Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

most overrated game of all time

Go down 
+18
Friorey
GabbiJay
Kevxtreme
Dhomes
DreamyMeadow
AndreB
SevenYears
furball006
jackwabbit
Dripik
truesoviet
Rorschach
Gen__Wolf
phil19uk
Tabarnacos
Ichigo
Rey
raynel6988
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
raynel6988
Strong Soul
raynel6988

most overrated game of all time Empty
PostSubject: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 pm

sure theres gr8 games and theres a masterpiece in my opinion Metal Gear Solid 4 is a masterpiece but....

i was so dissapointed in Halo 3 i waited in line for 5 hrs jus to get the game at gamestop and wen i got it home i jus really did'nt like it i know i cant be alone with this
now a game that i love and still play was COD4 which did not get enough air time on tv but i guess it jus goes to show u that the media control jus about evert thing
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Halo 3 and Final Fantasy VII.. seriously, they're only GOOD!

Well, FFVII is GOOD, but Halo 3 sucks!

And as much as I LOVE MegaMan 9, it's overrated.. seriously..
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Yeah I wasn't to surprised about Halo 3, you kind of know what you're gonna get. What you described pretty much sums up halo2 for me, waited at gamestop for midnight release and all that. All excited for it then not let down, but defiantely not as excited after playing it.

I'd say most over-rated game in my eyes.

Fable. You think it's gonna be some huge world and it ends up being super short although it's good.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm

I thought people hated Fable more than the people who liked it?
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:30 pm

Rey wrote:
I thought people hated Fable more than the people who liked it?

I haven't played the second one. I enjoyed the first one a bit, but I wouldn't doubt if people hated it more then they liked it.

Maybe I should change my answer, because it's more of a let down then over-rated.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 pm

That's why no one should pay any attention to the hypes.. great examples of these are..

Halo 3
Fable 2
Starwars: Force Unleashed
Assassin's Creed
Back to top Go down
Tabarnacos
Elite Soul
Tabarnacos

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Overrated... Halo series.. Fable II, and World of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
phil19uk
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:16 pm

GTA4, I dont hate the game it is good...but in no way does it deserve a 10/10.
MGS4, I did only play this at a friends...but I really didnt enjoy it. People talk about this game like its a prophet from the gaming gods.
Halo 3, I loved the co-op campaign but found the MP overrated.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:23 pm

phil19uk wrote:
GTA4, I dont hate the game it is good...but in no way does it deserve a 10/10.
MGS4, I did only play this at a friends...but I really didnt enjoy it. People talk about this game like its a prophet from the gaming gods.
Halo 3, I loved the co-op campaign but found the MP overrated.

It is. XD
It's a great game. You should play the entire thing alone when you have the time, otherwise, you won't understand a damn thing about it and it'll confuse you.
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Call of duty 4 lol. MGS4 is TRASH!
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Helpful Soul
Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 pm

I am going to get flamed for this but here goes

Half Life 2: honestly its not that good people its average at best

GTA4: the guy earlier already summed this up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jaws4rl
truesoviet
Mortal Soul
truesoviet

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Gen__Wolf wrote:
Call of duty 4 lol. MGS4 is TRASH!

wow man. relax. why is mgs4 trash? i think its awesome, and not because of the reviews, but because i took time and played previous ones, and watched all the cut scenes. its a heavily story based game, and the cut scenes are awesome, imo
Back to top Go down
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Rorschach wrote:
I am going to get flamed for this but here goes

Half Life 2: honestly its not that good people its average at best

Half Life 2 has to be the most boring game I've played... The only thing cool about this game is the cute headcrabs and that gravity gun. It's graphics look horrible (on the Xbox, at least.) it isn't as fun as the first Half Life. It's a decent game, but I really liked the original more and don't see why so many people cream over it.

Valve's other games are way better. Team Fortress 2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead are hella fun games.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Quote :
wow man. relax. why is mgs4 trash? i think its awesome, and not because of the reviews, but because i took time and played previous ones, and watched all the cut scenes. its a heavily story based game, and the cut scenes are awesome, imo

Yes, it's one of the few games that offers great story and great gameplay. I think it gets the praise it deserves CONSIDERING it's the game that put the PS3 on top.
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 pm

yeah gen, you need to plat throught the whole series to know whats going on. Its a really hard game to understand right away
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Lol, I was calm and all, I was just saying lol. I hate the MGS4 online play, it lacks many things that make up a good online game.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 pm

People aren't praising Metal Gear Solid 4 ONLINE, their praising Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots.
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 pm

well i didnt get mgs4 for the online play, i got it for the story. The online was a bouns
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Helpful Soul
Rorschach

Left 4 Dead is fun for Multi but it shouldn't be 50-60 bucks I have only played TF2 on the 360 and it wasn't very fun and Portal was eh IMO

also I have had two uses for that gravity gun and that is knocking those turrets in the prison over and using the saw blades to cut those zombies in half also I have one more to add to my list

Bioshock: the story is weak and the plasmids are useless except for maybe 3 or 4 of them and even they are not very useful
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jaws4rl
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Rey wrote:
Quote :

Yes, it's one of the few games that offers great story and great gameplay. I think it gets the praise it deserves CONSIDERING it's the game that put the PS3 on top.

I think it's great. But if you ask me they made the actual gameplay a little over complicated. The controls on MGS 1, 2, and 3 were simple and effective. Now they mixed it up a little.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I actually went to play MGS1 again after playing MGS4, and they felt the same to me. MGS1 offers stealth only and it felt awkward when you get caught while in MGS4 you can go stealth on the enemies or just a killing machine. I loved the option of choice.
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:46 pm

I did the same thing, but i noticed that MGS1 was easier after i played mgs4. I blew threw and got the fox rank for the first time.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 am

Halo is one of the most overated games of all time.. so is WOW.

Whoever said Half Life 2 and FF7 I beg to differ lol.. I beat both of those games! They are great. FF7 has a truly deep story if you know what you are dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:46 am

FFVII only had the wow factor of GRAPHICS. When I ask a FFVII fan why it's so great, they say it just looked amazing back then..

FFI, FFIII, FFIV and FFVI had a far more better story and even better gameplay.

Yes, I said FFVII fan cause there is a difference between a FF fan and a FFVII fan.
Back to top Go down
SevenYears
Helpful Soul
SevenYears

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:34 am

Resident Evil 4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleHoneyBear
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most overrated game of all time   most overrated game of all time Empty

Back to top Go down

most overrated game of all time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next