Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fear Anxiety

Go down 
+3
ScottishSoLdier
Ruff_Diamond
digital_urn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
digital_urn
Nooblit Soul

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:20 am

Hey guys I am Digital_urn

I have been suffering from Anxiety for the last half a year that I have brought on to myself.
You see I am graffiti artist form Dallas Texas, so I paint illegal graffiti (I am not a vandal I dont write rude
things like "f*** you" what I do is artistic) I don't paint to be a vandal or anything like that, I just want to show
the people my art and what I have to say and show them that I am somebody and not just anyone.

But here is the problem where I live Dallas where there are a lot of gangs, so I am always In fear that I might be
paint in the wrong area and my main fear and the source of my Anxiety, I know very well that what
I am doing is illegal and now that my name in graffiti is getting bigger in the Dallas graffiti world
I fear getting arrested so bad that I want cry when I am walking a cop car drive by me and its even gotten so
bad that at night I hear cop cars in my head when I am trying to sleep and I have dreams of the
police coming to get me.

To tell the truth I don't know what I want you guys to say to help I think I feels good for me to just put my
true fear out here like this, but I if you have something to say reply or pm me I am up for talking.

thanks guys for listening.
thanks DiGiTiLsOuL for the outlet.

Last edited by digital_urn on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruff_Diamond
Helpful Soul
Ruff_Diamond

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:08 am

maybe take a little break from the whole graffiti thing and try painting pictures etc. if you have the time try going on a holiday/vacation type thing just to get out. the more you get out and try new stuff the more it helps with the anxiety well this is what i have found any way.

hope u feel better soon
Back to top Go down
ScottishSoLdier
Nooblit Soul
ScottishSoLdier

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:14 pm

My best suggestion is that you stop and take a break from it because it could get pretty bad if gangs get involved with you so possibly just do graffitti onto paper and sell it, if you are creative enough ppl will come to see your work.
Back to top Go down
they call me james
Nooblit Soul
they call me james

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 pm

hey man anxiety is my middle name...it sux,i deal with it all the time.the best thing to do is stop doing whatever is giving you the anxiety,or tell yourself would i rather continue what im doing and have anxiety,or stop what im doing and fell better.alright man good luck!
Back to top Go down
digital_urn
Nooblit Soul

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks guys for your opinions and I am going to start working on canvas work and sell also I been doing peoples room for money.
I don't think I am really to give up the graffiti just yet, and that maybe selfish because I have put my family threw hell as well as my girlfriend.

Graffiti messed up my life, My life would be mess up without graffiti.
Back to top Go down
misscupcake
Helpful Soul
misscupcake

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:43 am

What about posting your art online too? What about deviantart.com ?

If you are so worried about being caught, dont do it anymore. It isnt worth it. I am very artistic so I understand the need to be creative and just do your art, but if it's illegal then it's no good. There are other ways to express yourself Smile

You should post some of your canvas work on this forum when you get some done! Very Happy
I'd like to see it hehehe Smile
xx
Back to top Go down
Prophet2142
Strong Soul
Prophet2142

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 pm

I would suggest you take a break from it to see how things work out, like the others have suggested try doing some large canvas work in your graffitti style, you say your putting your family and girlfriend through hell, well you need to think whats more important them or graffitti?
I myself would stay off the graffitti scene if gangs are starting to get involved and maybe the police it could get serious if you did carry on anymore so i would advise to stop, i would focus on painting and canvas work definitely and hey you could try selling those works and make money, maybe even start a career.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/Prophet2142
skulljoint
Helpful Soul
skulljoint

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:28 am

Well obviously, graffiti has become some sort of a religion to you.
You hate what you have to carry with it, even though it is your passion.
This paranoia is you telling yourself that if you keep doing this, something bad will happen.
You're basicly predicting the future. So i suggest you find something else you love.
Maybe for a few weeks or longer. Whenever you feel safe again.
It really depends on you. Do i want that experience to happen to me or not....probably not. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fear Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Anxiety   Fear Anxiety Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear Anxiety
Page 1 of 1