Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?

Go down 
+2
Ichigo
jackwabbit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? Empty
PostSubject: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 5:54 pm

I think you can but i would like other opinions. (i have a conscience btw)
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm

edited

If you don't have a conscience then you have no control. And emotion is a very conscious activity.

So my answer is no.

Last edited by Ichigo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:17 pm

they are conected...thats why wondering
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:34 pm

I'm not so sure they are connected. I think not having a conscience you're severing your connection with your mind which is where emotions are triggered.
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 pm

i still think you can, you just wont have control
but there are some emos that dont conect to the conscience like fear for example
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:48 am

everyone living non coma human has a conscious, you do I do, and we all feel emotion... a fly arguably has no consciousness, if your definition of consciousness is being aware of being aware, and i doubt they feel emotions.....
Back to top Go down
iEM0
Helpful Soul
iEM0

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 am

Well.. sometimes i get so depressed it feels like im not conscience so i dont know..
Back to top Go down
presidentioc
Nooblit Soul
presidentioc

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 am

I think we're getting conscious and conscience confused, so Ninjawords to the rescue!

conscious
(adj) : alert, awake; aware
"the noise woke me, but it was another few minutes before I was fully conscious."

conscience
(n) : a person's moral sense of right and wrong, chiefly as it affects their own behaviour

The latter of course is what was in the title, so this is the definition that I'll be using.

Really, the answer is quite simple: yes, you can feel emotions without a conscience. Why? Because feeling happy or sad has little to do with ones moral sense of right and wrong (sure, they can be connected depending on the specific situation, but that connection isn't necessary in order to feel said emotions)

For example, people with Antisocial Personality disorder lack the capacity for empathy (essentially, they have no conscience), and tend to be easily angered. Anger, of course, is an emotion. Perhaps without a conscience, ones range of emotions becomes limited, but not removed completely by any means (also, I just thought that I'd make it clear that those with Antisocial Personality disorder can feel emotions other than anger. Lack of a conscience would eliminate emotions like guilt).
Back to top Go down
pyro4994
Mortal Soul
pyro4994

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 pm

jackwabbit wrote:
I think you can but i would like other opinions. (i have a conscience btw)

yes, emotions are triggered by chemicals in the brain Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?   can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience? Empty

Back to top Go down

can you feel emotions even if you dont have a conscience?
Page 1 of 1