Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should i get Street Fighter IV?

Go down 
+6
Psoewish
KidSyndrome101
EnoughSaid
Rey
Avernious
GabbiJay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GabbiJay
Mortal Soul
GabbiJay

Should i get Street Fighter IV? Empty
PostSubject: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:49 pm

hey i was wondering about Street Fighter.. it's getting lots of great reviews and i'd like to know some more stuff about it.
1. can you upgrade you characters and make them better?
2. are there any rewards for the multiplayer modes?
3. does this game have a good replay value?
any information is much appreciated Very Happy

sorry if any of you find these kinds of posts annoying but i think we really should be careful on what games we're buying here, the economy is f**ked up.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:14 pm

GabbiJay wrote:
hey i was wondering about Street Fighter.. it's getting lots of great reviews and i'd like to know some more stuff about it.

sorry if any of you find these kinds of posts annoying but i think we really should be careful on what games we're buying here, the economy is f**ked up.

1. No Street fighter is based on Skill. What a character has is what a Character has. No stronger, no weaker. Its not Soul Calibur. This game is all skill.
2. Rewards. There are Achievements and Trophies. Plus the satisfaction of knowing a high rank...
3. Replay value all depends on what you like. If you can see yourself going through trying to unlock each trophy or work ruthlessly to rank up. Then yes. Other than that... Its just a fighting game which allows you to test your skills against others via an internet connection.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
GabbiJay
Mortal Soul
GabbiJay

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Avernious wrote:
GabbiJay wrote:

1. No Street fighter is based on Skill. What a character has is what a Character has. No stronger, no weaker. Its not Soul Calibur. This game is all skill.
2. Rewards. There are Achievements and Trophies. Plus the satisfaction of knowing a high rank...
3. Replay value all depends on what you like. If you can see yourself going through trying to unlock each trophy or work ruthlessly to rank up. Then yes. Other than that... Its just a fighting game which allows you to test your skills against others via an internet connection.

Hope this helps.

thanks man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm

GabbiJay wrote:
Avernious wrote:
GabbiJay wrote:

Hope this helps.

thanks man Very Happy

No problem. Always good to help a fellow gamer.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:12 am

If you enjoy 2D fighters and fighting games that depend on skill rather than button mashing, then get it.

If not, don't ever buy a Street Fighter game or any fighting game by Capcom and SNK. :/
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
GabbiJay
Mortal Soul
GabbiJay

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am

Rey wrote:
If you enjoy 2D fighters and fighting games that depend on skill rather than button mashing, then get it.

If not, don't ever buy a Street Fighter game or any fighting game by Capcom and SNK. :/

i really like fighting games. i basically grew up on fighting games like Tekken and more, but i've never tried Street Fighter and the only thing i'm looking for is a fighting game that will last well and that i could play it for a long time without getting sick of it, and i just hope to god that this game is not as horrible as Soulcalibur IV is
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:39 am

I thought Soul Calibur IV was actually very good.

Street Fighter IV is currently the best game available next to Resident Evil 5, in my opinion. (Both by Capcom, surprise surprise)

If you enjoy playing fighting games competitively, SFIV is the way to go. Either that, or wait till April for King of Fighters XII.
Back to top Go down
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:48 am

Definately ger SFIV
Back to top Go down
GabbiJay
Mortal Soul
GabbiJay

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Rey wrote:

Street Fighter IV is currently the best game available next to Resident Evil 5, in my opinion. (Both by Capcom, surprise surprise)

If you enjoy playing fighting games competitively, SFIV is the way to go. Either that, or wait till April for King of Fighters XII.

thank you Rey, and yeah i'm getting both games for sure now that you guys have convinced me. thanks a lot everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Rey wrote:

By available you mean current release. I can still get some pretty sweet old games. Razz (I'm just funnin)

I also enjoyed Soul Calibur 4. Street Fighter 4 is MUCH better however. At least Capcom is still doing stuff for Street Fighter 4 (DLC wise). Namco isn't even trying... No

Also I love Resident Evil 5, but thats because I'm big on games I can spend hours trying to do EVERYTHING in... Like Trophies, Gun upgrades and what not. Which makes Me liking Street Fighter 4 confusing. Other than completing all the challenge and Trophies there isn't anything else to do. Just something about me wanting to test my skill against others.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Street Fighter IV has great competitive gameplay, great characters that function in different ways and it's just beautiful to look at. I will always prefer Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, but Street Fighter IV is still a great game. I'd be shocked if you DIDN'T like it.

That's coming from someone who plays 3rd Strike competitively.. most competitive 3rd Strike players see SFIV as child's play.
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I hate the king of fighter's Series.......Just not very fun.
Street fighter is always RAW as long as you have a main dude. mine's SAKURA! Razz
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:17 pm

KidSyndrome101 wrote:
Street fighter is always RAW as long as you have a main dude. mine's SAKURA! Razz
Chun Li is awesome, though I haven't played most of these new characters (haven't really played a SF game after 2, except for some SF3 at a m8's house for like 10 minutes, where I was Chun Li :p)

Are there any more agile characters that aren't Vega? (I HATE Vega lol)
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:02 am

Rey wrote:
Street Fighter IV has great competitive gameplay, great characters that function in different ways and it's just beautiful to look at. I will always prefer Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, but Street Fighter IV is still a great game. I'd be shocked if you DIDN'T like it.

That's coming from someone who plays 3rd Strike competitively.. most competitive 3rd Strike players see SFIV as child's play.

I've never played it. 3rd Strike that is. Isn't that the one with all the parrying and such. If so then all I've gotta say is. I think Less is more. That's right. STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO!!!! That game is still played competitively. Its been remade so many times. I love ST2. I think it'd be awesome to play with one of the Pros one day. Even though its a given you'd most likely lose.
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Psoewish wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:
Chun Li is awesome, though I haven't played most of these new characters (haven't really played a SF game after 2, except for some SF3 at a m8's house for like 10 minutes, where I was Chun Li :p)

Vega.....Oh god the Nightmare's.....Such speed!
Chun-li is fun, I love her ultra in S.F IV, also her man hand's :B
But If you play any online Street fighter game(HDRemix or IV) your just gonna stumble on Guoken, AKUMA, ken and Ryo whore's...
I used to Main ken BUT i broke away from the pack as soon i realized this. so now i found the Perfectness that is SAKURA Very Happy
Also if you love Agile player's You have to see "El Fuerte" or "Rufos" There two really fast basterd's XD
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Avernious wrote:
Rey wrote:

I've never played it. 3rd Strike that is. Isn't that the one with all the parrying and such. If so then all I've gotta say is. I think Less is more. That's right. STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO!!!! That game is still played competitively. Its been remade so many times. I love ST2. I think it'd be awesome to play with one of the Pros one day. Even though its a given you'd most likely lose.

The reason it's still played competitively today is because Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. -takes deep breath- It was played when 3rd Strike was released because people refused to give 3rd Strike a chance and didn't want new characters.

3rd Strike has been played competitively for ten years and people still discover new tricks and strategies!

Quote :
Street fighter is always RAW as long as you have a main dude. mine's SAKURA!

..Same with KoF.. D:

Quote :

SFIII - Yun, Yang, Chun-Li, Ibuki, Makato (offensively played only..) and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
SFIV - Fei Long, Chun-Li, El Fuerte, Rufus. Vega now is more slower than ZANGIEF....
Back to top Go down
ClemsonTigerPaws
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 am

a cheaper option would be super street fighter 2 on the pps store for 14.99 it is very fun
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Or go get Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. It has HSFII And SFIII 3rd Strike. 3rd Strike is one of the best fighting games ever next to Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Virtua Fighter 5 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
FrennyFingas
Mortal Soul
FrennyFingas

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:45 pm

i wouldnt recomend SFiv. thats my own opinion. the only fighting games i like are the mortal combat series Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 pm

KidSyndrome101 wrote:
Psoewish wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:

Vega.....Oh god the Nightmare's.....Such speed!
Chun-li is fun, I love her ultra in S.F IV, also her man hand's :B
But If you play any online Street fighter game(HDRemix or IV) your just gonna stumble on Guoken, AKUMA, ken and Ryo whore's...
I used to Main ken BUT i broke away from the pack as soon i realized this. so now i found the Perfectness that is SAKURA Very Happy
Also if you love Agile player's You have to see "El Fuerte" or "Rufos" There two really fast basterd's XD

Chun-Li and Guile were my favorites in Street Fighter II
Back to top Go down
Devoured Death
Mortal Soul
Devoured Death

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Yep you should.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should i get Street Fighter IV?   Should i get Street Fighter IV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should i get Street Fighter IV?
Page 1 of 1