Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?

Go down 
+19
Zancoth
KidSyndrome101
OnlineInsider
DtoX
Essencewing
KING
SgtVoodoo
faramir545
Yourtiy
Tcorb18
Dave
Rey
cDizzle
furball006
Angel_Riu
dfr3sh
Friorey
angeloflight
raynel6988
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
raynel6988
Strong Soul
raynel6988

Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? Empty
PostSubject: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:15 pm

I for one am really tired of these rappers making the same beats over and over again i think the best time was the 90s hands down thats why the past couple of years ive been opening my music listing to rock r/b i mean its just my opinion i give rap about 2 more yrs before it will be jus a phase
Back to top Go down
angeloflight
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:39 pm

i dont want to be a dick or anything but i hate hip hop i just dont like it its all shooting killing raping hoods gangs and all that yes i know not all of it was that but most of it is thats why rock is better because they speak about there problems that people have today not about what gang ur in or killing people and yes rap will diebecause that guy little wayne is making a rock album and lupe fiasco and also jayz i dont know about you but i think it was just a phase
Back to top Go down
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:01 pm

for me Rap/hip hop is not a music , never was and never will be
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
dfr3sh
Nooblit Soul
dfr3sh

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:10 pm

i don't think that hip hop is going to die, i think that right now the hip hop culture is evolving, with new talent coming into the game and new music showing up everywhere, hip hop will come back and hasn't die anyone in the first place
Back to top Go down
http://dfr3shlifestyle.com
Angel_Riu
Mortal Soul
Angel_Riu

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm

It's dead already...
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:36 pm

Nooooooo way... only mainstreme hip hop is dead. Mainstreme hip hop isn't even hiphop, it might aswell be called pop hop. All those rappers are payed specifically by their labels to write about dumb stuff to make people stupid. I'm not even kidding. If you are looking for a relevent hiphop artist listen to some immortal technique, and artists like him.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Igt-jW4e8ts

btw immortal technique has really hardcore lyrics so if you don't wanna hear that sorta stuff here's your warning

another hip hop group I reccomend these days are the sweatshop union

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zKM9odw4P6U

-----------------------------------

All that stuff they play on the tv is just pure exploitation. Right now there is a bastardized version of every kinda popular music in the mainstreme. Like real rock and roll got widdled down to emo. Hip hop is represented by jokes like lil wayne and 50 cent. Pop isn't what it used to be, it kinda merged with the bastardized version of hiphop didn't it? This is just the mainstreme tho remember that what they show you on tv isn't really a reflection on peoples actual feelings. Tv music, the music business is really about selling the most music to the biggest number of dumb people possible...

If you are looking for real hip hop, it was in the 80s, and some in the 90s, and some very underground artists in the 00's, but no real good hip hop artist came out in the 00's in the mainstreme that I can remember. Hiphop was killed in the mainstreme after pac and big were killed... but it still exists. Don't count it out. It's just hidden these days. Like all good music. Being the best musician and having the best songs aren't the criteria to break into the mainstreme these days. Instead its about how many albums are you gonna sell, usually they target kids cause kids aren't as wise as older people (generally), and they will buy anything. Even when I was a kid I bought into all sorts of crappy music that today I wouldn't even look at. But I didn't know that such better music was available. All I knew is what they put infront of me.

Hip hop is a culture, its not rap songs about poppin champagne in limozines and flashin your ice, and your pinto with the rims worth more then the car. It was birthed as a tool for black people to fight their oppressors. It's about dj, bboyin, graffity, and real MCin, and has a spirit of rebellion. With real beats not these little fruity loop beats designed by computers.

Last edited by furball006 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cDizzle
Helpful Soul
cDizzle

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Hip-Hop will never die. All you have to do, is look deeper than the mainstream. There are many talented underground guys out there right now.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:05 pm

dfr3sh wrote:
i don't think that hip hop is going to die, i think that right now the hip hop culture is evolving, with new talent coming into the game and new music showing up everywhere, hip hop will come back and hasn't die anyone in the first place

..yer.. sir, may I remind you of an idiot called Soulja Boy that single handedly murdered it?

People now only care of how the "artist" looks like..
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Dave
Mortal Soul
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:42 am

I don't think a genre of music can ever really DIE, but I could see rap dwindling in mainstream popularity. Hopefully the genre ends up maturing because of it. As furball and cDizzle mentioned, there are a lot of talented guys and gals out there that just aren't getting the exposure they need. I use to work for a hip-hop/pop radio station in Canada and even within our (relatively) small community, there were pure talents that would put today's top sellers to shame. Unfortunately, that's not what's selling right now. Hopefully people start demand something original and new. Once that time comes, hopefully it rejuvenates the genre.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 am

Yep. Soulja Boy killed it. And not in a good way. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
Yourtiy
Nooblit Soul
Yourtiy

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:54 pm

thank god, like someone said above me, rapping is not music. ANYone can rap, the only rap that takes talent are battles because you have to think of stuff on the fly. Most hip hop is rap with a nice beat thrown in and some back ground singing. i HATE it. i hope it dies in a fire.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Yourtiy wrote:
thank god, like someone said above me, rapping is not music. ANYone can rap, the only rap that takes talent are battles because you have to think of stuff on the fly. Most hip hop is rap with a nice beat thrown in and some back ground singing. i HATE it. i hope it dies in a fire.

Don't confuse Rap with cRap..
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:15 pm

never really liked hip hop that much, i like a a few songs but not too much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:42 pm

I agree, anyone can rhyme about shooting/gangs/and drugs, its just poetry for stupid people

BUT there is some good rap, like Fort Minor is nice, its gangster rap that ruins it all

And i really hope it does die, because about 97% of the people at my school not only listen to it, but 'live' it
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Again, don't confuse Rap with cRap. Not to mention there is a difference between Rhyming and Raping.

...I find it weird that I'm defending something I hate.. D:
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Rey wrote:
Again, don't confuse Rap with cRap. Not to mention there is a difference between Rhyming and Raping.

...I find it weird that I'm defending something I hate.. D:

lol.. hip hop is very confusing to people i guess.......
Back to top Go down
KING
Mortal Soul
KING

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:20 pm

i think im the only person here that thought hip hop =/= rap...

Oh well, i don't listen to either.
Back to top Go down
Essencewing
Mortal Soul
Essencewing

Location : Prince Edward Island, Canada (never heard of it, huh?)

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 am

Since I'm neon white I don't like Hip-hop. Actually, there's a different reason, a deeper one: THERE'S NO REAL MUSIC! It's just fast talking/swearing. Some people have praised it as poetry, but I think that Shakespeare is rolling in his grave. The only hip-hop I would ever give a chance is Run-D.M.C because they almost single-handedly fused rap and rock (and revived Aerosmith, eh) and made it sound good unlike Rage Against The Machine.

In all honesty, I hope Rap dies.

Just stating my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am

im a metal-head. most of my play list is anything from epic-metal to death metal.
but hip hop wont die.
you see even tho im a metal head i LOVE HIP HOP!
im a graff artist(at least trying to be) and im a pothead(well i havent smoked in a long time but you get teh point)
and id die with out my cypress hill or styles of beyond. and a few Norwegian and danish artists.
i can probably name more but im not gonna bother.
anyway. hip hop for life<3
we cant let it die
Back to top Go down
OnlineInsider
Helpful Soul
OnlineInsider

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:40 am

Though I don't like listening to rap/hip hop stuff. I don't think it will die.... there will be always someone listening/making it like any other type of music. I have also noticed this.... what happened to Pop and R&B stuff that I heard when I was a kid (under 11-12?) in the 90's? they like mixed alot of it with rap and hip hop is what they did after 2000/2001ish? and what came from that? what Unbrella's? Wish your girlfriend was as hot as me? that fu*k is this?
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:18 pm

It's Never gonna die. i grew up listening to hip-hop, but I'm into almost all genres of music i hope that none die! cause for me music is LIFE!
Back to top Go down
Zancoth
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:45 am

It's already dead for me xD
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:33 am

well there are alot of artists out there slowly killing it.
like T-pain kardinal official and flo rida name a few.
but then theres the ones keeping it going.
immortal technique, army of the pharaohs, jedi mind tricks etc
so lets just hope that wannabe gangsters and lousy songs writes stop trying to make music.
hip hop(and metal. metal FTW) for life<3
Back to top Go down
Steve-JohnsonRE
Mortal Soul
Steve-JohnsonRE

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 am

DtoX wrote:
well there are alot of artists out there slowly killing it.
like T-pain kardinal official and flo rida name a few.
but then theres the ones keeping it going.
immortal technique, army of the pharaohs, jedi mind tricks etc
so lets just hope that wannabe gangsters and lousy songs writes stop trying to make music.
hip hop(and metal. metal FTW) for life<3
Kardi isn't even close to killing it. He's been in the game far longer than T-Pain and Flo Rida. He knows what sells and what doesn't so he is clearly changing his style to maximize profit.
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:35 pm

witch makes him a sellout and a poor excuse for an artist.
i dont care if hes bin around 20years or started rapping a week ago.
his music is mainstream crap. and the current mainstream hip hop is all crap.
i havent heard a new rap song that was really good for a looooong time.
it doesnt matter how long you have bin in the game.
what matters is what you deliver. and ive had enough servings of BS.
and dont you get pissy with me for saying this. its just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?   Is Hip Hop Really going to Die? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Hip Hop Really going to Die?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Speak :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: