Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The World Ends with You - Nintendo DS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chocozuma
Nooblit Soul

The World Ends with You - Nintendo DS Empty
PostSubject: The World Ends with You - Nintendo DS   The World Ends with You - Nintendo DS EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Has anyone played this game?!?! I love it! It's an active RPG by Square and the guys behind Kingdom Hearts. The main thing I wanna get into is the combat. I could go on and on about the rest but I'm gonna keep this simple, you guys can reply if you wanna and talk about the story but my favorite part was the combat. You control one character on the bottom screen by touching, tapping, and even blowing in the mic to do attacks and move around the screen kinda like Phantom Hourglass. Simultaneously your controlling the character on the top screen using the D-Pad to do what I like to call Mini-DDR-Combos where you might press right-right-up-left and the character on the top screen will attack one of the monsters. If your having trouble understanding what I'm talking about here's a video so you can understand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdaTphfvaEY
The green puck you see being passed back and forth between the players is so you can keep a rhythm between the top and bottom screen.

I lied, I'm gonna talk about the story as well. The story is that your a boy named Neku stuck in a boro of Tokyo name Shibuya. Shibuya is an actual place in Tokyo where fashion is key. In fact, if you where the right threads in certain areas of Shibuya your attack and defense will go up in battle. So as you can see, fashion is a big deal in this game. I was turned off by this at first but once you get really into the game you kinda dig the whole concept. I got bored with upgrading in regular RPG's with dumb boring stuff like bronze armor, iron boots et cetera, this is a nice and unique change. In TWEWY it's fashion or die. Neku also wears pins on his cloths witch give him certain powers. So, on with the story; Neku wakes up in the middle of Shibuya and has a timer on his hand telling him he's only got seven days to live. It's all very confusing in the beginning until he meets Shiki; his first partner. She explains to him that they are in fact dead and are in the "Reapers Game" where the goal is to do missions for Reapers across Shibuya and survive the monsters for seven days. There's much more then that but you'll have to play to find out Smile.

I lied again, I'm gonna talk about the art and music now too Smile. The art design in this game is amazing! It reminds me of Jet Set Radio mixed with Kingdom Hearts. It's all very urban and anime, a very unique art stile indeed. The music is also great. It's a mix of J-Pop and 90's rap, some of it gets kinda repetitive and annoying but you can always turn the tunes down. The writing in this game is great, especially for an RPG. They use a lotta slang in it to make it seem more interesting which works and isn't cheesy.

If you liked games like Kingdom Hearts, Secret of Mana, or Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII then you'll definitely love this game. It's my favorite of 2008 and I give it two thumbs up.
Back to top Go down

The World Ends with You - Nintendo DS
Page 1 of 1