Pittsburgh has only lost 1 Super Bowl out of 6 the've appeared in (this Super Bowl makes it 7). Pittsburgh led by their young talent in Ben Roethlisberger (QB) and Mike Tomlin (Head Coach) hasnt had the best year on the Offensive side of the ball until nearing the end of the season. Pittsburgh at the beginning of the season struggled with injuries and the offensive line wasnt holding up to pittsburghs potential leading Ben to get sacked 46 times (2nd highest in his career). Pittsburghs well known for having a premiere running game and a tough defense. The running game struggled as Reshard Mendenhall Pittsburghs Rookie Running Back who was supposed to be the third down back broke his shoulder and was sidelined for the remainder of the season. Not long after that one of Pittsburghs best offensive players Willie Park (starting running back) was also injured and appeared randomly throughout the season leaving the running back position to Mewelde Moore. Mewelde did a decent enough job at the running game to most likely secure a 2nd string or 3rd string job at Pittsburgh. The Steelers had one of the toughest scheduels given out since the 70's I believe and came out of it with a 12-4 record but not before they were left battered and bruised with injuries. Pittsburghs Offense has gotten better while advancing into the playoffs but offense isnt what Pittsburghs about. The Steelers thrive on Defense. Pittsburgh this regular season had the #1 defense in the NFL ranking 1st in Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game and 5th in Passing Yards Allowed Per Game. The Steelers Defense led by Defensive MVP of the Year James Harrison (Outside Linebacker) and Troy Polamalu (Strong Safety) have had one of the best years Pittsburgh has seen in a long time. The Steelers Defense may have wut it takes to stop the Caridnals high powered Offense with their different Blitz Schemes and Coverage Schemes. If Pittsburghs Defense cannot hold up to Arizona the Steelers will have to rely on Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, & Willie Parker to pick up the pieces with their offense that isnt too crazy in the statistic area but has always found a way to win with their QB Ben Roethlisberger holding the record for most wins in by a QB in their first 5 Seasons. Ben Roethlisberger's Post-Season Record is 8-2 and with him and the Steelers going to Super Bowl XLlll he has a chance to make it 9-2 and give the Steelers the record for the Franchise with the most Super Bowl trophys at 6.

My Personal Opinion On Who I Think Will Win:

I believe if Arizona can make Larry Fitzerlad & Edgerinn James their man target succesfully they will come out with the win in this ball game. Also if Arizona can throw a few suprise trick plays in the when Pittsburghs about to Blitz, with how Ken runs that offense I believe for Arizona that could decide the game as well.

Now for the Steelers. If Pittsburgh wants to win this ball game they are going to have to shut down the passing game and make Arizona focus on running the football. For them to win on the Offensive side they are going to need to establish the run game and keep Ben protected in the pocket with no turnovers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/PrescottEstateFilms
Lizard King
Elite Soul
Lizard King

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers   Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:37 am

I'm not one for football, there are way too many breaks and it takes forever.
still waiting for baseball season to come back so I can watch the Yanks kick a**.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers   Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Even though the Steelers took my team out in the second round(Chargers). I'm going for them. Their defence is beastly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
CJ
Mortal Soul
CJ

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers   Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:17 pm

all my friends are either Cleveland Brown Fans or Cincinnati Bengals fans so they are giving me a world full of trash talk right now lol but im hopin the Steelers win cause ive gotten more into this season than any other season i can remember
Back to top Go down
CJ
Mortal Soul
CJ

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers   Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:48 pm

boy i tell ya what an incredible game, that was one of the best games ive seen in quite sometime, big time props and congrats to both teams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers   Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Page 1 of 1