Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Severe Depression

Go down 
+9
AboveTheInfluence
Katie
swirl
Failure0fxFall
More_Cowbell
TopHat22
BlackWidow
Paradox
Safehaven
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello everyone for the past 2 years I have been serverely depressed, Nothing has helped and at first I thought I was just melancholy. But it hasn't gone away and its has basically destroyed my dreams and hopes I was a straight a student with really big dreams and now I'll just be happy to Graduate because I got so depressed I can't funtion well enough to go to school much anymore, I can't remember to eat, and I don't sleep long at night. Its even gotten so bad that my panic attacks have gotten worse to the point where I have, almost like, seizures I am awake but I am in my own little world so I can't see or hear you just blurs while shaking or moving involutarily (like laughing gas with spastic muscles). I am already chronicly ill on top of this depression so the added stress keeps me at home sick all day. I have gathered enough strength to tell my mom about it but shes got it worse than I do so all she can say is "well get over it I through the day just fine" which means no professional help. I'm only 17 years old and I have no clue how to get past this I honestly don't see away I don't even think medication will do any good for any of it, everyone thinks I'm crazy but I know I need help because its scary to live like this every single day not knowing if tomorrow is the day that I really lose it. I feel like no body really knows just how difficult it really is to function with depression or panic attacks. So does anyone know of anything that can help because I need my mother in order to go to a psychiatrist, because of my age, and that she will complain and shout about having to do and I don't want to add a new something to hear about everyday, so if there is anything different please tell me. thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Helpful Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Your in school, right? talk to your consolure, I think what you are doing right now ( talking about it ) is great! If your mother is going to be like that maybe you should talk to another family memmber? I'm positive somone can help you! I wish i could help ya more but i dont exactly know what has gotten you so down. Sad . Cheer up!
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 pm

i agree with the guy above speak to the counsler and other family members

and the reason of depression would be nice
dont worry we all got problems.
Back to top Go down
TopHat22
Nooblit Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:56 pm

This might sound cliche, and I'm sorry if it does, but I REALLY DO KNOW what its like to feel this way!!
Yes you need to get help. A Counslor, teacher, family member. Just be sure its someone you can [b]TRUST!!!! Like the others said, we all have problems, but for some of us its harder to deal with than others.
Just please get help!!!
I hope you Feel better soon,

TopHat22
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:58 pm

I'm in school but I'm on a homebased program through my school because of an illness and even if I was in school they always call the police and tell them that your parent won't do anything so they cite them and that wouldn't be good for me. I can't go to other family members because literally all of my family hates my mother because they don't know how to deal with her and her depression so they take it out on me and my brothers. Friends I don't really have any so I am kind of stuck in all ways.
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:02 pm

alright look then Medicine does work, i know
it may paint ur feelings in white for a while but it better than nothign
and whats ur illness?
counsler should always accept you w/e ur problems are
and trust me
having no friends is better...
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 pm

My illness technically is called Syringomyelia but since they think that it is "miracialously" going away then I just have to symptoms of it, pain pain and more pain. I know friends didn't help me they just made it alot worse. All they know how to say is " Um yeah you need to get over it already"
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:11 pm

*Edit irralvent.*

Last edited by BlackWidow on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 pm

I have some good associates but they are to busy chasing boys/girls to really care much the closest thing I have to a friend is someone that is just as depressed so I don't bother her.
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 pm

why not? lol
shes just like you
probably needs some 1 to talk to :S
Back to top Go down
More_Cowbell
Mortal Soul
More_Cowbell

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:55 am

Is there or was there an event, a set of events, a situation or set of situations that precipitated or aggrevate your depression and panic attacks or is there seemingly no cause or correlation to life circumstances?

A conscious analysis of circumstance which lead to your symptoms may be productive and will likely make you feel like you're in control again.
Back to top Go down
Failure0fxFall
Nooblit Soul
Failure0fxFall

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:11 am

I get depressed deeply sometimes. And, what i do is, i write about. Like in letters to someone i think i can talk to (like in paranoid park) or just as journal entry. Depression never really leaves anybody completely, well in my opinion anyways. You just have to manage that depression by doing something that takes focus and a lot of concentration. Being depressed isn't easy. However dealing with it can be an adventure that might benefit in the future.
Back to top Go down
swirl
Nooblit Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Depression can go away.   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 am

Well I had Major Depression for around close to 10 years I think. I'm 25 now. It went away a few months ago.
I notice I didn't get depress often when I had jobs.
I'm a person that always looked for a better future and worry a lot.
I've trained my brain not to think so much into the future, that things will work its way out. Worst comes to worst and that's the end of life. Don't take things so serious and have fun as much as you can without relying on anybody. I'm mostly to myself and don't have people to hangout with.
I'm surprise that my depression ended when I was unemployed and mostly home all day. When I do go out, I don't have issues with being depress.

On a side note, I started reading a book title: Critical Thinking Tools for Taking Charge of Your Professional and Personal Life - Richard W. Paul
I gotten this off the web Wink
This thing helps me to think positive.

I took Zoloft and it made me have mood swings. All those pills are short term help and only masks your feelings.
I also workout a lot, workingout helps you BIG TIME! I hope you do start workingout daily, there's nothing like it. Great stress reducer. If all you can do now is push ups, do then, get a chinup bar too then weights, I do it all at home and I'm pretty built and rip for a slim guy like me.

That scary feeling of depression when u know it hit , i no longer feel it anymore. kind of like trying to lift something that was always heavy, but doesn't feel the same anymore. Feels great. depression is a hell of a headache.

Eat good, because if your diet sucks, so will your depression, and I'll say, that is guarantee.
Just let me say depression is like a cut that can get worst or treated and heal naturally.
Back to top Go down
Katie
Nooblit Soul
Katie

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am

I envy people who can go through life without being depressed for a long time.. But I think most people do get depressed every now and again.. and we all have our reasons for it.. I have the tendensy to get depressed sometimes.. But then suddenly something good comes along to drag me over it and help me through.. Usually through friends who doesnt even know I'm struggling.. I feel a new depression cloud hanging over my head nowadays as my mum and I arent talking at all.. We have different views on life and it may sound like a clishe, but she doesn't understand me.. Or my needs.. When I'm depressed like this I need to visit my friends.. And many of them lives far away from me, so i'll need to spend a lot of money to get to them, and she disagrees.. And doesnt, as said before, understand my needs.. And that really makes me more depressed.. I wish she wasn't in control of my money and how I spent them.. Of course, I have my own job and make my own money, but it's not enough.. But what she and my dad has saved up for me is way more than I need to visit all of my friends.. But I can't use it, as I respect the fact that my mother doesn't want me to.. But this also makes me depressed.. I sleep way too much and don't spend time with my family at all.. It's hard, but I really don't know what else to do.. I'm hoping something positive will happen to drag me over this aswell.. But my best friend through 5 years has just gotten a baby, so I really don't want to dump all my problems on her anymore as she has enough with the little one.. I'm just afraid that this time I might get really depressed and really hit the bottom of the ocean.. So I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what else to do? I have other issues too, not just with my mother.. But I've been ranting for too long now.. Guess I just needed to spill my guts.. Anyway.. I'll stop here..
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:49 pm

I felt like I use to be in a state of depression.

Always felt down.. Nothing really made me happy. Cried from time to time, I wrote alot about it.
The thing that helped me the most was my hobby of gaming, but then after I did that for awhile I started having a horrible diet.
Felt worse then I did before because when I played games all the time I felt alone and trapped at the house.
So.. the only thing that was truly healthy and helped alot was talking to other people being really really social.
Friends that you have know for awhile help alot too. They keep your mind off it when your with them.

well.. girls can help too.. You just cant be shy. I flirted alot with some of my closer girls that where friend's.
Now I found someone that has made me feel really good about myself.
She has put my depression down to nothing..
Haven't felt as bad as the beginning in about a month..
ever since I met her.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:51 pm

All I can say is to keep your head up and live life to the fullest.
Back to top Go down
postaljives
Nooblit Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Chicken Noodle Soup is always the answer to your sorrows!
Back to top Go down
kingoftech
Nooblit Soul

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 am

man i used to be depressed and still am. my parents sent me to a counsler but i felt even more depressed because i was even more different from everyone else ath my school. i was still in elementry school and my parents had me in special ed when i wasnt that far ahead or behind to warrent that kind of seperation from the rest of my class and friends. i found the one way to get rid of my parents sending me to counsling was to diguise what i was feeling and now i have trouble talking to people and am still depressed and feel like im wearing some sort of mask to hide what im feeling its horrible and i will probly have to deal with it for the rest of my life. dont cover up what you are feeling. it sucks being different because your depressed but its better than the alternitive. i keep most of my friends at arms distance so they dont know what is happening it sucks and i ahve to deal with it and i will day by day.

im not fixing my spelling i have enough to deal with.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:49 am

postaljives i hope you where just trying to be funny.
cause you do know that comfort eating is one of the biggest issues in obesity?
and also. food is never the answer unless its hunger related.
and depression is not something to joke about.
it can destroy your mind and body.
yes you can die from for example a broken heart.
its know as broken heart syndrome and is quite serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Severe Depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Depression   Severe Depression Empty

Back to top Go down

Severe Depression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues :: Anxiety/Depression-
Jump to: