Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

im a cutter

Go down 
+4
DtoX
thelovedoctor
Rey
slimcrazy27
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
slimcrazy27
Helpful Soul
slimcrazy27

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:02 pm

ive been a vutter for about half a year and i cant stop,
Back to top Go down
http://www.allradioweb.net
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 pm

What's a cutter? you cut your wrist?
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
slimcrazy27
Helpful Soul
slimcrazy27

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:08 pm

yes..
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 pm

May I know what you usually listen to?
Back to top Go down
slimcrazy27
Helpful Soul
slimcrazy27

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

bloodsimple
metallica
dimmu borgir
the used
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:20 pm

I never cut myself so I'm not exactly sure how to help, but I heard listening to something like Pantera and Slayer while it's quiet and you're alone can help control it.
Back to top Go down
slimcrazy27
Helpful Soul
slimcrazy27

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:29 pm

i listen 2 both of those bands and they dont help. thanx anyway rey.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:45 pm

I don't really know what to say besides stop. i mean, i say that to every addict but this is a little different.

What do you like about it?
What are the reasons you do it? If its just out of Habit now what did you do it before for.

My sister used to do but i never knew why?
Back to top Go down
slimcrazy27
Helpful Soul
slimcrazy27

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 pm

i started bc of an ex
now i do for the smallest reasons

when something bad happens i just think, im bout to slice my fucking arm open
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:10 pm

So... do you like the feel of it, or is it something that helps you get over whatever you want to forget
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:11 pm

music has nothing to do with cutting. it doesnt matter if your listening to slayer-raining blood or britney spears- oops i did it again.
this may sound rude but if you are totally experienced with cutters you should not write in this thread.
ive never cut my self but i have two ex girlfriends that did and several friends that did and still does it so i have a little experience around it. that does not mean im right and that i can help but this is something you need to have either done your self or at least dealt with it first hand several times.
but actually what i said about music is not completely true. cause it matters to some.
but thing that is essential to be able to help a cutter is to understand why they hurt them selves.
i dont just mean know why they do it but really understand.
they cut them selves cause the physical pain is better than the psychological pain even if they only relief for a few seconds or minutes.
but over to the important part.
helping.
when you are about to hurt your self, ask your self this question. what would the ones that love me feel when i do this?
cause no matter how much pain you are in mentally. it hurts the ones that care about you more.
i have spent so many sleepless nights crying out of fear that the next cut one of my dear friends made would be the main artery in their arm. i still have trouble sleeping when i know one of them is depressed cause i dont know what they will do. and the pain i feel when i see their scares and their wounds is beyond any pain ive ever felt.
ive bin through alot of crap and bin on the brink of suicide multiple times. but it cant even compare to the pain of seeing what my loved ones do to them selves.
there is also an other question you should ask yourself. what good does it really do? all you get from it is permanent scares that will haunt you with memories of pain forever.
i am going to have hard time sleeping tonight cause i know that you could be hurting yourself.
i dont know you and i dont have to. i still care that much. it pains me that you have to hurt your self.
even tho i doubt youll feel bad about it i still want so that you shouldnt feel bad about it.
but do your self a favour. please. please stop cutting yourself. or you will hate yourself forever.
i hope you find a healthy way to deal with your problems.
and if you cant do it on your own i and a lot of others are more than willing to try and help you
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Dtox, who is to say that the people in this thread don't know what they are talking about.

whether you know one person that does it, or 20, it doesn't matter, you still know what they are going through and it affects you the same way no matter how many people you know are doing it.

Like i said before, i have a sister that did it and i felt the same way as you. i knew i couldn't do anything because that is just the way she was, but i prayed that she just didn't hit the main vein.

She stopped (i think) because she realized it wasn't helping he in anyway that would be affective. I think it is also just a phase.

I was just trying to understand it from his perspective because everybody is different, but of course you knew that already right Dtox
Back to top Go down
Devoured Death
Mortal Soul
Devoured Death

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Stop.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:08 am

my post was not directed at you love doc. you posted a reply while i was writing mine.
and the reason i dont "want" ppl that doesnt have experience around cutters in this thread is that its easy to make it worse.
i know that i had no idea of what to do. but ive learned a little cause ive had so many talk to me about it and seen it first hand.
but of course that still doesnt mean that im right and that i know all the answers. everyone is different so what helps some can hurt someone else.
Back to top Go down
ClinchFree
Nooblit Soul
ClinchFree

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:17 pm

I have heard cutting releases adrenaline, and can be subconscious motivating factor. I can't easily say why some feel the need for that additional adrenaline in times of depression or anxiety, but adrenaline can act like an addictive substance. I don't know how helpful this will be helpful, but it may be a good idea to substitute cutting with something else that gets your adrenaline flowing, like a slight workout. Do this swap and see if you feel any better than you did before doing something to give you some adrenaline.

As a side effect, something like exercise can help you unravel your clouded emotions and help you understand what you're feeling at present. In that, you can start to understand start to gain a better understanding yourself and your surroundings.

I hope this helps you well.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:38 pm

of course cutting releases adrenaline.
when you get hurt adrenaline starts to flow. it acts like a tranquilizer.
thats basic human biology.
but cutting has nothing to do with adrenaline.
well some do it for the rush but then its not caused by an emotional problem.
the reason for cutting can be put into one single sentence.
the physical pain is better than the psychological pain.
but that doesnt mean working out is bad.
especially if you train something like boxing cause last time i checked beating the crap out of someone or something gives you sweet sweet relief.
thats why me and a friend used to beat the crap out of each other every now and then.
we got a work out we got out aggression and other emotions.
Back to top Go down
slimcrazy27
Helpful Soul
slimcrazy27

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:57 pm

i cut 68 times 2day.....
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 pm

ugh doode, what the f.uck is wrong with you

just stop it. Your not helping anybody, but you are hurting a lot.

Just F ing stop, that is just bad. Nobody likes it. You even don't like it. But God knows why you do it.
Back to top Go down
darko12321
Strong Soul
darko12321

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:52 am

I know this dosnt have anything to do with cutting but all this talk about adrenaline. I just wanted to ask i know no1 here is a pro at all the info on things but i have a problem with the need of an adrenaline rush, I found a way of helping my self with that and thats skateboarding but is it normal to seek for the adrenaline rush? I mean i have done some really dumb things that could have broken my neck just so i could get the adrenaline rush....ok now on the cutting thing i have a friend who cuts him self coz of family problems so i was thinking you could have a talk to him about it coz he knows what its like you neve rknow it could help. If you do want to talk to him just msg me and ill give you his msn or what ever he is ok with it. hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:58 am

lovedoc. dont go ballistic like that.
yelling at someone for cutting does not help the slightest bit.
but it does tend to make it a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:36 pm

well babying him is not working either.

Its not like I am trying to find different ways to piss him off/help him. I just want him to know how pissed it makes people that don't even know him (like me). I don't like to see anybody get hurt and i just want him to see how upset people get when they hear/read things like this.

I couldn't imagine how devastated his parents/ siblings/ friends would be if they knew he cutt, or how aweful it would be if he died.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:22 am

who the hell said anything about babying him?
its fucking possible to tell someone how much something they do piss them off.
and if you get pissed off by a cutter your feeling the wrong emotion man.
anger makes it worse. and thats what no one fucking understands.
you scream at them for it they get more depressed and cut them selves more.
so your really just pissing your self of by doing something stupid.
no im not calling you stupid. im saying screaming at someone for cutting is stupid.
it doesnt help and it never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever etc will.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Ok then Dr.Phil
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:46 pm

you really got to do something about that attitude man.
im just trying to not make matters worse from someone who is already in hell.
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm a cutter and probably always will be, all I can tell you is it isn't going to be easy to stop. I had no choice but to stop my mom was going to commit me into a mental hospital if I didn't so I had to fight alone but you should have to. If you have someone reliable that you trust to help you then tell them. I know how that can get though so if you don't want to get anyone involved thats alright but eventually I promise you someone will find out and it most likely will get messy. See your going to end up either hitting a vein and going to the hospital, or your going to have permanent damage done to your arms where you can't write or use you hands properly. I didn't really care at the time what happened if I died hey great, if I lived...crap. Mine started over a rape then like you any little thing would set me off I would cut if someone looked at me weird it was my way of escape, being different, and punishing myself. I had to find something to live for something that was worth giving my all to, for me that was my belief in God, for you it could be a relative, friend, or do it for yourself. But your going to have to find it which is going to be extremely difficult and it doesn't just end you fight for the rest of your life, I started when I was 13 and even now I'm 18 and when I broke up with my first and last boyfriend a couple of weeks ago I rocked with a knife in my hand for hours. It will also take strength not to pick up another addiction in the process of trying to be free of this one, you can do it, some need help to do it but if your like me I didn't trust anyone not even family so I had to move on by my own independance and faith in God. If you need help or anything you don't know me so theres no way I can go tell anyone you know about anything you say, just send me a message or email me at callmeservant@yahoo.com.
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

im a cutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: im a cutter   im a cutter Empty

Back to top Go down

im a cutter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Life Issues :: Anxiety/Depression-
Jump to: