Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Real Game of 2008

Go down 
+13
Friorey
Remo
phil19uk
TheSilentOn1
GhoStLead3r93
Lizard King
Prophet2142
Axon
BlackWidow
Oracle
furball006
Rey
EnoughSaid
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EnoughSaid
Elite Soul
EnoughSaid

The Real Game of 2008 Empty
PostSubject: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Im not sure but I think GTA IV won GOTY 2008 But I think it should go to MGS4 what do u guys think/
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 pm

MGS4 won actually. Atleast that's what everybody says.
Back to top Go down
http://nplanet.net
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:54 pm

lol....... stupid politics, gta 4 is the worst in the series.
Back to top Go down
Oracle
Mortal Soul
Oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 pm

furball006 wrote:
lol....... stupid politics, gta 4 is the worst in the series.
DON'T SAY THINGS IF YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 pm

I can, they're boring. :3
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:08 pm

cmon GTA isnt boring its the best relistic story line ever in game (right after brother in arms series)
unlike retarded bumm kyne and lynch or RAIN BOW SIX vegas 2 which has NO story line at all just go aroud shoot people
GTA is not another game that is made for gamers like SA which was very commorcial like
GTA IV they did what they want like it or not...
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Realistic.. riiiight..

Let me remind you of a game called Fable.. First, it's no secret that GTA has larger levels than Fable.. However, Fable offers a much bigger experiance.

In Fable, EVERYTHING you do effects the world around you including how people react towards you, fear and respect, aswell as how you look like aswell. In GTA, if you masscre the whole town, it doesn't do anything aside from the police wanting to hunt you down till you get out of prison.

In conclusion, Fable, the FANTASY game, is more realistic than GTA. if being realistic is what GTA wanted, then it's an epic fail. Plus you can't deny it gets boring after an hour or two..
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 pm

i got nothin against gta, gta 4 is just the shittiest one so far sorry to say.. i played them all as they came out from gta '1' and gta 4 is the most boring, also they dumbed it down from san andreas to make it easier and less deep for noobs who dont like thinking about extra stuff... what else can I say? the story isn't my favroite, i liked vice city and san andreas stories much better... and some of the controls are nonsense, shooting is okay, driving is fine... however taking different positions is lame like turning around you cant just 180 like a normal person you gotta rotate in atleast a small circle, uh when you jump you don't control your jump as you do it, you just hit the jump button then he jumps and you lose control of your character until the jump is complete, when you need to use tactics like hiding behind walls and stuff those controls are just crap, again it takes you thru a motion where you are not in control of the character at the time, it really overcomplicates it, theres no reason you cant just go to the wall hit the button and he puts his back to it instantly, another reason it sucks is cause people are always calling your damn cell phone they wanna hang out or just for missions it gets old... i dont want to hang out with in game characters, pick them up, drive them places, play darts and then take them home safely.......
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 pm

Rey wrote:
Realistic.. riiiight..

Let me remind you of a game called Fable.. First, it's no secret that GTA has larger levels than Fable.. However, Fable offers a much bigger experiance.

In Fable, EVERYTHING you do effects the world around you including how people react towards you, fear and respect, aswell as how you look like aswell. In GTA, if you masscre the whole town, it doesn't do anything aside from the police wanting to hunt you down till you get out of prison.

In conclusion, Fable, the FANTASY game, is more realistic than GTA. if being realistic is what GTA wanted, then it's an epic fail. Plus you can't deny it gets boring after an hour or two..

FABLE 2 SPOILERS BELOW

fable and fable 2 were fails i still own fable 2 i was actually playing it today, i accidently beat it i didnt even want to , i just forgot how short it was, i was tryin to take my time and do more side stuff and before i knew it i was thru the game.. thats not my only beef with it, i also hate how theres only 2 bosses in that game, that tree thing, and the banshee, everything else was just a bad guy im sorry but big fail there... its impossible to die, just drasticly easy with no way of raising the difficulty .... oh and the ending wasnt even an ending....... theres not even a last boss, whats that all about?

um the dog was a fail, its okay he points stuff out to you, i wish there wasnt a cinematic scene required to dig something up...
he was supposed to lead you thru the levels but he doesnt he just points out dig spots.... so the dog failed and now theres nothing to lead you thru the levels but a yellow trail you cant get rid of... none of the hidden stuff is actually hidden you just have to veer off the yellow path for 2 seconds and bam treasure chest

as for the choices they dont really affect the game so i dont see the big deal, like you can't affect the story or anything, the ending is the same.. remember chrono trigger? 20 friggin endings!!!

sorry fable 2 has no class and had a story that didnt even finish, no closure in either games, why even have a story??????
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 pm

I was talking about Fable: The Lost Chapter. And I agree, Fable II was a big disappointment BUT it offered a more "realistic" experiance than GTA4..

Now, if only Peter Molyneux can learn to shut his yap.
Back to top Go down
Axon
Helpful Soul
Axon

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 am

Can you make a minivan mafia with your friends and roll up and spray a hurricane of bullets on people online, in any Fable game?

Can you request a heli rescue, only to sabotage the pilot and RPG him to hell?

Co-op missions? (Quests in Fable terms)

Bunker down in a hospital and fight alongside your friends in an all out shootout against police?

Hell can you go online period? Probably can but to me it doesn't matter. GTA IV's online multiplayer is what sets it apart from any Fable game.

GTA IV's plot had great flow, huge twists, and to counter your claim of, "Everything you do affects how people see you." If you walk down a street in GTA IV with an assault rifle out, people will whisper in fear, You fire a shot and people run from you, scream, Or pull out heat and fire at you. Liberty City is a living, breathing thing. If it rains, people run with newspapers over their heads to escape the weather, Someone's engine has died so you see them on the side of a street, kicking their car in frustration.

GTA IV is just as immersive, just as "realistic," if not more so, than any Fable game.

I'm not bashing Fable. But I definitely don't agree it's in the same league as GTA IV.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 am

lol you can bearly go into any buildings in gta they are decoration.... have you ever played fable axon? or fable 2? cause i have gta4 and fable 2 and i basically agree with rey's position

oh and the multiplayer is garbage
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:12 am

BlackWidow wrote:
cmon GTA isnt boring its the best relistic story line ever in game (right after brother in arms series)
unlike retarded bumm kyne and lynch or RAIN BOW SIX vegas 2 which has NO story line at all just go aroud shoot people
GTA is not another game that is made for gamers like SA which was very commorcial like

uh i dunno about that i would say mgs has the best realistic storyline in a game, some of the gta stories were better then others, i enjoyed tommy vercettis story from vice city
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:16 am

Quote :
Can you make a minivan mafia with your friends and roll up and spray a hurricane of bullets on people online, in any Fable game?
How do I answer to this? Fable is a game in the medeval ages. so that's a half way yes, half way no. XD

Quote :
Can you request a heli rescue, only to sabotage the pilot and RPG him to hell?
Again, Medeval ages.

Quote :
Co-op missions? (Quests in Fable terms)
Yes.

Quote :
Bunker down in a hospital and fight alongside your friends in an all out shootout against police?
sigh.. medeval ages.. yes.. XD

Quote :
Probably can but to me it doesn't matter.

...THEN WHY BRING IT UP?!?! XD

Quote :
GTA IV's plot had great flow, huge twists, and to counter your claim of, "Everything you do affects how people see you." If you walk down a street in GTA IV with an assault rifle out, people will whisper in fear

What happens when you hide it or you die/get captured? it's all back to normal like it never happened while in Fable, the only way to erase the past is to erase the savefile.

Quote :
I'm not bashing Fable. But I definitely don't agree it's in the same league as GTA IV.

It's not and Fable II WAS a disappointment. I'm comparing the "realistic" features.

And yes, the features were in GTA4, but if you wanna compare GTA4 to the first Fable on the Online features, might aswell compare it to Crash Bandicoot.
Back to top Go down
Axon
Helpful Soul
Axon

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 am

furball006 wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

uh i dunno about that i would say mgs has the best realistic storyline in a game, some of the gta stories were better then others, i enjoyed tommy vercettis story from vice city

Furball, A little punctuation never killed anyone.

Also, your cell has a nice little function called Sleep Mode, under the Options feature. Look into it. It stops the story mode, so you can play around without messing up your progress with your friends in the game. Or to dumb it down, "No more calls."

Lmfao. Big huge bipedal tanks with nuclear arms = realistic? Your something else.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:21 am

Axon wrote:
furball006 wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

Furball, A little punctuation never killed anyone.

Also, your cell has a nice little function called Sleep Mode, under the Options feature. Look into it. It stops the story mode, so you can play around without messing up your progress with your friends in the game. Or to dumb it down, "No more calls."

Lmfao. Big huge bipedal tanks with nuclear arms = realistic? Your something else.

sigh
Back to top Go down
Axon
Helpful Soul
Axon

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:28 am

Or a woman who can deflect bullets, even after the device broke in MGS2: Sons of the Patriots.

Or explain the man in MGS3: Snake eater, who produces lightning from his body..?

Or nanomachines.

Or the codec, how can you switch frequencies if the device is embedded in your head with no known buttons..?

Super realistic.

I'm the one who should be sighing.

I'm not trying to attack you, or upset you, I just want to know how you believe MGS to be realistic.

Lemme clear this up, by saying realistic. Your pertaining to real world standards and capabilities right?
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:35 am

Metal Gear Solid never was "realistic."

BUT! the story and gameplay sure beats the living "story" out of GTA4 harder than a Mike Tyson punch in Mike Tyson's Punch Out!

PS, Axon: My reply is in the first page if you didn't catch it. XD
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:46 am

Axon wrote:
Or a woman who can deflect bullets, even after the device broke in MGS2: Sons of the Patriots.

Or explain the man in MGS3: Snake eater, who produces lightning from his body..?

Or nanomachines.

Or the codec, how can you switch frequencies if the device is embedded in your head with no known buttons..?

Super realistic.

I'm the one who should be sighing.

I'm not trying to attack you, or upset you, I just want to know how you believe MGS to be realistic.

Lemme clear this up, by saying realistic. Your pertaining to real world standards and capabilities right?

How far away do you think technologies are away? They are a small stretch of the imagination. Do you realise how much money goes into military 'black projects'? Billions and trillions. Can you imagine what kinda technology this produces? Do you realise that the technology you receive as a consumer is in no way a reflection of the current technological capabilities of the powerful governments? Do you think that a technology increases at a steady pace? Do you think that engineers create the 4.0 GHZ processor and then start working on the 4.2 GHZ processor? Nope.. they just sell it this way. Technology increases at exponential rates. Breakthru's are exponential.. I don't know what makes MGS unrealistic, it's based around real earth events, technologies, and conspiracies. To me it is a realistic view of what technology may be soon, or already is. Again, that game isn't about consumer technology. It's about military technology. All the technology in that game is backed by real current science.

Like Nano machines.. well just research nano technology. This stuff is in the works.

Or the codec thing? Geeze use your imagination. There are robotic arms for people that respond to certain muscle stimulation. Whose to say this technology couldn't be applied to the codec? And why wouldn't it?

Who cares if they take liberties with the metal gears? It is a cool idea, a possible window into the future. Just because it's set in the near future, doesn't make it unrealistic.

Another reason I sighed is because of your punctuation comment. Drop the pettyness. Use your imagination, and fill in what's not there for punctuation. If you can't decode my posts then good luck to you in your future endevors, you will need it.

Anyway why don't you answer my previous post to you? Have you played Fable 2? Doesn't sound like it. So if you haven't played it how can you say its not in the same league as gta4. That is ludacris. Why do you try to make comparisons with gta and fable that have nothing to do with eachother. Fable 2 is a medievil setting so no, you cannot do drive by's or fly helicopters. Like wtf?

There is a very deep story within metal gear solid that pertains to the world we live in. If you didn't pick it out then you don't have the eyes to see. Maybe some day you will.
Back to top Go down
Axon
Helpful Soul
Axon

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 am

furball006 wrote:
"All the technology in that game is backed by real current science."

I stopped there.

You go from saying that we're not far from reaching that level of technology, or according to your Government theories, we could be there. And then you say our current scientific progress is up to date with the MGS series. I can say with certainty we have not produced a human capable of generating a self sufficient electrical current, We are far enough in science that we can graft a dead mans arm onto a living mans body, but to have an arm retain memories and take over the host? Seriously? And I've never heard of a trained military sniper who can sit for 7+ days not moving while trained on their scope. (Effectively sitting in their own "stew" as well.) Or hell, A huge artificially intelligent machine that encloses a factory for producing Huge bipedal dinosaur-esque nuclear armed tanks. That can also maneuver through the sea.

I love the MGS series. But to say they're a look into what could become our future is wrong.

Might as well say Gundam's are in our future too.

I'm done with this debate. I'm not hearing any good points. Or even answers. My idea of realistic pertains to today's world. That's my whole point of causing such a debacle.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 am

Axon wrote:
furball006 wrote:
"All the technology in that game is backed by real current science."

I stopped there.

You go from saying that we're not far from reaching that level of technology, or according to your Government theories, we could be there. And then you say our current scientific progress is up to date with the MGS series. I can say with certainty we have not produced a human capable of generating a self sufficient electrical current, We are far enough in science that we can graft a dead mans arm onto a living mans body, but to have an arm retain memories and take over the host? Seriously? And I've never heard of a trained military sniper who can sit for 7+ days not moving while trained on their scope. (Effectively sitting in their own "stew" as well.) Or hell, A huge artificially intelligent machine that encloses a factory for producing Huge bipedal dinosaur-esque nuclear armed tanks. That can also maneuver through the sea.

I love the MGS series. But to say they're a look into what could become our future is wrong.

Might as well say Gundam's are in our future too.

I'm done with this debate. I'm not hearing any good points. Or even answers. My idea of realistic pertains to today's world. That's my whole point of causing such a debacle.

Peace.

roflcopter
Back to top Go down
Axon
Helpful Soul
Axon

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:39 am

Thank you for proving my point.
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 am

Axon wrote:
Thank you for proving my point.

laugh factory
Back to top Go down
Rey
Legendary Soul
Rey

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:46 am

That's not true, I've seen machines that go Moo before! o-o

You can look at Metal Gear in that way and you can look at it in Furball's way which I'm guessing is asking yourself "can that happen one day?"
Back to top Go down
furball006
Strong Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:59 am

Rey wrote:
That's not true, I've seen machines that go Moo before! o-o

You can look at Metal Gear in that way and you can look at it in Furball's way which I'm guessing is asking yourself "can that happen one day?"

lol.. a small leap in technology and use of imagination just doesnt classify under unrealistic for me, that stuff is very realistic
its a game about history, humans, technology, and conspiracy.. what is unrealistic about leaps in technology????????????????

we went from horses to the moon supposedly in a period of like 70 years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Real Game of 2008   The Real Game of 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Real Game of 2008
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next