Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Parents

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Prophet2142
Strong Soul
Prophet2142

The Parents Empty
PostSubject: The Parents   The Parents EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 am

I feel as though i can be quite distant from them and they are distant from me, it's like when i became a teenager a few years ago that that was it and i kinda got left to myself in a way. My bros at uni now so i am on my own with the parents at home, the thing is they don't really ask anything about my life or anything and don't take much of an interest, it's like i am practically a man but i'm not quite at that stage yet. The thing is when my bro comes home from university (and i love him lots by the way) they always ask about his life and what he's been up to and i feel like its always been this way since being very young and i think when i go to uni that when i get back home it will just be like "meh" been there done that for my parents so again they won't take much interest. When me, my parents and my brother go out for a meal the focus is pretty much always on him, i feel as though maybe because i'm the youngest everythings been done with the oldest and i don't get taken seriously, sometimes i feel like i don't want to go to dinner with them anymore but i wouldn't want to hurt there feelings.

What are you thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/Prophet2142
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Parents   The Parents EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 pm

im in the same thing but i actually like it since i get to keep to my self unless its something important
(except i have a sister who i hate lol)
but you should talk them about that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Parents   The Parents EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:57 pm

I am basically the same way right now. It feels good to have someone take interest in your life.

I guess i never really thought about how lucky I am to have a Best Friend like I do. We talk about everything, its so open. We joke sometimes that we are like teenage girls talking about all their problems. hahah.

But i really feels to good to be able to say anything and just get it out no matter how stupid or deep the question is.

I think that it will change as you get older. Right now your parents don't see you brother much because he is gone (i am guessing he goes to uni in another city or state).

I know this is not true but right now your parents are basically like "meh, i don't need to show interest in my sons life (you), he is at that stage were his parents aren't important anymore"

Or it could be like that old saying "you don't know what you have until its gone". Meaning that your parents won't fully appreciate you untill you left for like "summer camp" for example and came back.

You honestly need to talk to them about it, because parents don't realize that teenagers nowadays have that stage in there early teens were they "hate" there parents then later on around 16,17, 18, we start to appreciate them. Parents just can't tell when you change from the "hate" zone to the "caring zone"

talking to them will really help
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Parents   The Parents EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 pm

I know how you feel I felt like all the focus was on my 3 neices and nephew(who are only a couple years younger) more then on the things I needed. But if you talk to your parents and tell them how you feel then I think they'll understand and try to make time for you and not put all there attention on your brother. Unless you have the type of parents that talking never makes a bit of difference I know about those types to. flower
Back to top Go down
darko12321
Strong Soul
darko12321

The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Parents   The Parents EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Dude im in the same place it sucks at some points i feel like i did somethin wrong and they dont want to talk to me but even doh i know its not coz of that it eats me from the inside out =/

Now im doing dumb bumm things to get atenchin by pulling of pranks and pissing them of i know i get out of hand sometime but i like i when they get mad at me coz then i know that im still here apart of the family i know its a t odd. NOT! saying you should start getting your parents mad. Aw i guess it will change soon. Oh and im not trying to make my parents sound bad i love them very much and i know they care about me but sometimes i wish i was little. I know this didnt really help you out sorry dude but at least you know your not the only one, i guess it helps me know that.

PS: sorry if some words are missing i checked it but you know might have missed something my keyboard is almost dead lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Parents   The Parents Empty

Back to top Go down

The Parents
Page 1 of 1