Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it worth getting a 360?

Go down 
+24
darko12321
psychomantis666
red_blaze
Psoewish
Friorey
hernan.esquivel
Avernious
Tabarnacos
GabbiJay
faramir545
SgtVoodoo
Italiano951
Angel_Riu
Dripik
TheGreatPUDDING
Tcorb18
phil19uk
furball006
SevenYears
Ichigo
Oracle
jackwabbit
Rey
EnoughSaid
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

Is it worth getting a 360? Empty
PostSubject: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 pm

I have been thinking. Since L4D and Fable II are two of my most favorite games and i can only play them at my uncle's house, so should i get a Xbox 360?
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:02 pm

If you can avoid the Red Rings of Death, yes. That's the 360's biggest flaw.

Some geniuses were able to set the 360 like the PS3. that made it 100% Red Rings of Death free.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:04 pm

well if you have the money for it sure, but you need make sure you can live without it if it breaks down
Back to top Go down
Oracle
Mortal Soul
Oracle

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Yes it is. All consoles have their flaws, Wii with repetition, Xbox with Red ring and halo, and PS3 with its lack of people online with voice chat, price, and backwards compatibility.

However, if you're gonna get an xbox just get ready for all the shooters that you will be playing, apparently people over 14 only like shooters.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:25 pm

I love my xbox 360 elite. So I would say yeah. Only time one of my xbox's craped out was my first original one.

Think it depends how you use it. Like over-heating and all that.
Back to top Go down
SevenYears
Helpful Soul
SevenYears

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Right now is the best time to get a 360 because the price is really good.

There are a ton of amazing games, and the latest machines are a lot more stable than past unit versions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleHoneyBear
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 pm

yep 360 is the best...... anyway ive never gotten the red ring of death that more has to do with launch xbox's not so much more recent ones, also xbox comes with a great warranty and they even send you the postage so if you ever do get red ring of death you can just get a new machine at no additional cost
Back to top Go down
phil19uk
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:04 am

Lol rrod is rare now i think, it happened to me once but i got it fixed and a renewed warrenty. Plus xbox has some of the best games out there, some of my favs include gears 2/ crackdown/ mass effect. The 360 also got a new online revamp and has updates from the live team, plus their have been pricecuts.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:16 am

Rey wrote:

Some geniuses were able to set the 360 like the PS3. that made it 100% Red Rings of Death free.

Even if it does get RRoD you have a 3 year warrenty.... And as for my answer on your question. Yes its worth it. Online gameplay is 5x better then PS3 but only difference is Xbox 360 you have to pay 8$ a month,or 20$ for 3 months, or even 50$ for 13 months. As for PS3 its free but laggy as all hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:20 pm

If you're within the warranty they'll give you a free month of Xbox Live Gold too.Yeah,I would recommend a 360 since it has a lot of great games like Gears of War,if you want to fork over a bit more cash you could get a PS3,but I have a 360 and I really like it,if you don't have Xbox Live its kind of boring.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Tcorb18 wrote:
Even if it does get RRoD you have a 3 year warrenty....

You'll have to go through the trouble of changing the hardesks though.. and one simple mistake can ruin it aswell.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Dripik
Strong Soul
Dripik

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Take of it and it'll take care of you. and don't let anyone but you use it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angel_Riu
Mortal Soul
Angel_Riu

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 am

No way i got one and i regret it till now ...
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:33 am

Rey wrote:
Tcorb18 wrote:
Even if it does get RRoD you have a 3 year warrenty....

You'll have to go through the trouble of changing the hardesks though.. and one simple mistake can ruin it aswell.

Haha changing the hard drive isn't nothing it's the shipping that will take a few weeks. Other then that the Xbox 360 is better then the PS3. The only thing thats better on a PS3 is the built in blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
Italiano951
Strong Soul
Italiano951

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Id say go for it xbox 360 is good(the RROD happens in later models or if you play it for hours on end, the system needs to cool something my ps3 didnt do it got hot after 30 mins and kept locking up so i traded it in for a pro lol)
Back to top Go down
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:43 pm

I only want it for the games
Back to top Go down
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Tcorb18 wrote:

Even if it does get RRoD you have a 3 year warrenty.... And as for my answer on your question. Yes its worth it. Online gameplay is 5x better then PS3 but only difference is Xbox 360 you have to pay 8$ a month,or 20$ for 3 months, or even 50$ for 13 months. As for PS3 its free but laggy as all hell

Looks like someone(almost the whole forum) is an xbox fanboy, I play PS3 online all the time, and i've never lagged once, or in fact experianced lag in any way, if your on a tight budget, and your 2 favorite games are xbox only, get it, but if you have the money for a ps3, I highly reccomend getting one
Back to top Go down
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 pm

well i dont wanna start arguing, so ill just say what i think about xbox.
Lets see ring of death makes it kinda sucky.
Games they are good, i dont really like any much.
But if games are so good online how the so called best games of 360 can have so little people online in one match or at the same time? lets see, Gears of War 2 10 max, Halo 16 max, Left4Dead 8 max. In my opinion if i want to play online i want to play with more people.

Ohh yea my friend just bought a 360 and it came with xbox live silver!
Microsoft how cheap are you?
Make you buy an xbox with silver so you go back and buy xbox live gold.

Lagg or internet connection.
I saw a post saying that ps3 is laggy, i have not experienced much, the only lagg ive had is in COD WaW but doesnt COD's connection depend on the host connection?

Heat well ive had my ps3 on for about 6 hours and its not hot. I bought myself the nykon cooler inter cooler, and its crap. It sounds like there an airplane it the house cause its so loud.

Well if you wanna buy an xbox buy one or maybe you already have, but if not its your money and your the ones whos going to be playing it so if you really want it buy it. I think the xbox is good console, if not why in the hell are people buying so many. But i prefer the ps3, even tho it costs a few hundred bucks more, but its worth buying but thats the price for a reason, because it has a lot to offer. Movies, games, like pictures well you get a picture organizer thing, browser, wifi if you dont want wires all around the place, no rings of death(there is yellow light tho but that only happend to the old 60 gb models that are no longer sold).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
GabbiJay
Mortal Soul
GabbiJay

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 am

Tcorb18 wrote:
Rey wrote:

not true. my internet connection is terrible but PSN rarely lags..
Back to top Go down
Tabarnacos
Elite Soul
Tabarnacos

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:18 pm

Tcorb18 wrote:

Funny to see someone saying that psn is laggy and never even dare touching a ps3 because hes too much a fanboy. The first year, I admit it was laggier but now, no. Its the same thing. If you have a laggy phone internet connexion, Thats just normal. but if ur connexion is ok then your psn is prefectly fine. I own a 360 and except the more people that have a micro on the 360, Its just the same.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 am

Oracle wrote:
Yes it is. All consoles have their flaws, Wii with repetition, Xbox with Red ring and halo, and PS3 with its lack of people online with voice chat, price, and backwards compatibility.

However, if you're gonna get an xbox just get ready for all the shooters that you will be playing, apparently people over 14 only like shooters.

Actually If we are strictly talking Console problems. It boils down like this.

Wii: Lack of storage capacity.

PS3:Lack of backwards compatibility with Playstation 2 games.

360: Annual fees and lack of wireless connectivity.

Microsoft's nulled the Red Ring as far as I've heard

Anywho... I own a Wii and PS3.... I love them both... SOOO MUCH.... I'm not a fan of the 360 due to the fee's ( Yes I guess that does make my flaws list seem bias but if you look at all other consoles they don't make you pay to play ). Also there aren't enough game on the 360 to make me want it.

I disagree with Oracle there are plenty of people playing online on any online multiplayer game. Multiple tens of thousands. Which may seem low... But considering the maximum allowed to be in a match is 30 some players.. Thats not too bad lol.. Also.. And this is also a downside. There are plenty of people talking... saying ignorant things... Seriously guys do we have to call each other "fag" or "pussy" if someone kills you? It just gives gaming a bad name... Kinda why I hate voice chat unless I'm playing only with friends..

Anywho the choice is yours. I suggest you don't look at the console and only look at the games. Both what is out and what is upcoming. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
hernan.esquivel
Mortal Soul
hernan.esquivel

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 pm

just buy an xbox and have fun playing it with the big game selection it has.

faramir545
Make you buy an xbox with silver so you go back and buy xbox live gold

thats not true as soon as you get a gamertag you get one month of xbox gold. so your friend must of done something wrong or lied and never actually bought a 360. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Tabarnacos wrote:
Tcorb18 wrote:

Funny to see someone saying that psn is laggy and never even dare touching a ps3 because hes too much a fanboy. The first year, I admit it was laggier but now, no. Its the same thing. If you have a laggy phone internet connexion, Thats just normal. but if ur connexion is ok then your psn is prefectly fine. I own a 360 and except the more people that have a micro on the 360, Its just the same.

Agreed. I had this same discussion with a fellow in GameStop. He said.. No one voice chats. No one is even on, LAGGY... ORLY! I said.. Not really I just rarely get to use ORLY... Sorry.. Anywho... I have played both however I do not own both... Money and all... My friend got a Xbox 360 when they first came out.. He's never Red Ringed.. I use to love playing Battlefield on that thing...Good times... Good times...

Any who moving on... The quality is The same... Just named differently, as far as online is concerned.

Pricing....

(This may seem bias) In order to make a Xbox360 deliver the same features of a PS3 you'd have to spend a total of at least 200 bucks... This even excludes Blue Ray Capability... ( However I'm not a fan of Blue-Ray... Its just a prettier more expensive DVD if you ask me )...

In the end it boils down to games though... Exclusives and all... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:41 am

Tabarnacos wrote:
Tcorb18 wrote:

My internet connection is very bad and i have never found that the psn is laggy
psn is awesome !
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 6:28 pm

hernan.esquivel wrote:
just buy an xbox and have fun playing it with the big game selection it has.

faramir545
Make you buy an xbox with silver so you go back and buy xbox live gold

thats not true as soon as you get a gamertag you get one month of xbox gold. so your friend must of done something wrong or lied and never actually bought a 360. Evil or Very Mad

well he bought the xbox that comes with kung fu panda and lego indiana jones and he says that it came with sliver, i dont know why but he hasnt bothered to get gold.

Btw my ps3 only laggs if im on the comp at the same time
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a 360?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next