Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?

Go down 
+5
Psoewish
faramir545
EnoughSaid
Rey
CJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Mortal Soul
CJ

FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? Empty
PostSubject: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Anymore it seems FPS are becoming better for online play and things are starting to turn around but i dont see too many unique things being brought to FPS. Campaign is my main reason for this thread, it seems anymore you just run and gun which can be fun but i think some of these games can definatly become alot better with longer campaings and good storylines that really get you to want to not turn your system off because your so drawn to it. Ialso like little side activities like you have to disarm something or you have to build or take apart poo and whatnot instead of just holding a button and waiting on a meter. Metal Gear Solid 4 had some of these things and i thought it was a fantastic games and i believe new games coming out FPS or not should base some of its developing from this game because MGS did a fantastic job. whats your guys opinion
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/PrescottEstateFilms
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:09 pm

That's why Counter-Strike is still considered one of the best and is still played competitively till this day.

FPS was one of my favourite genres for about a year, but the lack of something new to the tabel, lack of something that actually keeps you busy and lack of intelligent people to play with online made me sick of FPSs.

The dying Fighting game genre (which is my favourite genre of all time) was able to offer better things, a bigger competitive scene and people who actually respect each other. Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat vs DC brought that Arcade passion we fans had for each other to online gaming.

But that's not the case now.. I'll admit though, TF2 offered something new, and that's classes. But again, it gets boring fast.. I love a game to keep my fingers busy, and FPSs don't offer that anymore..
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 5:02 pm

FPS games are awesome! But they get old really fast
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:54 pm

What i dont like about fps are that you buy one and its really good, but a few weeks later another fps comes out and it also looks good. Its happend to me with COD WaW and Killzone 2. I got COD WaW on december and then when february comes killzone 2 comes out and i get. Well i also get too much games but i didnt even get my 2nd Prestige on COD. And now im not even playing any of them, im playing skate 2 the most. But whats sucks about fps is that one comes out but another one comes out and you didnt have enough time to enjoy the first one to the max. Well this only happens if your impatient and cant wait to get the newer game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 7:17 pm

I hate most FPS games because I'm mainly a campaign person (either single player or co-op, doesn't really matter), but there are very few games that have a nice story that make me play the game.

Half Life 2 and the episodes after it were awesome because it has a brilliant story attached to it along with a unique concept (the gravity gun). Another good example is Bioshock (though I only played it for about 30min at a mate's house)

And then you have the generic games that either take place in a completely milked out story concept *cough* WWII *cough* or are just plain run and shoot without anything to make you come back for more.

Now I'm pretty sure this is all not as relevant in the multiplayer scene, but as mentioned before, I'm not really a competitive person. I love to just get drawn into the story of a game and have fun like that.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:56 am

FPS are repetitive. They get old very quickly. However, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, not only FPS games are repetitive. Now hear me out. Think about some of the generic adventures we purchase. Pretty much anything with a gun is the same as any other thing with a gun... and before you start not all games are alike.

Games are just repeating themselves not truly offering anything new. Think Guitar Hero/Rockband.... Pretty much the same game. Yet how many people purchased both World Tour and a Rock Band title? AND STILL PAY FOR DLC!...

Speaking of DLC and Semi Generic adventures... The idea of Prince of Persia's epilogue... PISSES ME OFF!
If you're talking DLC as soon as the game comes out... OR worse yet release DLC on the Release date... Its like saying "Hey... Here is a slightly incomplete game that we want you to pay more for so you can complete it". I know Prince of Persia didn't do that but some games do. Granted they're just stupid stuff like alternative costumes and junk. Then worse yet they release these things and just stop after a few months.... As if they don't care anymore... WHY DO WE PUT OURSELVES THROUGH THIS?!?!

Wow... Went off topic... In conclusion. Gaming is repetitive for the most part. The key is finding games that make it to were you don't notice. Hope you catch my drift. Until next time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:55 pm

To me,FPS is still one of my favorite genre's because to me they usually have good online play(Halo 3,Killzone 2,Call of Duty 4,World at War,Rainbow Six V2,Resistance,etc.)

However,after a while they can get repetitive if you play nothing but FPS.
Back to top Go down
FrennyFingas
Mortal Soul
FrennyFingas

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 5:41 pm

i agree that fps are becoming too repetive, thats why im taking a break from them and started playing alot of sandbox games
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:29 pm

i could never really get into FPS games i just found it hard to aim but when i got metroid prrime 3 for the wii and rented red steal the changed(well i still dislike FPS games but not on the wii since i have btter aiming)
im more into the racing,adventure,RPG kind of games
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?   FPS Becoming Too Repetative ? Empty

Back to top Go down

FPS Becoming Too Repetative ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Gaming-
Jump to: