Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yet Another Anime Thread...

Go down 
+4
Tcorb18
DtoX
martinezaj25
Avernious
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:36 am

i answered that two posts ago.
i said of course its still anime cause its a specific way of drawing etc.
but it doesnt feel the same in english.
like i said earlier. to me its like remaking terminator with toby macguire instead of arnold.
toby may have bin able to do a fantastic job and bring the same amount of energy to the role of terminator.
BUT it would still feel entirely different cause arnold is a huuuuge bitch. and toby is a small skinny thing.
he doesnt have the same powerfull voice or body.
and thats what anime in english is to me.
the story remains the same.
the character story and face etc remains the same.
but the life of the character is completely changed cause he doesnt have that energy a japanese voice actor gives.
its entirely different.
and as for read.
i dont like manga. i dont read them cause i dont get that kick from it like i do from seeing ichigo(to take an example) uses getsuga tensho to tear an espada to shreds.
cause i dont get that energy from the characters that i like.
and if you learn to adapt to the subs you learn to read while still staring at the center of the screen.
i want to learn japanese but i get bored fast with learning tapes and the closest place i could study japanese is in the UK.
and as for the pointlessness of this you are entirely right. it is.
but you seem to think that i dont see your point in all of this.
witch i very much do. but just like you disagree with me i disagree with you.
and btw its not a race thing.
its a language thing.
you can not bring the same kind of energy into english as you can in japanese.
cause its two entirely different languages and they have entirely different ways of being spoken.
but that pretty much goes for anything.
i only know one movie i prefer not in its original language.
and thats ice age. i want it in norwegian.
i still like that movie in english but to me the characters are just better in norwegian.
so im pretty sure ill come across animes id like to see in english instead of japanese.
but there gonna be few cause the original language of any TV series or movie is 99 out of 100times the best
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 am

DtoX wrote:
i answered that two posts ago.
i said of course its still anime cause its a specific way of drawing etc.
but it doesnt feel the same in english.
like i said earlier. to me its like remaking terminator with toby macguire instead of arnold.
toby may have bin able to do a fantastic job and bring the same amount of energy to the role of terminator.
BUT it would still feel entirely different cause arnold is a huuuuge bitch. and toby is a small skinny thing.
he doesnt have the same powerfull voice or body.
and thats what anime in english is to me.
the story remains the same.
the character story and face etc remains the same.
but the life of the character is completely changed cause he doesnt have that energy a japanese voice actor gives.
its entirely different.
and as for read.
i dont like manga. i dont read them cause i dont get that kick from it like i do from seeing ichigo(to take an example) uses getsuga tensho to tear an espada to shreds.
cause i dont get that energy from the characters that i like.
and if you learn to adapt to the subs you learn to read while still staring at the center of the screen.
i want to learn japanese but i get bored fast with learning tapes and the closest place i could study japanese is in the UK.
and as for the pointlessness of this you are entirely right. it is.
but you seem to think that i dont see your point in all of this.
witch i very much do. but just like you disagree with me i disagree with you.
and btw its not a race thing.
its a language thing.
you can not bring the same kind of energy into english as you can in japanese.
cause its two entirely different languages and they have entirely different ways of being spoken.
but that pretty much goes for anything.
i only know one movie i prefer not in its original language.
and thats ice age. i want it in norwegian.
i still like that movie in english but to me the characters are just better in norwegian.
so im pretty sure ill come across animes id like to see in english instead of japanese.
but there gonna be few cause the original language of any TV series or movie is 99 out of 100times the best

Cool thats all I wanted to know. You never gave me any hint you were seeing where I was coming from. However energy isn't what you're thinking of. Syllables yes. Because in Japanese every two to three letters is a syllable. I'll agree that speech pattern is more frantic. However energy is portrayed in the voice. Not in the pattern of speech. (4 years of Drama Razz ) Its the tone you take. The effort you put into it.

Also Its not to say that Toby Maguire wouldn't be a good Terminator, its just that people have to get around what they're use to and learn to accept the new... Believe me I heard so many people complain about Twilight its not funny.

Glad to know you see my point of view. Just so you know I totally respect your opinion. Only reason I bothered with this debate was just to see if you were open minded about the other way around. Razz Thats all I wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:06 pm

well its still energy im talking about cause i feel the japanese put more power into it.
but again thats my opinion.
as long as yur happy with your anime and i dont have to watch it with you(Razz) were all good:P
and as for open mindedness thats pretty much my thing.
im set in my ways and rarely change them but everythings worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 pm

DtoX wrote:
well its still energy im talking about cause i feel the japanese put more power into it.
but again thats my opinion.
as long as yur happy with your anime and i dont have to watch it with you(Razz) were all good:P
and as for open mindedness thats pretty much my thing.
im set in my ways and rarely change them but everythings worth a shot.

Agreed. Well.. It looks as we Agreed to disagree Cool ... Always wanted to say that... Kinda....

Oh no worries. As long as you don't make me watch/ read we'll be fine. Razz
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:33 pm

hehe.
no problems there!
oh btw i love that you use a zelda pic as avatar:P
but you could have chosen one from one of the better ones:P
never really liked majoras mask.
and none of the cellshade chibi crap!(you have to at least agree on the cellshade part!)
and im getting a tattoo from zelda on my lower back.
the eagle thingy in the back of your avatar pic actually
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:34 pm

DtoX wrote:
hehe.
no problems there!
oh btw i love that you use a zelda pic as avatar:P
but you could have chosen one from one of the better ones:P
never really liked majoras mask.
and none of the cellshade chibi crap!(you have to at least agree on the cellshade part!)
and im getting a tattoo from zelda on my lower back.
the eagle thingy in the back of your avatar pic actually

Sorry can't agree. I love Zelda! The shifty eyed Link WAS SO CUTE!!! I love you

You're thinking of the Hylian Crest I'm also going to get that tattooed somewhere... I'm thinking my shoulder blade. Also thats not it in my image. Thats Skull Kids hat. Razz

I like Majora's Mask it was so challenging, because I hate being timed. I'm a freak when it comes to being challenged. I love difficulty! Though I get really REALLY mad and say words things that mothers shouldn't hear. I still enjoy every minute.

Aslo... ZANGIEF WOOO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 am

i know thats one of the masks but it looked like the chest was behind it.
but when i was writing last night i was beyond sleepy so i couldnt even remember the words hylian crest.
OMG! YOU CANT LIKE THE THOES GAMES!
ITS NOT EVEN ZELDA FFS!><
i can accept the fact that you like majoras mask cause thats at least a zelda game.
but come on! the cellshades blow!
is zelda even in them?!
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:04 am

DtoX wrote:
i know thats one of the masks but it looked like the chest was behind it.
but when i was writing last night i was beyond sleepy so i couldnt even remember the words hylian crest.
OMG! YOU CANT LIKE THE THOES GAMES!
ITS NOT EVEN ZELDA FFS!><
i can accept the fact that you like majoras mask cause thats at least a zelda game.
but come on! the cellshades blow!
is zelda even in them?!

Yeah she is. Wind Waker is actually really important to the story. Graphics aren't really important, to me. I'm a style guy. That game had style. I enjoy celshaded games. Mainly Suda 51 games. The fact of the matter is if it is... or isn't celshaded won't matter, just as long as its Zelda. I'll play it. Wink
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 am

i didnt like windwaker at all.
link didnt look like link.
and the game in general wasnt that fun really.
and i love celshade. it gives you the cartooon effect but thats not suited for the zelda games.
but games like bleach naruto or XIII is perfect with it.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 am

What is Anime
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:34 am

to put it as simple and dumbed down as possible. japanese cartoons.
but theres a lot more to it then that.
to take an example of an anime that everyone knows. pokemon is an anime.
and i really dont want to go into to many details mostly cause i dont know them all and also i could write on for quite a while if i did.
so lets just hope someone else will. hehe
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

DtoX wrote:
i didnt like windwaker at all.
link didnt look like link.
and the game in general wasnt that fun really.
and i love celshade. it gives you the cartooon effect but thats not suited for the zelda games.
but games like bleach naruto or XIII is perfect with it.

Guess it boils down to opinion I guess. I'm a Zelda fan its my favorite series. Not to say I won't judge them as any other game. However I've played Zelda games my entire life. I was raised with Link and Zelda.

I've got to say if its got a green tunic, hat included, blondish hair, and is mute-ish. Its probably Link. No matter what erm... Form he takes. Then again there's the various other Links... Deku, Zora, Goron, and Wolf Link.... Oh and how can I forget! FIERCE DEITY LINK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:39 pm

i grew up with link and zelda as well.
and thats why i cant stand the celshades cause they have poor story poor game play and a poor excuse for a link.
i feel there not good enough compared to the others.
they dont live up to the quality of the legend of zelda game series.
to me their like the unwanted twin to speak in a rather cruel manner
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:12 pm

DtoX wrote:
i grew up with link and zelda as well.
and thats why i cant stand the celshades cause they have poor story poor game play and a poor excuse for a link.
i feel there not good enough compared to the others.
they dont live up to the quality of the legend of zelda game series.
to me their like the unwanted twin to speak in a rather cruel manner

Wait before I rant... lol Have you beaten the Wind Waker? Because you can't really talk about the story if you haven't. Its all opinion, and there is not such thing as a wrong opinion, but the opinion won't be as potent if all the information is in line. Ya feel me?

I'd like to add that the Wind Waker is very crucial to the LoZ Story line, and that most people just dislike it because of the graphics. If you played any Ocarina on the Game Cube then you shouldn't complain about the controls... seeing as how They're the same... Otherwise I don't see how gameplay is effected. Other than the overall tediousness of sailing. Which wasn't bad. Gave ya enough time to make a samich Wink .

All in all I'm not trying to change your point of view of the game. I'm merely saying is don't be hatin if ya don't know what ya hatin? lol
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 am

have you ever read a book?
how many pages of a book do you have to read to know you dont like the story?
(and btw i never played on OoT on the gamecube. didnt play majoras mask on it either.
i played them on the original platform. nintendo 64.)
i did not enjoy windwaker. cause i didnt like the story evolved and i didnt even like the various items you got to use.
it really bothered me that you used a waving stick to make music. its bin an ocarina ever sense the SNES.
and the sailing was cool for about 20mins then it got booooooooooorrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggg.
and why would i have to complete the game to hate it?
i know alot of games i hate witch i was never close to completing.
cause they didnt seem to have a good story boring gameplay and boring graphics.
and you know you feel the same about a lot of games.
but as for the trash about majoras mask.
if i got to play it today i might enjoy it more cause when majoras came i was still a kid.
so the challenge with the game just became an annoying thing.
and also i did not play that game to much.
i never got it cause a friend has it. he only complained about it.
i did borrow it from him for a few days but i just got bored.
but then again that was.... about 8-10 years ago or so(not a solid answer cause im tired and really unsure).
so ive changed a fair bit.
and well for a kid with ADHD that kind of challenge was not something id like cause id get to restless
Back to top Go down
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:16 am

Currently watching macross frontier, i have watched amcross zero and i liked it, downloaded 7 eps so far
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

DtoX wrote:
have you ever read a book?
how many pages of a book do you have to read to know you dont like the story?
(and btw i never played on OoT on the gamecube. didnt play majoras mask on it either.
i played them on the original platform. nintendo 64.)
i did not enjoy windwaker. cause i didnt like the story evolved and i didnt even like the various items you got to use.
it really bothered me that you used a waving stick to make music. its bin an ocarina ever sense the SNES.
and the sailing was cool for about 20mins then it got booooooooooorrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggg.
and why would i have to complete the game to hate it?
i know alot of games i hate witch i was never close to completing.
cause they didnt seem to have a good story boring gameplay and boring graphics.
and you know you feel the same about a lot of games.
but as for the trash about majoras mask.
if i got to play it today i might enjoy it more cause when majoras came i was still a kid.
so the challenge with the game just became an annoying thing.
and also i did not play that game to much.
i never got it cause a friend has it. he only complained about it.
i did borrow it from him for a few days but i just got bored.
but then again that was.... about 8-10 years ago or so(not a solid answer cause im tired and really unsure).
so ive changed a fair bit.
and well for a kid with ADHD that kind of challenge was not something id like cause id get to restless

No I agree. I dislike a lot of games I never completed. Thats why I never completed them. However I stated about the story. I've never beat Gears of War I don't like the gameplay. I never talk about the story because I never finished it. However you mentioned the story of Wind Waker yet you've never beat it. That's kinda what I was saying. You can voice your opinion. However if you don't know what your saying people won't listen.

As far as the book thing. If I buy something .. I'll get through it just so I can review it throughly. Any game I've never completed was because the game didn't belong to me, like Gears of War. It was my friends game and he took it back. The reason I didn't like it was the online matches were tough to get into, and once we got in we got kicked out a lot. SOOO INFURIATING! This isn't to say I wouldn't have played through the game once. I totally would have. Yet thats just me. I like to give everything a try, because I never know I might be surprised.

I respect your right to dislike games. We all have our own opinion and all (as we've frequently established Razz ). I'm not trying to defend the game either. I was just curious weather or not you were disliking the game because of graphics. Which in my opinion is a poor excuse. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:31 pm

like i said. i am able to tell if a story is going to be good( from my perspective of good) before i complete it.
ive started reading books but stopped half way cause it wasnt fun to read.
some games i quickly discard cause i dont like how the story is going and the gameplay isnt fun.
graphics is not an issue for me really. as long as we are talking quality.
my fav game of all time is FFVII. poor graphics. but fantastic designs for characters and monsters.
and i didnt like how link looked or any other character in the windwaker and other celshade games.
thats why i dont like the graphics. the quality of it has nothing to do with anything.
sonic the hedgehog games ( not the new ones, they are fun but they dont feel the same. sonic is a 2D scroller and should have bin left a 2D scroller) are some of the best games ive ever played. i love them. and thats no super high tech graphics game. hell you can download the entire game and it takes up less than 100kb.
so i didnt complain on the quality. i complained on the design and style of the graphics.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 pm

DtoX wrote:
like i said. i am able to tell if a story is going to be good( from my perspective of good) before i complete it.
ive started reading books but stopped half way cause it wasnt fun to read.
some games i quickly discard cause i dont like how the story is going and the gameplay isnt fun.
graphics is not an issue for me really. as long as we are talking quality.
my fav game of all time is FFVII. poor graphics. but fantastic designs for characters and monsters.
and i didnt like how link looked or any other character in the windwaker and other celshade games.
thats why i dont like the graphics. the quality of it has nothing to do with anything.
sonic the hedgehog games ( not the new ones, they are fun but they dont feel the same. sonic is a 2D scroller and should have bin left a 2D scroller) are some of the best games ive ever played. i love them. and thats no super high tech graphics game. hell you can download the entire game and it takes up less than 100kb.
so i didnt complain on the quality. i complained on the design and style of the graphics.

Graphics is in gaming commonly referred to as anything visual.

I love old school games. Glad to know you aren't complaining about quality, Nintendo always delievers on some quality.. ( not third party developers partnered with Nintendo.. Some do some don't ).

We're way off topic in this thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
martinezaj25
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:14 pm

So there is this girl...Yah this topic is way of topic lol.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:56 pm

martinezaj25 wrote:
So there is this girl...Yah this topic is way of topic lol.

Agreed. Mad
Back to top Go down
Kurten
Mortal Soul
Kurten

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 am

Well talk about anime then to make topic go on topic again. Anyone seen the macross series?
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:38 am

well considering we where talking mostly about the cellshade zelda games, we never left the topic that much.
cause all its characters are chibi based. and that is a form of anime.
so technically we never really wnet off topic:O
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Kurten wrote:
Well talk about anime then to make topic go on topic again. Anyone seen the macross series?

I'm not sure. Its a Mech Anime correct? I love Code Geass. Its pretty cool. Yet my favorite Mech Anime will always be Mobile Suit Gundam though. The very first one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Anime Thread...   Yet Another Anime Thread... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Anime Thread...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2