Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

does anxiety cause fast heart beat?

Go down 
+3
Ichigo
jackwabbit
BlackWidow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

does anxiety cause fast heart beat? Empty
PostSubject: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 pm

just wondering.

Last edited by BlackWidow on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jackwabbit
Epic Soul
jackwabbit

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

i think you shoud google that dude
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 pm

rather hear it from people with experiance.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm not doctor so I can't say for sure, but when I have panic/anxiety attacks it seems so.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Mortal Soul
Dave

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Yes, anxiety or panic cause the heart to beat faster. "Panic, whether real or imagined causes the release of adrenaline, the 'fight or flight' hormone which increases the heart rate to prepare you for fighting or running away." (source)
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm

how about just hard pounding?
cuz im having that and thats only explantion.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Somtimes, as an anxiety sufferer I tend to focus on certain aspects of my body, one is my heart, I become physically aware of it to the point where I can hear and feel it beating so maybe you ar experiencing this.

When it beats hard and fast are you panicking at the time? Or do you mean randomly it beats fast even when you're calm and relaxed?

Obviously when you're in a panic your heart will beat fast, very fast so if you're only experiencing it when your in a panic or anxious at that moment in time it is most likely the effect of that.
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm

yea i can feel it beating but not always hear unless i focus

and whem im calm (or at least i think iam) it still beating but not fast just pouding, its weird
and yea as soon as i hear it beating im in panic
but what makes it beat in the first place?? =[
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:23 pm

My heart beats so fast when I have emotional problems and what not.
It proble would beat if you have anxiety..
but google it that should work :/ I'm not a doctor ether.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 pm

and how do u guys treat it?
Back to top Go down
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

I can usually calming myself down by thinking of something that makes me happy and taking deep breaths.
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:21 am

BlackWidow wrote:
just wondering.

Yes, it's called an anxiety attack. Allot of people have them including myself. Don't worry, it's nothing fatal, it's just your heart having palpatations from a sudden secretion of adrenaline into the bloodstream. Most people get minor anxiety attacks, which they refer to as "Butterflys in their stomach". Major anxiety attacks can feel like your heart is going to fly out of your chest. It's beating so hard that it feels painfull.

Anxiety attacks can lead to Hyperventilation. Thats also is nothing fatal. Worse thing that could happen is you pass out or "Faint". Atter that your heart will return to normal as will your breathing.

Remember, if you have an anxiety attack. Slow your breathing, calm down. Thinking your going to die from it is the wrong thing to do, because you wont.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 am

BlackWidow wrote:
yea i can feel it beating but not always hear unless i focus

and whem im calm (or at least i think iam) it still beating but not fast just pouding, its weird
and yea as soon as i hear it beating im in panic
but what makes it beat in the first place?? =[

Well like I said earlier I think you're just focusing on your heart and because of that you're feeling its movement, the only thing you can do is just accept it, don't worry about it, nothing is wrong it's just that when you feel it it's obviously setting something off in your head which makes you panic.

Are you worried that something is going to happen when your heart is beating? Because to reasure you it's a well known fact that noone in the history of mankind has ever died from a panic attack, and it can't possibly last for ever. As long as you reasure youreself with that (which is hard in the middle of panic I know) you'll gradually come to a point where you're relaxed. And hey if you can still feel your heart beating just accept it and try to focus on other things.

As for coping with a panic attack I know a few ways, first have a drink of water, a cold drink helps, also try to take your mind of it, watch a film you like or a game you enjoy, and if that's not poissible where you are just think about it. And finally probably the one that works best is just talk to somebody, you don't need to talk about your panic attack but talking to someone takes you mind of it and gives you something to think about.
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks guys i will try that
i and i dont fear dying from panic attack it just sucks big time Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:10 pm

i have another question
how long does it last for u guys?
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:06 pm

BlackWidow wrote:
i have another question
how long does it last for u guys?

An anxiety attack can last as long as your feeling stressed about something. This isn't something you can put a timestamp on.

If your having one, sit down and take a deep breath and tell yourself everything is cool. It will be over within a matter of seconds.

It's that easy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anxiety cause fast heart beat?   does anxiety cause fast heart beat? Empty

Back to top Go down

does anxiety cause fast heart beat?
Page 1 of 1