Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top 5 Games Of All Time?

Go down 
+15
EnoughSaid
yankeefan199
raynel6988
Ichigo
shiddywalkk
JohnnyApple
they call me james
Italiano951
Hjerde
faramir545
MrKalius
Friorey
Rey
Psoewish
phil19uk
19 posters
AuthorMessage
phil19uk
Strong Soul

Top 5 Games Of All Time? Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:12 am

Post your top 5 games of all time here and why?

1. Call of duty 1 (PC): The first game I really played with "clans", used to play this with my Rl friends and it was such a blast working out map positions, using team speak or being the last man alive and winning the match!

2. Golden Eye (N64): Playing Golden Eye was amazing, from the destructible objects to the multiplayer just a top notch game.

3. Total War series: Total war games have always been excellent, turn based stragety with massive battles from the shogan to rome, always left a lasting impression on me! Cant wait for Empire! I always used to watch time commander, that was....fun

4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assult: This was my first true multiplayer gaming experience on the PC, and I loved it! Freeze Tag was and still is a ton of fun.

5. World of Warcraft: The first MMO i ever played for a long period of time, never really liked MMOs before this game. From getting the latest piece of loot to beating my friends in duels.

There are loads more games that could be listed here, but these are the games that really affected my attitude about gaming. Very Happy

So what about you?
Back to top Go down
Psoewish
Epic Soul
Psoewish

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 am

Alright then :]

1) Legend of Zelda ... with my favorite title being A Link to the Past.
2) Half Life franchise ... a really awesome story with fun gameplay.
3) Soul Blazer series (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time (Illusion of Gaia in the US) & Terranigma)
4) Banjo-Kazooie.
5) Secret of Evermore ... one of the most underrated games imo. Yes I know it isn't a sequel to Secret of Mana ... that does NOT automatically make it crap >.>
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:49 am

I can't choose 5 only so I'll pick Ten! =D

10. Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors - Xbox. Action gaming at it's finest. It's one of the most badass experiances you'll ever have on the Xbox. Infact, it's one of the few games worth owning an Xbox for.

9. Fable: The Lost Chapter - Xbox. This is the best RPG game I played. technically, it's an Action RPG, but it's one of the best experiances I've had in any game. it's just great.

8. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - PS. GREAT gameplay. GREAT innovations. GREAT Story. GREAT Game.

7. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - PS. God.. this was one of the first games II played on the PS.. the only word to explain it: Magical.

6. Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - PSP. What happens when you combined two of the best Castlevania games TOGETHER?! you get this fantastic games. it's worth buying a PSP just for this game.

5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - PS. I got stuck between MGS4 and MGS.. MGS4 was just perfect compared to many games though..

4. Contra 4 - DS. Again, combined two of the best Contra games, Contra and Super C, while including a FANTASTIC sequel.. that's Contra 4.. the most badass game on the DS or any freakin Handheld..

3. Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes - Arcades. Sigh... seriously.. do I need to explain this one?! It's the best fighting game evAr!! many characters, the characters are different in many ways, great style of fighting AND it's FAST! the only downside is the jazzy music..

Now I know I said ten.. but I really prefer to keep the top two a secret.. NOBODY knows them..
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Friorey
Epic Soul
Friorey

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Video That I made About my Top ten video Games

oh and i made the video long time ago so games like Dead Space and resistance 2 weren't out

Last edited by Friorey on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : the video didn't work)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html
MrKalius
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: The top 5   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm going to say it here and now, Come on! I think that EVERYONE On these forums know that the BEST are always the classics. I mean personally my top 5 would have to be going around, the legend of Zelda seres, the Mario games franchise and fable or fable 2. Although I didn't play fable 2 yet I am guessing that it is still going to be a pretty bad bumm game. I couldn't really decide on a top 5 games but I'll give it a shot.

1) Fable - Its just, Freedom!!
2) Legend of Zelda (Majoras mask) - Whoa! Awesome concept!
3) Mario world - CLASSICAL
4) Sonic adventure 2 - I really can't stop playing this one
5) Chrono trigger - I love the involvement in technology when this game was released.

- MrKalius ~ Soul speaker
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/mrkalius
faramir545
Epic Soul
faramir545

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:22 pm

I cant choose from all time but my favorites that i own are:
Call of Duty World at War
Little Big Planet
Fifa 09
Resistance 2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/faramir545
Hjerde
Helpful Soul
Hjerde

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Top of my head.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Gta 4

Call Of Duty 4 and 5

World of Warcraft

Battlefield 2
Back to top Go down
Italiano951
Strong Soul
Italiano951

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Morrowind: you can do anything lol killing the man good guy never felt so good lol
Little Big planet: dude why not lol creating levels is fun
Uncle festers adventure....no im jk i HATE that game =)
GTAIV:best of the million they made
Zelda:any is fine they are all fun
FF7:one of best RPG ever
Back to top Go down
they call me james
Nooblit Soul
they call me james

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:41 pm

im more of a halo 3 guy myself.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyApple
Nooblit Soul
JohnnyApple

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:56 pm

5. Counter Strike 1.6 Razz not a big source fan but cs 1.6 is something ive been playing for the past few years (still suck tho)
4. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time , one of the first games i played
3. Legend Of Dragoon, good ps1 game if youve never heard of it Razz
2. Call of Duty 4 (havent played 5 yet) one of my favorite games that i own at the moment
1. Have a feeling im going to get bashed on for this but Final Fantasy 7, i hate to be unoriginal but its just a game i love Razz

and like all my top5 or top10 i might change this up a bit xD i just love all my games
Back to top Go down
shiddywalkk
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:25 pm

5. Dead Rising ( What's better than killing zombies?
4. CSS (it's kinda of like real life but it also has a lot of mods like prison break and zombie mod)
3. Battlefield: Bad company (the sound is just amazing on the PS3 and Xbox)
2. HL:2 (Gordon Freeman is my hero, 'nuff said)
1. Garry's Mod ( the possibilities in what you can do in this game is endless)

Honorable mentions:
COD:WaW(Hardest game of all time)
HL2:EP2 (I thought the first HL2 was better)
Team Fortress 1 and 2 ( I remember I would play these games for hours and hours at a time)
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:27 pm

1. Halo
2. World of warcraft
3. Contra
4. Super mario brothers
5. Golden eye/perfect dark.

Don't really feel like listing reasons why, but those are my top 5 off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
raynel6988
Strong Soul
raynel6988

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:40 pm

resident evil 4
god of war 1
god of war 2
mgs 4
left 4 dead

loves em all
Back to top Go down
yankeefan199
Nooblit Soul
yankeefan199

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm

5.- Any Super Mario Game Come on it's Mario
4.- Zelda Twilight Prince
3.- Madden
2.- Guitar Hero
1.- Galaga
Back to top Go down
Http://www.myspace.com/yankeefan60
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:13 pm

I couldn't really decide.

1) Uncharted Drake's Fortune
2) Any game in The Call of Duty Series
3) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
4) Left 4 Dead - Even though I don't own a 360 i played it and love it!
5) Little Big Planet
Back to top Go down
phil19uk
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Some great games listed, its very hard to pick. Btw damn you lazy people, wont list why lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: Damn... hard question!   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:51 am

This is a hard question to answer for me... i've played so much games!
But at the top of my head.

1. Secret of Mana (SNES - This one I am 100% sure of!)
2. World of WarCraft (I had to stop playing it, to adictive... but still, a AMAZING game!)
3. Diablo 2 (Many hours spent on this aswell)
4. Zelda (Twilight Princess)
5. God of War 1 ( I thought this one was better than the sequal)

Many good games left behind here... so from 2-5 place, not 100% sure.
They could easly be repaced by games like:
Super Mario Galaxy - Zelda: A link to the past - StarCraft - WarCraft 3 - Punsh Out - Probotector... the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgangsterrap
Mortal Soul
oldschoolgangsterrap

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Ive not got a prepared list but my favourite game of all time is GTA san andreas ok looks stupid now but it had a great location, good music and great story plus it was just fun which you want from a game
Back to top Go down
Loko
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:41 pm

1) Grand Theft Auto: SA (Soon to be Killzone2, Sure of it Very Happy ) - Just a great game to play with friends and when your bored!
2) Saints row 2 - Amazing story, very addictive and very changable... it has what GTA 4 missed
3) Legend of zelda: Twilight Princess - Loved the story and the boss battles.
4) LittleBigPlanet - Cute, Simple, amazing play made levels
5) Grand theft auto: IV (Not as good as the older ones No ) Great graphics and phytics, missed alot out of what GTA means to me
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/paullok0
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:03 pm

People need to try some old games.. I noticed not many give them any respect just because they don't have cutting edge graphics..
Back to top Go down
Loko
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Well, Im not really that old, First game I really remember playing is pokemon, which wasnt really that good. I dont pick the above games because of graphics
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/paullok0
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:35 pm

There are emulators available. I don't care if people think emulators are bad.. If you're paying 10$ for something you can get for free, you're being screwed, seriously..

EDIT: oh, that doesn't include pirating........
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgangsterrap
Mortal Soul
oldschoolgangsterrap

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 am

Loko wrote:
Well, Im not really that old, First game I really remember playing is pokemon, which wasnt really that good. I dont pick the above games because of graphics

yeh same for both points
Back to top Go down
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Games Of All Time?   Top 5 Games Of All Time? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Heres some of my favorite games,I still have lots of other favorites though.

Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid 4
GTA 4
Half Life 2
Pikmin 2
Gears of War 2
Team Fortress 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content