Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
templar_19
Nooblit Soul

Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!! Empty
PostSubject: Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!   Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 am

So I'm trying out this new website to help meet people, and what you're required to do is fill out a profile introducing yourself to others to see if they want to contact you. I have one good friend...a girl (but we're not in a relationship), whom I spilled my worries to regarding making friends and meeting people. She told me I needed to have more self-confidence, and it made a lot of sense; she said confidence is contagious, so if I exude confidence, people will like me. AND she said making friends is simpler than I was thinking.
So I wrote my profile trying to do that...talk myself up, talk about my strengths, etc. I sent it to her for some feedback. She said I was TOO confident, that I came across sounding like an bumm! So NOW I have to go back to analyzing everything I wrote and said with a fine-tooth comb! I thought I was free...that I DIDN'T have to think and scrutinize everything I say and just enjoy myself. I guess not. As much as I like my friend, her advice is driving me nuts. I just want to be me and be liked for it!
Back to top Go down
DtoX
Solid soul
DtoX

PostSubject: Re: Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!   Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:40 am

then just be your self.
ive had a few girlfriends by being my self.
but its had its price to.
but i view life like this. id rather be alone as my self than with someone as someone else.
be your self from now until you die.
as long as you keep looking you will find someone who will fall for you.
it may take a while but would you rather find someone who likes you for who you pretend to be now or wait til you find the one that likes you for who you really are?
but yes confidence is important.
but the most important thing is to just be happy with yourself and who you are.
i hate my self quite alot but im happy with who i am cause im the person i want to be.
of course there are things id like to change but overall im happy aobut my self.
and that helps to grow confidence to.
so learn to accept your self for who you are.
i think that would be a good start
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

PostSubject: Re: Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!   Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!! EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 am

Don't worry about getting her approval with anything, though she is just trying to help. If you need more confidence you'll get it you just have to love yourself for who you are, not who you've been, but who you are. But if right now who you are is shy then be shy, if who you are is tough then be tough. Don't examine you for someone examine you for yourself so you can better your being not be approved by anyone and if you as you are isn't enough then that person doesn't deserve you anyway!! Your a worthy apple so just wait for the one that is willing to reach high to get you.
Be Blessed Surprised
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

PostSubject: Re: Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!   Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!! EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:33 am

If you want you can PM me like numerious amounts of people on here have. Just tell me your specific problem more in detail. If you find what was posted on here useful then no use PMing me but if you need a little more insight don't be afraid to drop me a line
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!   Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Relationships...GAAAAHHHH!!
Page 1 of 1