Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst

Go down 
+6
OnlineInsider
Prophet2142
Zanryu
SevenYears
Remo
Essencewing
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Essencewing
Mortal Soul
Essencewing

Location : Prince Edward Island, Canada (never heard of it, huh?)

Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm a bass player, so obviously I know how it is to be ignored. Fortunately I don't like much attention. Still, any answers as to why bass players are ignored? (ABSOLUTELY NO answers containing "cuz bass is easy" or "cuz bass suxzors" or the like, please).

Next section: Who do you think is the best bass player? I am of the opinion that Cliff Burton (Metallica) was the best, but that's tied with Geddy Lee (Rush).

Final Section: Who was/is so bad at playing the four-stringed monster that you want to puke? Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols) for me. He had the punk look and attitude, but he could not play bass worth a can of beans.

I hope this isn't a bit much for a first topic.
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Futoshi Uehara from Maximum The Hormone
Back to top Go down
SevenYears
Helpful Soul
SevenYears

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 am

Emma Anzai of Sick Puppies is one of my favorite bassists. They are a Hard Rock band from Australia and they rock, but bass is, unlike in a lot of bands, very very pronounced in their music. So it adds that Rage Against The Machine groove. She's phenomenal.

Also Timmy from RATM is obviously awesome. Oh, and that dude from Toto. Haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleHoneyBear
Zanryu
Mortal Soul
Zanryu

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:21 am

Bass is usually ignored because it's shut out by the guitars. =/

However...

David Ellefson. Seriously, one of the founding members of Megadeth, and probably their best bassist. Sucks that he ditched 'Deth... ah well.
Back to top Go down
Prophet2142
Strong Soul
Prophet2142

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Jazz musician Marcus Miller is amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/Prophet2142
OnlineInsider
Helpful Soul
OnlineInsider

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:52 pm

don't really know why myself they don't get much attention? I suppose that they bass is drowned out by the other instruments that no one really hears them playing most of the time. And Michael Manring is an amazing Bass guitarist.
Back to top Go down
thelovedoctor
Epic Soul
thelovedoctor

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:06 pm

its mostly the singers/guitarist that get the most recognition. Its because they are heard and seen the most.

Drummers get recognition because they are the loudest

Just always remember that a band would not be complete without each instrument. It like a table. it needs four legs (bass, drums,guitar, singing) ya a table can stand on only 3 legs, but for how long and who wants you use that table.
Back to top Go down
KidSyndrome101
Elite Soul
KidSyndrome101

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 pm

When i started listening to rock music my ignorance got the best of me and made me think the guitar was the most important part of any song, but as i grew older to the music i realize that the drummer and the bass player make the SONG! the guitar is just the cherry on top!

Now when i listen to rock music I'm focused on how the bass sound's more now-a-day's.

Christopher Wolstenholme FTW!
Back to top Go down
nic5fdp
Nooblit Soul
nic5fdp

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 5:38 pm

i know what you sayin about being ignored most bass players have more talent than anybody in the band

my favorite bassist is les claypool! and feidly from korn is a close second becouse they both have a similar style
Back to top Go down
TheGreatPUDDING
Elite Soul
TheGreatPUDDING

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 pm

For me its either Flea,Geddy Lee,or Duff McKagan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst   Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst Empty

Back to top Go down

Bass Players: Lack of attention/Best and Worst
Page 1 of 1