Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?

Go down 
+5
Shelbyliciouss
misscupcake
Azenith
Ichigo
Tcorb18
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? Empty
PostSubject: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 am

OK so heres the thing i really dont know what to do with life.. i mean im not think about suicide sense with catigory is depression. but when i think about it i have nothing going for me.. sense i dont have a job,high school diploma/ged, or even a car,drivers licence yea i know pretty pathetic but i have a reason why i dont have the DL. well anyways i dont know what i should get first cuz i need a DL to get to the places.....but i also need money to get my DL and GED but i dont wanna have to bum rides from everyone to get to work or even look for a job. becuz now days its hard to find a job
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timcorbitt
Ichigo
Epic Soul
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:55 am

I would say get the drivers license first, it's pretty much a priority. I'm 22 and I don't have mine yet and I wish I did, but at the moment my job allows me not to. I also have reasons I don't have it.

I would say get your drivers license, then go looking for a job since it'll be easier because you have more options. After that work on the GED. You can get a job without a diploma/ged if you look in the right area.

Set up your priority's and do them 1 at a time. You don't need to be fast about it, having a plan is a start. I'm a slow working person. If I don't do it at my own pace I won't be happy, and well lets face it being happy is what people want.

I'm sure someone would help you out money wise to get your drivers license.

It's not pathetic not to have things. Sometimes all you need is a point in the right direction. I thought the same thing for a long time. Wow i'm pathetic because I don't have A, B, and C. I finally realized it's not the case. Some people just have a hard time getting off their feet, nothing wrong with that.

Dunno if this helps, but those are my thoughts.

I think after you get a license and a job. Everything else will fall into place eventually.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 am

Thanks man it does help... and im glad someone actually made the effort to help
Back to top Go down
Azenith
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 pm

This might sound a little harsh, but please don't take offense as I do mean well.
Personally, I think you should just get off your bum and get that job to pay for your license. If you really want that driving license then I suggest you give it your all. Many successful people didn't get to where they got to by being put off by seeing the challenge of what was ahead of them. No pain no gain as they say. So if you really want it then you gotta do what you gotta do. Even the best of us all has to start from somewhere and don't think that it is ever too late.

Believe in yourself more and give yourself the time to get there. Life is never going to offer you anything, it is simply what you make of it.

You can get a job, whether its a crappy one, it's still a job, and you'll just have to work your way up from there like most of us have to. Don't think that just because you don't have the qualification doesn't mean you're less able, it also doesn't at all prove that someone is by any means more intelligent than someone who doesn't. Far from. You're not pathetic man, you just need that motivation to become the person that you want to be.

I think getting that job first would be a better start for you, as that way you'll be able to pay for your driving lessons etc. If it means getting help or rather as you say "bumming" off of someone, then so be it. It's not gonna be forever right? People are really nothing in this world without eachother. And as the forum is all about, no one should ever be allowed to be alone.
Back to top Go down
misscupcake
Helpful Soul
misscupcake

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:46 am

Someone close to me is in this situation also. Except he is happy to do nothing all day, he just plays wow.

It's a good sign that you are worried about it and want advice Very Happy
That means you want to help yourself! Which is the first step to anything good! Very Happy

I dont know what GED means... And I agree with the second person who posted in this thread, who said getting your license is very important.

But it isnt impossible to have a job without a license. Maybe you could catch a bus or train or something?

Either way, if you really want work and a license, you can make them happen if you keep trying Very Happy

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Shelbyliciouss
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 am

I think you should write down all your thoughts and what has happened the last few years of your life to lead to where you are right now. Then read through it and see what you tried and what hasn't worked. Look to see if there are any patterns. What you need to realize is in order to change, you have to change..which means trying a different approach so you can succeed this time. Also realize that each time you try and fail you are just learning what works and what doesn't so in actuality you are a step closer to your goal. Basically you know what you have to do..even if it means starting out working at McDonalds. Do what you have to do to get what you want. And know that its not permanent, you're just working up to get to where you want to be..and each day that you do it you are a day closer to your goal. When I have a difficult situation that I'm dealing with I find it easier not to dwell on it...which means just do it without thinking about it. Like just put yourself on autopilot lol. But find out where you can take the ged or study for it..i know someone who got there GED and its not expensive (you can call to find out though, I know you have to sign up for the test date).
Like today why don't you make a list of things to do? Look online and call to get information about getting your ged in your area, also get some job applications. You are capable of it, just force yourself to do it and think about how good it will feel to have it all done. Its good to plan but also remember to take one day at a time.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:55 am

Shelbyliciouss wrote:
I think you should write down all your thoughts and what has happened the last few years of your life to lead to where you are right now. Then read through it and see what you tried and what hasn't worked. Look to see if there are any patterns. What you need to realize is in order to change, you have to change..which means trying a different approach so you can succeed this time. Also realize that each time you try and fail you are just learning what works and what doesn't so in actuality you are a step closer to your goal. Basically you know what you have to do..even if it means starting out working at McDonalds. Do what you have to do to get what you want. And know that its not permanent, you're just working up to get to where you want to be..and each day that you do it you are a day closer to your goal. When I have a difficult situation that I'm dealing with I find it easier not to dwell on it...which means just do it without thinking about it. Like just put yourself on autopilot lol. But find out where you can take the ged or study for it..i know someone who got there GED and its not expensive (you can call to find out though, I know you have to sign up for the test date).
Like today why don't you make a list of things to do? Look online and call to get information about getting your ged in your area, also get some job applications. You are capable of it, just force yourself to do it and think about how good it will feel to have it all done. Its good to plan but also remember to take one day at a time.

the GED runs about 55$ i barely have any cash to my name and its not that i havent tried to get a job i mean hard where i live lol but ill keep trying and i appriciate your advice
Back to top Go down
gamerguy18
Nooblit Soul
gamerguy18

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am

you should go to a friend have him take you to get your dl and pay for it but pay him back because its not that much. the it will give you more hope look for a job close you dont need to be far away just wastes gas i suggest mcdonalds or something like that just to get you started while you get your ged then you can go further in life maybe someday even college but just start small and it will thurn out ok
Back to top Go down
Shelbyliciouss
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 2:54 am

Start saving like a dollar a day if you can...if you got a job even for a week part time you could make more than that. Definitely keep us updated! I recently went through a similar situation last year where i kind of had to start my life over. (As embarrassing as it is to say) I had an eating disorder and basically isolated myself, believe it or not I went through a period where I was so depressed I stopped getting out of bed and had to be home schooled for a while..But I started praying and things got better little by little. I'm in college now and things are going good for the most part...again I'm just taking it one day at a time lol. But I will say a prayer for you. And although I don't know a lot about your situation just know that other people have gone through/ are going through similar things. If you ever want to talk you can send me a message or whatever (I don't know if you can do that on here lol, I'm new to forums).
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:30 am

Tcorb18 wrote:
OK so heres the thing i really dont know what to do with life.. i mean im not think about suicide sense with catigory is depression. but when i think about it i have nothing going for me.. sense i dont have a job,high school diploma/ged, or even a car,drivers licence yea i know pretty pathetic but i have a reason why i dont have the DL. well anyways i dont know what i should get first cuz i need a DL to get to the places.....but i also need money to get my DL and GED but i dont wanna have to bum rides from everyone to get to work or even look for a job. becuz now days its hard to find a job

First off, your 18 years old man. You can get ALL of this stuff done in a year time easily. Take it slow, life is NOT going to pass you by.

Like I tell everyone... enjoy life, enjoy yourself. Life isn't all about breaking your back working, or trying to impress other people. it's YOUR life, you do what YOU want to do with it. Did I mention your only 18? You have so much time man...
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Remo wrote:
Tcorb18 wrote:

First off, your 18 years old man. You can get ALL of this stuff done in a year time easily. Take it slow, life is NOT going to pass you by.

Like I tell everyone... enjoy life, enjoy yourself. Life isn't all about breaking your back working, or trying to impress other people. it's YOUR life, you do what YOU want to do with it. Did I mention your only 18? You have so much time man...

Yeah I know I'm still young but I kinda feel like a loser. Sense all my friends are in college and I didn't even finish highschool. I also know it will take time to get caught up.
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Tcorb18 wrote:
Yeah I know I'm still young but I kinda feel like a loser. Sense all my friends are in college and I didn't even finish highschool. I also know it will take time to get caught up.

Finish highschool first. These days, you can't get anywhere without an education.. unless you're related to Bush.

But education should come first.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:41 am

Tcorb18 wrote:
Remo wrote:
Tcorb18 wrote:

I dont have a GED and I'm 23.

Yes, having that useless piece of toilet paper is important. I did everything without it, but it's still important to people. Why I don't know, I ask myself that every day. If a person can do the work, why not let them WORK.

Whatever, I choose to do things my own way.

Last edited by Remo on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizard King
Elite Soul
Lizard King

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Don't worry too much, you've got a lot of time to straighten out your priorities and get a hold of your life.
a license is good thing to have but not necessary, you need your GED to get a decent job, I'd suggest taking classes for that as well as get a part time job. Get your license and a car. And once you've got your GED either look for the job you want or save up some money for even more school and you'll be set. I don't consider your situation pathetic you just have a lot on your plate and have to figure our what is best. Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Tcorb18
Epic Soul
Tcorb18

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah all of your guy's posts really helped. Thank you for helping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?   I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

I dont know what to do? Anyone have any advice?
Page 1 of 1