Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any advise for someone trying to lose weight

Go down 
+3
TFaith
SevenYears
xxundeadxlovexx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xxundeadxlovexx
Helpful Soul
xxundeadxlovexx

Any advise for someone trying to lose weight Empty
PostSubject: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:42 pm

well, I might as well ask for some help.
I'm over weight abit for my height, and I've try'd the best ways
diet and working out, but they don't seem to be working In fact I've gained like..20 pounds
I count calories, I take long walks every other day, I do sit ups and push ups and such every other day

just asking for ideas
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hells_lust
SevenYears
Helpful Soul
SevenYears

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:04 am

Are you aware of your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)?

Do you use a calorie counter book or online software? If you are operating day-to-day on a deficit, you should be losing weight normally and not gaining.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleHoneyBear
TFaith
Mortal Soul
TFaith

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:11 am

firstly, you need to be comfortable with yourself, set some small goals or something..

personally since december 1st, ive dropped 16kg, although alot of that has been stress related xD but yeah, it just got to a point where i wasnt happy with how i looked, recently single, and hell, iw ouldnt wanna sit on my lap! so, i got to fixing that Smile

try and get something that motivates you, can be anything as small as wanting to look good for the beach come summertime ya know?
Back to top Go down
Johnnycpk
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 am

Hi there fellow this is johnnycpk lol!

now let's get that point up, you are overweighted, that's a problem your facing right. In my case i don't suffer that problem
WHY????
because NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY - - - - - ->>> because i don't eat what's good. i EAT what is GOOD for ME!! Very Happy

Just don't beat yourself about it man Very Happy. you can make a game out of it

try to find fruits and vegies that you like best! Very Happy
find out actual food that it good for you, because if you did not know, NO ONE IS THE SAME, SO IT'S DIFERENT!!! Very Happy
If you know you're eating something that is making you with that tubby feeling just cut it off, OR, just do it like smokers... do it slowly

so you wont have those episodes when you get really desperate because you are used to eat small amounts, getting my point?

and about the exercise, good for you. i think everyone deserves a good body with effort and if you think you deserve more, just talk to me man let's get that problem worked out. aight? XD

johnnycpk lol!
Back to top Go down
Steven
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 am

Having a protein high diet can often be the cause of being overweight.

I presume you're a meat eater? Most meat eaters have a portion of meat every day. The recommended is 2 portions a week! If you're eating a lot of meat, trying cutting down.

Steven
Back to top Go down
xxundeadxlovexx
Helpful Soul
xxundeadxlovexx

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:13 pm

just want to thank everyone for trying to help me
and I do eat abit to much meat. maybe I should try cutting back on that
but I also do eat alot of veggies, well maybe not as much as I should

So..less meat, more veggies, have a goal, and try to slowly wing my self of bad foods..like i'm a junkie for Twinkies xD
Back to top Go down
Johnnycpk
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm glad you follow those advices Smile

just remember, weight management is easy, you just need to be patient and control what goes in ;D

cheers, johnnycpk
Back to top Go down
unzinc
Nooblit Soul
unzinc

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Also try to cut calories by replacing common foods/drinks with foods with less calories. Instead of drinking a cup of juice, drink some water with a splash of lemon juice in it (Don't add sugar tho), Instead of potato chips eat non buttered popcorn or triscuit crackers.

I find that taking out sugary beverages helps a lot. Try to avoid soda pop, energy drinks, slurpees, etc.

Good luck. Losing weight is more of a lifestyle change than just simply losing weight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.getpked.com
xxundeadxlovexx
Helpful Soul
xxundeadxlovexx

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 pm

unzinc wrote:
Also try to cut calories by replacing common foods/drinks with foods with less calories. Instead of drinking a cup of juice, drink some water with a splash of lemon juice in it (Don't add sugar tho), Instead of potato chips eat non buttered popcorn or triscuit crackers.

I find that taking out sugary beverages helps a lot. Try to avoid soda pop, energy drinks, slurpees, etc.

Good luck. Losing weight is more of a lifestyle change than just simply losing weight.

I've done that..well started it I can't yet drink just water with lemon
but I have cut out all sodas and surgery drinks
I just drink tea, with sweet'nlow or plane old water
and I eat chex mix insted of chips
it tastes good and tis alot lower in fat
Back to top Go down
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: Yo   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:56 pm

I got a post on this already... You could read it for ideas.. and see if anything helps.
That's how i lost weight.

https://soulspeak.forumotion.com/weight-issues-f4/weightloss-ideas-eating-training-my-story-with-before-and-after-pictures-t187.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any advise for someone trying to lose weight   Any advise for someone trying to lose weight Empty

Back to top Go down

Any advise for someone trying to lose weight
Page 1 of 1