Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

will xbox be the new playstation

Go down 
+13
Friorey
Kevxtreme
phil19uk
Dave
Dripik
HAPPY man 123
DiGiTiLsOuL
furball006
Rey
mrJack07
iEM0
Angel_Riu
psthree4evr
17 posters
AuthorMessage
psthree4evr
Strong Soul
psthree4evr

will xbox be the new playstation Empty
PostSubject: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

will the 360 do as good as the ps2 did Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/psthree4evr
Angel_Riu
Mortal Soul
Angel_Riu

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:38 pm

No way Ps3 will
Playstation will always be the best .
Back to top Go down
iEM0
Helpful Soul
iEM0

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm

well is sony keeps coming up with Stupid ideas like blu ray.. it will die as bad as sega did with nitendo.
Back to top Go down
mrJack07
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm

lol i think its funny that everyone i know who has or had a 360 all at one point had a ps2. note: im not a fanboy or anything.

personally, i do not think so.
blu ray was not a stupid idea either, it helped get the ps3 out to the public, also along with a few games it had to start and sleek BBQ looks .

anyway back to subject.
the ps3 in my perspective is the ultimate gaming machine next to the PC and 360. I have had my ps3 for a couple years now and only 1 issue. but it fixed itself! which amazed me. a quick reboot and bam, back on track. cheers

and with the lowering prices , it will be the next ps2 if not already( sold out in every store i could find after xmas).
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Just so you know, the 360 was a PS3 prototype once........
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:18 pm

360 is the current 'Playstation'.... listen the baton has been passed back and forth a few times. It doesn't matter what anyone says, based off of sales and the amount of good games available currently 360 takes the reigns. Since NES... in terms of the system that has been in peoples houses and with the best library of games.. it goes like this.

NES
SNES (Sega was sorta popular but not as much)
Playstation (N64 was almost as popular but this is the phase which nintendo died)
PS2 (Xbox was too little to late)
Xbox 360 (This time PS3 was too little too late)

the xbox and ps3 have generally the same computing power, the thing that has made certain systems popular isn't its computing power, its the quality and quantity of that quality games available on that system, some game designers have falling outs with certain companies and they only make their games for certain systems, right now ps3's best exclusive seller is metal gear solid 4, its the games that sell the system not the system itself... and also alot of people who bought ps3s bought it on the strength of how good the ps2 was, however ps3s game library has nothin on the ps2 game library and it doesnt look like it will either...
Back to top Go down
DiGiTiLsOuL
Mortal Soul
DiGiTiLsOuL

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Considering they are still making ps2 games and no X-box games.... I mean im just saying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/digitilsoul
HAPPY man 123
Helpful Soul
HAPPY man 123

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:13 pm

i think playstation 3 is way better than the 360

and i no that alot of people will disagre with me
Back to top Go down
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 pm

furball006 wrote:
360 is the current 'Playstation'.... listen the baton has been passed back and forth a few times. It doesn't matter what anyone says, based off of sales and the amount of good games available currently 360 takes the reigns. Since NES... in terms of the system that has been in peoples houses and with the best library of games.. it goes like this.

NES
SNES (Sega was sorta popular but not as much)
Playstation (N64 was almost as popular but this is the phase which nintendo died)
PS2 (Xbox was too little to late)
Xbox 360 (This time PS3 was too little too late)

the xbox and ps3 have generally the same computing power, the thing that has made certain systems popular isn't its computing power, its the quality and quantity of that quality games available on that system, some game designers have falling outs with certain companies and they only make their games for certain systems, right now ps3's best exclusive seller is metal gear solid 4, its the games that sell the system not the system itself... and also alot of people who bought ps3s bought it on the strength of how good the ps2 was, however ps3s game library has nothin on the ps2 game library and it doesnt look like it will either...

Tis the truth! The Wii wins on sales figures, the 360 wins when it comes to library, community, and updates. The PS3 is a good console, it's just not getting that many good games for it. and the online for it is pretty cruddy if you ask me. and Home is pretty pointless. If I want to play a game like Home I'll just play Second Life. Though Home does look more... realistic rather than cartoony.

To be honest, I am not quite sure what this topic is about. The OP should've been a little more clear on what he meant.

Comparing the PS2 to the 360, though. It seems like the two have a lot in common. Didn't the PS2 come out before the Xbox? (and this gen the Xbox came first.) PS2 had the better game library (I guess, I really didn't like many games that everyone else creamed over... -cough- GOD OF WAR -cough-. In fact, I think the only thing the PS2 lacked was great online capability and pretty sparks in racing games. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dave
Mortal Soul
Dave

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:26 pm

psthree4evr wrote:
will the 360 do as good as the ps2 did Question

How so?
In the amount of sales: No.

The PS2 is still living on today as a commercial success and I doubt the 360 can pull that off. Not many consoles have. Sure, tons of consoles have lived on thanks to loyal fanbases and homebrew developers. The original Xbox is a perfect examples of that, thanks to apps such as XBMC. However, in terms of a long running commercial success, I doubt it. I doubt Microsoft would even allow that past a certain point. PS2 is in a league of its own in those regards.
Back to top Go down
phil19uk
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 2:52 am

The 360 imo has become this generations gaming console of choice, it is a good machine with a strong catalog of games (Halo/Gears/Crackdown/Mass Effect). The main feature of xbox 360 is its online features, and with the new NXE update its just heads and shoulders above the competition (in terms of online). But I wouldnt count the PS3 out just yet, its the most powerful machine on the market and will have long life span. Its gaining an ever -expanding revenue of games (KZ2/LBP) and sony is working on the online features (home), while sony has lost alot of exclusives in the past it still holds some great titles (god of war 3). There are also a bunch of PS2 owners out there, who have yet to make the jump into next-gen gaming and most of which will just buy another playstation. So sony still may come out on top, say a few years from now.
But honestly who cares? We are all gamers and we shouldnt blindly defend a console or company, just go for the system that works for you. Now for the real enemy of hardcore gaming NINTENDO! they have unleashed the hordes of "casual" gamers upon us! lol Very Happy Fight till the end!
Back to top Go down
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:52 am

iEM0 wrote:
well is sony keeps coming up with Stupid ideas like blu ray.. it will die as bad as sega did with nitendo.

How is Blu-Ray a stupid idea? OK, sorry for me wanting to watch movies and play games in high definition.
Back to top Go down
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:45 am

iEM0 wrote:
blu-ray is stupid !!!!????????? omg r u serious ! no way dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
AndreB
Helpful Soul
AndreB

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am

Com'on! Wii is this generations big consol. Like Psone and Ps2 was in the two latest genarations. The wii has sold million and million more units than 360 and ps3 together!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/AndreBmusic
red_blaze
Strong Soul
red_blaze

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 am

AndreB wrote:
Com'on! Wii is this generations big consol. Like Psone and Ps2 was in the two latest genarations. The wii has sold million and million more units than 360 and ps3 together!

The only thing why Wii sells the best is because people choose between PS3 and X360 and most of them buys Wii as a sidekick. That way, you have almost double sold Wiis.
Back to top Go down
Enphion
Nooblit Soul
Enphion

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 am

True, Wii is not really a gaming system, well sure it plays games. But i think its more a toy or a gimmick. Yeah it is fun to play whit but if you want serious gaming you either have a PS3 or a 360 or if you really are a die hard you have both. To go back ontopic, i dont think 360 will be the next ps2. I think we must accept that this generation there are two ps2's, the 360 and PS3.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:44 am

I'd go see this year's Wii games coming out if I were you.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Devoured Death
Mortal Soul
Devoured Death

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 pm

HD is obsolete now that Blue Ray is out, I think this year will be a great year for Sony and that's coming from a 360 owner. PS3 has a better D-pad as well also,360's failure rate is way to high and it's really damn loud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will xbox be the new playstation   will xbox be the new playstation Empty

Back to top Go down

will xbox be the new playstation
Page 1 of 1