Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Infamous and Prototype

Go down 
+4
TheGreatPUDDING
Kevxtreme
hivemind
GabbiJay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GabbiJay
Mortal Soul
GabbiJay

Infamous and Prototype Empty
PostSubject: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 am

i just came across these games in DiGiTiLsOuL's videos and from what i saw, those games look exactly the same!

1. Both of them are Open World games
2. you play a character in both of them with some super human powers
3. Both of them are gonna get old after a very short time

I think the only diffrence about those games is that Prototype is available for PC, 360 and PS3 but Infamous only for the PS3.

Now could someone correct me if i'm wrong and tell me if there are some diffrences about those games?
Back to top Go down
hivemind
Helpful Soul
hivemind

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Well, i don't know if you would consider this a "big" diffrence , but in Infamous you have some sort of electric powers, coming out of your hand that you use to tazz your enemys or blow up cars and stuff. In Protoype you can mutate your own body, to fight with claws or sword shaped bones instead of your arms and you also let giant spikes come out of the ground to impale who ever you like to.
Back to top Go down
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:32 pm

That pretty much covers it all...if anything i will get inFamous but i have to see some reviews first.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm not sure about inFamous,but I'll probably get Prototype if the reviews are good.
Back to top Go down
FrennyFingas
Mortal Soul
FrennyFingas

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:54 am

i find the more and more i see on infamous game play the more and more i would rather that prototype. i think the main reason for me is the fighting style and the moral aspect
Back to top Go down
kaister12
Nooblit Soul
kaister12

PostSubject: prototype and infamous   Infamous and Prototype EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:24 pm

we will just have to wait for the games to come out and play the story
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:04 pm

in prototype you gotta find the dudes "clues" to find his memory
thats a difference...i think XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Astalano
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm

There are tooooooo many differences and a few similarities

Gameplay is way different.
-You can consume people in Prototype.
-You can use weapons and vehicles (APC's, two types of tanks and two types of helicopters) and call in artillery strikes as a commander. Cole can't use vehicles or weapons.
-Your attacks are melee based mostly, while Cole's abilities are electricity-based. His melee attacks are limited to a few punches and kicks.
-You have special attacks.
-The gameplay is fast paced, the camera is way back to reflect the large scale action.
-In Prototype there is a three-way war going on between you, the Infected and the military, while Infamous doesn't have as many clashes between the various gangs.

Story is different.
-Conspiracy versus large explosion and decimated city.
-You complete the story by absorbing people and their memories, while in Infamous you progress through main missions and comic book style cutscenes.
-There is an Infection, the military and zombie-like creatures, while Infamous has gangs.

Characters:
-Alex is an anti-hero, Cole can be either a villain or a superhero.
-Alex has had very bad things done to him, but also does very bad things, which is why he's in the grey space that he is.
-Alex has total amnesia, while Cole just can't remember the events concerning the blast.

Presentation is different:
-The graphics for Infamous are slightly better than Prototype's.
-There is more detail to Empire City and its inhabitants.
-Infamous is on a small scale, while there are around 200 things on screen at any given moment in Prototype (80-100enemies and 100 vehicles).
-Empire City is quite grey to contrast with the electricity Cole uses, while Prototype's New York is a little more colourful.
-Empire City doesn't change as drastically as Prototype as you play. However, if you are evil/good then it changes accordingly. In Prototype buildings become Hives (bases) for the Infection and the military set up more bases. The screen takes on a normal/red/greenish-greyish tinge accordingly.

They are similar in the fact that both characters have superpowers, both cities are quarantined and both have open-worlds, but all the similarities are really superficial.

Last edited by Astalano on Thu May 28, 2009 4:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FrennyFingas
Mortal Soul
FrennyFingas

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:43 pm

haha what you just said makes me kindof want prototype alot more now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamous and Prototype   Infamous and Prototype Empty

Back to top Go down

Infamous and Prototype
Page 1 of 1