Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it worth getting a 360?

Go down 
+24
darko12321
psychomantis666
red_blaze
Psoewish
Friorey
hernan.esquivel
Avernious
Tabarnacos
GabbiJay
faramir545
SgtVoodoo
Italiano951
Angel_Riu
Dripik
TheGreatPUDDING
Tcorb18
phil19uk
furball006
SevenYears
Ichigo
Oracle
jackwabbit
Rey
EnoughSaid
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am

faramir545 wrote:
hernan.esquivel wrote:
just buy an xbox and have fun playing it with the big game selection it has.

faramir545
Ohh yea my friend just bought a 360 and it came with xbox live silver!
Microsoft how cheap are you?
Make you buy an xbox with silver so you go back and buy xbox live gold

thats not true as soon as you get a gamertag you get one month of xbox gold. so your friend must of done something wrong or lied and never actually bought a 360. Evil or Very Mad

well he bought the xbox that comes with kung fu panda and lego indiana jones and he says that it came with sliver, i dont know why but he hasnt bothered to get gold.

Btw my ps3 only laggs if im on the comp at the same time

You using wired or wireless connection? You should set up a service for your ps3 so the two devices don't interfere with each other. Makes the PS3 run smooth.... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 am

And now for the opinion of an "outsider". I own neither of the current gen consoles, but have played them all about the same amount.

The Wii has very fun games, but they can get repetitive after a bit. It's also not so good for lazy gamers who want to just sit there and chill.

Xbox 360 gives hands down the best online experience, but at a price. I'm not speaking in terms of connection speed or anything here, solely on the services that are offered for online play.

PS3 is an all-round good system. There's no real problem with any of the aspects of it, but imo the games on this are the most fun (most action RPG's and hack&slash games tend to be released for PS3, where Xbox is more of a shooter console).

Anyway, I think your choice of console shouldn't be about what OTHER people tell you is best. See for yourself which control system you like the most, what kind of games you want to play, and what online experience you want, from there you make your choice.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am

Tabarnacos wrote:
Tcorb18 wrote:
Even if it does get RRoD you have a 3 year warrenty.... And as for my answer on your question. Yes its worth it. Online gameplay is 5x better then PS3 but only difference is Xbox 360 you have to pay 8$ a month,or 20$ for 3 months, or even 50$ for 13 months. As for PS3 its free but laggy as all hell

Funny to see someone saying that psn is laggy and never even dare touching a ps3 because hes too much a fanboy. The first year, I admit it was laggier but now, no. Its the same thing. If you have a laggy phone internet connexion, Thats just normal. but if ur connexion is ok then your psn is prefectly fine. I own a 360 and except the more people that have a micro on the 360, Its just the same.

How the Fu*k do you know if I've played a PS3 or not. I played the PS3 and when I played it, it was laggy. The connetion was also bresnan high speed net(still laggy). And you a Fu*king douche for calling me a fanboy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
SgtVoodoo
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Tcorb18 wrote:
How the Fu*k do you know if I've played a PS3 or not. I played the PS3 and when I played it, it was laggy. The connetion was also bresnan high speed net(still laggy). And you a Fu*king douche for calling me a fanboy.

You have high speed and its still laggy? Thats the companies fault than, because im on crappy net, and ive played perfectly fine

First warning(from me at least) Your kind of over-reacting a bit, to be honest, you do sound alot like a fanboy, and some other things that I wont say, because thats not acceptable on this forum

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" Should know that by now, I learned that when I was 5
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Its funny to see how emotional people get when people question their console of choice. To me it seems like a they themselves are unsure about their choice so they find a need to convince others? This may not be the case for all people. When debating consoles you have to be open-minded and remember. Your choice was based on your likes. Keep an open mind people. This will add intelligence to our conversations/debates. Cool

However what it boils down to is what each person wants. So all debates are techniqually void Wink .

We have em anyway I love you
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Avernious wrote:
Its funny to see how emotional people get when people question their console of choice. To me it seems like a they themselves are unsure about their choice so they find a need to convince others? This may not be the case for all people. When debating consoles you have to be open-minded and remember. Your choice was based on your likes. Keep an open mind people. This will add intelligence to our conversations/debates. Cool

However what it boils down to is what each person wants. So all debates are techniqually void Wink .

I just got done laughing at the PS3 fanboys for bashing IGN cause they gave Killzone 2 a 9.4.. the fanboys claim "Killzone 2 is perfect" when it's not even out yet.. =/

Fanboyism is what scared this generation. Sure, there have been console wars since the Atari and Amiga but not nearly as bad as this.. =/

Anyways, the PS3 does lag.. but I live half way around the world so that must be the reason.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Rey wrote:
Avernious wrote:

I just got done laughing at the PS3 fanboys for bashing IGN cause they gave Killzone 2 a 9.4.. the fanboys claim "Killzone 2 is perfect" when it's not even out yet.. =/

Fanboyism is what scared this generation. Sure, there have been console wars since the Atari and Amiga but not nearly as bad as this.. =/

Anyways, the PS3 does lag.. but I live half way around the world so that must be the reason.

I saw Adam Sessler rant about Killzone 2. He was a bit childish, but it made me laugh at the end.

About the lag. Its not the PS3 unless its faulty. No console ever really lags. The connection to the console could be causing it. Have you set up a specific service for your PS3 alone? I've done it and my PS3 connects quickly. Everything works so well. Sure I get kicked off every now and then, but thats the hick ups we get with anything... However it pisses me off horribly when my Wii does it... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Rey wrote:

Yeah but back in those days, there was always like one cnosole that really was better than the others. Now we have 3 somewhat equal consoles, which brings a lot of problems. >.>

Also, everyone needs to chill out ... there's really no need to throw around names just because someone else doesn't like the same console as you do.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Psoewish wrote:
Rey wrote:

Yeah but back in those days, there was always like one cnosole that really was better than the others. Now we have 3 somewhat equal consoles, which brings a lot of problems. >.>

Also, everyone needs to chill out ... there's really no need to throw around names just because someone else doesn't like the same console as you do.

I agreed. However, its more so about the games these days and not the console. Without games consoles are almost useless... Technically the PS3 is the most powerful system, but as I stated its not just about the Console itself.

What I'm saying is there still is a console that's better than the others, however its not about the console. Rather its about the games on said console.

For example. I bought a PS3 and a Wii because I love Zelda and Metal Gear Solid. Those games are exclusive to those consoles. Ya know?
Back to top Go down
red_blaze
Strong Soul
red_blaze

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:40 pm

If you have PS3 already, I don't see a point in getting X360.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 pm

red_blaze wrote:
If you have PS3 already, I don't see a point in getting X360.

Agreed. This thread is DONE via this statement. lol
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 2:55 am

Oracle wrote:
Yes it is. All consoles have their flaws, Wii with repetition, Xbox with Red ring and halo, and PS3 with its lack of people online with voice chat, price, and backwards compatibility.

However, if you're gonna get an xbox just get ready for all the shooters that you will be playing, apparently people over 14 only like shooters.

lol not all 14 year olds like shooters

im old school with the N64!(and the new systems) but shooters dont appeal to me...gotta be racing adventure action puzzle and a few shooters i guess
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:19 am

psychomantis666 wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Yes it is. All consoles have their flaws, Wii with repetition, Xbox with Red ring and halo, and PS3 with its lack of people online with voice chat, price, and backwards compatibility.

However, if you're gonna get an xbox just get ready for all the shooters that you will be playing, apparently people over 14 only like shooters.

lol not all 14 year olds like shooters

im old school with the N64!(and the new systems) but shooters dont appeal to me...gotta be racing adventure action puzzle and a few shooters i guess
You're preaching to the choir here. We all know people over 14 don't only like shooters, it's the developers that don't :]
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 am

The 360 is mostly for shooters though. The controller is perfect for it aswell.

I prefer the PS3, but there are few games on the 360 that I would like to play like Banjo and Kazoi, Gears 2 and Fable 2 (Even though Fable 2 disappointed me, I like the combat system).
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:38 am

As I've stated. It all boils down to games, but not just any games. The exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:43 am

Lets say you don't care for any of the exclusives though. The PS3 can take care most of them.

Even Sonic 2006 was atleast playable on the PS3 while on a 360, it sucked.

EDIT: Though I have yet to find a version of Crazy Taxi and Marvel vs Capcom 2 that aren't better than the Dreamcast..
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Rey wrote:
Lets say you don't care for any of the exclusives though. The PS3 can take care most of them.

EDIT: Though I have yet to find a version of Crazy Taxi and Marvel vs Capcom 2 that aren't better than the Dreamcast..

Oh definitally and it has FREE online, a familiar control scheme, and connects to the net wirelessly saving you at least 70 bucks or hastle running wires. Plus it plays Blu-Rays... Eh...
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Avernious wrote:
Rey wrote:

Oh definitally and it has FREE online, a familiar control scheme, and connects to the net wirelessly saving you at least 70 bucks or hastle running wires. Plus it plays Blu-Rays... Eh...
But can it make coffee?

I think not! Razz
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:05 am

That would be a gigantic bonus, but I don't think it'll survive if it was spilled on it.. D:
Back to top Go down
darko12321
Strong Soul
darko12321

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 5:23 am

go for it if u want the red ring
Back to top Go down
Kevxtreme
Elite Soul
Kevxtreme

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 am

I have played a 360 and it's not bad, personally i like Playstation, but after hearing a lot of my friends red ring storys...i rather stay away from it.
Back to top Go down
FrennyFingas
Mortal Soul
FrennyFingas

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:33 pm

i had a xbox 360, it broke down 5 time, so i chucked it and bought a ps3, now im living life happy afro
Back to top Go down
taterfrickintot
Nooblit Soul
taterfrickintot

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:10 pm

yes. i love mine dearly. great games and grea online service = epic win
Back to top Go down
martinezaj25
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:57 pm

It is now. Have you seen E3? Project Natal is insane!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth getting a 360?   Is it worth getting a 360? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a 360?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2