Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone here play?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Does anyone here play any musical instruments?
Well i just started learning how to play the guitar i been playing for about 2 months now.
At first i wanted to learn the bass but i thought if i learn the guitar first the bass will be easier later on.
Thinking about learning drums but classes are expensive and just once a week so theres no point in doing so.
I also play rock band guitar on Hard and some on Expert and i suck at drums lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Yeah, I play the guitar, piano, and the Flute.
I suck at games like guitar hero and rock though!LOL
I have been playing the piano and the flute for like 5 years and the guitar for 2 years.
It gets easier after the first year if you practice hard and get into a routine of practicing
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 pm

I dunno why, but people who say that their good at guitar hero(especially guitars) that they could play guitar more easily. but i looked this up and people say that it's a big no-no. it's two completely different thing's, why? i dunno. lol

i cant wait to get my fender. Razz
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 pm

I think the real guitar is harder!LOL
You have to be able to go up and down the fret board and the Cords are harder guitar hero is good practice for learning speed though and for hand eye cordination but other then that it has nothing on the real guitar!
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:46 pm

KidSyndrome101 wrote:
I dunno why, but people who say that their good at guitar hero(especially guitars) that they could play guitar more easily. but i looked this up and people say that it's a big no-no. it's two completely different thing's, why? i dunno. lol

Well in guitar hero you just press 5 buttons but on a real guitar you have to move up and down frets, memorize frets unless your guitar has marks on it, and memorize chords. In guitar hero you are told what button to press so yea guitar hero and real guitars are different. The only thing guitar hero can help you with a real guitar in my opinion is if play on expert you will be able to move your finger faster. But it really doesnt affect you skill with a real guitar at least not with me.
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 pm

faramir545 wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:

Well in guitar hero you just press 5 buttons but on a real guitar you have to move up and down frets, memorize frets unless your guitar has marks on it, and memorize chords. In guitar hero you are told what button to press so yea guitar hero and real guitars are different. The only thing guitar hero can help you with a real guitar in my opinion is if play on expert you will be able to move your finger faster. But it really doesnt affect you skill with a real guitar at least not with me.

Exactly. You're Right!
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:04 am

i play guitar and drums i learnt to play from guitar hero and rock band on expert so for you guys saying they dont help i guess i contradicted it? LOL but seriously ya i learnt how to play them from those games on expert plus i picked up instantly expert drums
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 am

The drums I must agree, The drums are easier to learn when your playing the games. But the guitar, Guitar hero erased all my guitar memory!LOLjk
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:39 pm

psychomantis666 wrote:
i play guitar and drums i learnt to play from guitar hero and rock band on expert so for you guys saying they dont help i guess i contradicted it? LOL but seriously ya i learnt how to play them from those games on expert plus i picked up instantly expert drums

Well like i said all those hours of guitar hero and rock band didnt help me. Maybe other people find it easier but everyone is different and has their own way of learning things. But in my case the games didnt help me at all.
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 pm

psychomantis666 wrote:

"contradicted"? Not quite.
Other than saying "oh, it totally helped me!" can you be specific on how it did? cause just by saying that just makes it hard for myself to believe you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone here play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play?   Anyone here play? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone here play?
Page 1 of 1