Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
neofran15
Nooblit Soul

Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out? Empty
PostSubject: Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?   Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:53 pm

I have been on this whole getting healthy/ losing weight kick, and I have been doing it gradually like cutting out sodas and then stepping up to drinking water more and more often now I am starting to work out, and do more physical activities like cardio and what have you..
here is my question..Is it terrible to eat after you have a good work out? It is really best for me to go running at about 9:00, so this is after dinner..I'm just wondering if eating (not like a full meal) but like a snack defeats the purpose of working out all together, because honestly after every time I am hungry as all hell.
Thanks for reading =)
-Josh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Neofran15
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?   Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 am

neofran15 wrote:
I have been on this whole getting healthy/ losing weight kick, and I have been doing it gradually like cutting out sodas and then stepping up to drinking water more and more often now I am starting to work out, and do more physical activities like cardio and what have you..
here is my question..Is it terrible to eat after you have a good work out? It is really best for me to go running at about 9:00, so this is after dinner..I'm just wondering if eating (not like a full meal) but like a snack defeats the purpose of working out all together, because honestly after every time I am hungry as all hell.
Thanks for reading =)
-Josh

Thats the best time to eat. I don't really know after you run but say if you went and lifted then thats the best time. But if you were just running everyday or whatever then I'd just have a protein shake. Or a protein smoothie you know with like the protein powder, bananas, strawberrys, and OJ. But it really helps to eat after.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

PostSubject: Re: Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?   Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 pm

you definitely wan to eat after because you want to replace your body with the important nutrients that it lost throughout the workout. Its good to put something in your body after but it has to be good. Having chips after will defeat the purpose and you have a potential of harming your body.

You also want to be careful with eating/drinking protein since you jog so late. Having protein that late might affect your sleeping and eating habits. Maybe try and jog before dinner or have a bowl or cherrios (sp) or something healthy like that if you are going to jog late
Back to top Go down
Adren
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?   Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:09 pm

If you maintained the same routine you can surely achieve what you are looking for right now,I am glad to see the sort of stuff you are doing that will make you get the things just maintain your plans at the moment.

physical therapy software
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?   Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick question-is it bad to eat after you work out?
Page 1 of 1