Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fear of the outside

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

fear of the outside Empty
PostSubject: fear of the outside   fear of the outside EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:14 pm

im not sure this gos in this section but a wile ago i had to stay after school for school help
and after i left me and my friend were going to the bus stop and some guy jumped us(he took our money...well my friends since i had none)
me and my friend went to the bus stop but then we went back to the school to get the police(im not really the strongest guy you'd meet) so ever since ive been a little freaked to stay after school (if i dont stay alot of kids go to the bus stop so thats when im feeling ok but im getting driven to school for a wile) i got me a little stressed and made me really paranoid outside of school

if any one could help give me ideas to get my courage up that would be awsome
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Ethakametrius
Nooblit Soul
Ethakametrius

PostSubject: Re: fear of the outside   fear of the outside EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Well first things first, don't let it control you. Sometimes these things happen and there is no way you can control it, but it doesn't have to control you. Of course it's a frightening idea, but there are things you can do to boost both your courage and your strength.

• Start working out, go for jogs early in the morning or lift some weights if you're old enough to do that sort of thing. Try out some pushups, sit ups, other things like that. Not only does it leave you feeling greatly fulfilled, but it also boosts your strength, decreasing the chance of muggers giving you that kind of glance.[/*]

• Join a self defence class, or check out some online. Anything that can give you an upper hand in a bad situation is both a confidence boost and a good idea.[/*]

• Talk about how it made you feel. Get those feelings out. It helps, trust me.[/*]

• When you do go out, try to keep to brightly lit places, and stay in a group if you can.[/*]

• Finally, don't take your valuables out when you go through dangerous areas. If they see it, they want it.[/*]

Some people will tell you to carry a weapon, but this is the worst thing to do. Not only can you get arrested for it, but if you draw a weapon on a person, the situation is more likely to become dangerous. If you're threatened by a man with a knife, or a gun, the best thing to do is to always give him what he wants, but remember to keep your head, keep calm, and above all remember what he looks like!

Meditation can help with keeping cool, and having a set plan for certain situations can also help you keep your head.
Back to top Go down
psychomantis666
Elite Soul
psychomantis666

PostSubject: Re: fear of the outside   fear of the outside EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm

il try all that but im not sure about exercising since im 14 and one of my friends said you should be 16 or so befor working out but thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kingluigi9
Ethakametrius
Nooblit Soul
Ethakametrius

PostSubject: Re: fear of the outside   fear of the outside EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 pm

You are a bit young to be doing things to the point of extreme, but there is no age limit on exercise. A defence class is still in the cards if you want to up your confidence a bit in that area, but try not to let it worry you too much at this stage.

You're young, and it's hard to come out on top when you're that age, but don't sweat over it, things get better, believe me.
Back to top Go down
Little_SOUL-1914
Strong Soul
Little_SOUL-1914

PostSubject: Re: fear of the outside   fear of the outside EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:50 pm

yo yo

im 14 to man, and ill agree with the dude above me. some weight lifting wont hurt, neither will alittle joging and stuff.

but ill mostly agree with the self defence classes.

Last edited by Little_SOUL-1914 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : crappy spelling.....sorry)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/spartansarmy666
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fear of the outside   fear of the outside Empty

Back to top Go down

fear of the outside
Page 1 of 1