Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.

Go down 
+5
Tazz626
Rey
red_blaze
Psoewish
Devoured Death
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Devoured Death
Mortal Soul
Devoured Death

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm

In my opinion Street Fighter wins over MK game wise. What games do you like better,who has better characters, storyline etc.
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Street fighter, by a very long shot.

I love Street Fighter and I hate Mortal Kombat so yeah. Razz
Back to top Go down
red_blaze
Strong Soul
red_blaze

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 am

Let's all admit it, Mortal Kombat was only popular because of blood and fatalities. Street Fighter's fighting system owned back then, heck, it still owns today. So yeah, Street Fighter all the way.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:29 am

I hate this comparison.. I don't know why, but I get pissy when people attempt to compare Street Fighter to Mortal Kombat..

I love both equally so, no comparison for me.

EDIT: Blaze, it was also popular for having smart AI that doesn't allow you to spam and can pretty much predict your moves.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
red_blaze
Strong Soul
red_blaze

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:49 am

AI will never have option to predict your moves. It doesn't think, it's programmed. And you can spam in MK with magic attacks very easily.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 am

Only if you time it PERFECTLY. It's really harder to do so than people think.
Back to top Go down
Tazz626
Mortal Soul
Tazz626

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 am

I HATE STREET FIGHTER MK FOR LIFE
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Psoewish wrote:
Street fighter, by a very long shot.

I love Street Fighter and I hate Mortal Kombat so yeah. Razz

red_blaze wrote:
Let's all admit it, Mortal Kombat was only popular because of blood and fatalities. Street Fighter's fighting system owned back then, heck, it still owns today. So yeah, Street Fighter all the way.

I'll leave this here.... (As my statement)

BUT! I'll go more in depth.. Just for you Wink

Street Fighter is a better overall game. However...

Rey wrote:
Blaze, it was also popular for having smart AI that doesn't allow you to spam and can pretty much predict your moves.

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Because the AI didn't seem to different to me when I was a kid. Even going back and playing them I could still pretty much spam my moves. Granted not as easy as a Hadoken.

Depth I'll give to Street Fighter as well. Due to Cancelling, Tick Throwing, Etc... Just little things that just playing the game won't teach you. Things considered "PRO"...

Story... HMMM.... Movie wise I like Mortal Kombat better Razz.. But we're talking games... I'll go with Street Fighter also... JUST BARELY... Because they're both dodgey stories that seem to sometimes change just to add something nonsensical to the mix.

Characters... Street Fighter hands down. There were so colorful and different. Where as in MK you pretty much just had the same character type with different abilities... Granted the occasional 4 armed/ centor. Came a long but that was no big deal....

Welp thats my opinion at least. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Avernious
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 pm

MK beats Street Fighter anyday.
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 pm

HADUKEN! Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:08 am

KidSyndrome101 wrote:
HADUKEN! Nuff said.
IT'S SPELLED HADOUKEN! GET IT RIGHT! D:<
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:20 am

I liked both of the games when they were on the Super Nes. But the newer MK where you are in a arena are stupid. So SF takes it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 am

Rey wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:
HADUKEN! Nuff said.

In the defense of KidSyndrome101... SO many sites spell it different. In fact the game itself has spelled it different a few times. If you have SF4 open the manual to page 35 (PS3 version), its spelled Hadoken. So... I kinda give up trying to spell it correctly. As long as they get close or the point is conveyed I'm fine. lol
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:46 am

Avernious wrote:
Rey wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:
HADUKEN! Nuff said.

In the defense of KidSyndrome101... SO many sites spell it different. In fact the game itself has spelled it different a few times. If you have SF4 open the manual to page 35 (PS3 version), its spelled Hadoken. So... I kinda give up trying to spell it correctly. As long as they get close or the point is conveyed I'm fine. lol
There is not "right" version to spell it since it's a Japanese word in the Western alphabet. There are no specific rules for Romaji spelling and a lot of words come in various forms because of this.

Most notable is the o and ou that's not always the same.

You can spell "thank you" in as arigato or arigatou for this reason. Neither of these is wrong though I personally prefer adding the u because it matches the pronunciation better.

EDIT: though "haduken" is clearly a "wrong" way to spell the world because nobody really does it that way. Smile
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:16 am

Avernious wrote:
Rey wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:
HADUKEN! Nuff said.

Hahaha, Thanks you! i even looked it up on google before i even typed it cause i wassent sure what was the correct version of it. lol

For all i care now ima just call it "FIRE BALL!" Haha!
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:27 am

KidSyndrome101 wrote:
Avernious wrote:
Rey wrote:
KidSyndrome101 wrote:
HADUKEN! Nuff said.

Hahaha, Thanks you! i even looked it up on google before i even typed it cause i wassent sure what was the correct version of it. lol

For all i care now ima just call it "FIRE BALL!" Haha!

No problem. Fireball is actually widely accepted so rock on. lol

Psoewish isn't it kinda contradictory to say there isn't a right or wrong way because of the translation. Then say there is a wrong way? Well as I've said. As long as they attempted and the point is conveyed thats all that matters. Ya know? I understand where you're coming from. At least people aren't typing the letter "U" in substitute of the word "you". lol
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm

I never said it was wrong to spell it that way, just that spelling it with just a u would be considered wrong by most people that don't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

I know there's no rules attached to it and therefore no right way to spell it, but few people do know that and even fewer would spell it with just a u, which is why it is likely considered to be the "most wrong" one by most people.
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Psoewish wrote:
I never said it was wrong to spell it that way, just that spelling it with just a u would be considered wrong by most people that don't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

I know there's no rules attached to it and therefore no right way to spell it, but few people do know that and even fewer would spell it with just a u, which is why it is likely considered to be the "most wrong" one by most people.

"No right" meaning absence of right. Would imply a wrong. Razz

However as I've stated its been spelled so many ways. As long as the point is conveyed. Ya know?
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 5:35 am

In defense? You do know it was a joke, no? XD
Back to top Go down
Avernious
Epic Soul
Avernious

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Rey wrote:
In defense? You do know it was a joke, no? XD

I figured as much. Consider my post to be humorous as well. Cool

However to digress its hard to convey my particular sense of humor on the interwebs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.   Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.
Page 1 of 1