Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.

Go down 
+8
TFaith
xxundeadxlovexx
dfr3sh
Katie
postaljives
AboveTheInfluence
Gen__Wolf
einarmagnus
12 posters
AuthorMessage
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Who am I?
==============
Hi, my name is Einar Magnus. I'm 22 years old, and I live in Norway.
My English might be quite bad at times, but I think I am able to make my self understood.
Remember, I am no expert, this is just how I did it/my story.

Anywho Razz I've been watching Digital Soul now for quite some time... And i remember his video's
on weightloss, and how he wanted to stay in shape to run and play with his kids.
Well, this is my story about weightloss.

Keep in mind that when I went trough the training periode i'm going to talk about, I was 18 years old.
I have never hadd a interest in sports. I was the creative type, who liked playing music, drawing, makeing stuff on the
computer and so on. So trough my hobby's I did not get much exercise.

WHEN I STARTED:
====================
When I started my training periode, I was 125 kg. That might seem alot, and it is. But i'm also quite tall for my age.
I'm 2 meters (200 cm). I have no idea what that is in foot and pounds... For you Americans :p
Anyway, I loved food, and I eat lots of bad food with suggar and fat. My biggest fault was that I eate
when I was bored, and I was bored alot.

What did i eat:
===============
So, one day I decided, enough is enough. I took it quite serious. So I got help from my mother who is a cook, and she
gave me alot of information on what food I should eat, and what food I should stay away from.
The result was that I only drank water for the periode of my training. When you think about it, it's really all you need.
I'm not saying that you should ONLY drink water, but as I said, I took it quite serious.
And when it came to food, i started eating after the clock. I eate breakfast at the same time every day... To pieces of bread
with some low calory/low fat... ehmn,,"topping" (struggling to find a english word for it). Like boiled ham or tunafish or
something of that nature.
For dinner I eate what I god served... I was living with my parents at that time, but my mom would help me out and make
something apropiate. And 4 hours after dinner, I eate supper.
So what i'm trying to say is that I eate each meal with 3-4 hours between, and I eate healthy food, and always drank water.
If i got hungry between the meals, i would eat vegatables and fruit or something.

How did I train:
================
When I started with this, I hadd never trained a day in my life. So I was quite clueless.
So I went down to my local gym and told them my situation, and what I wanted to accomplish.
They were quite nice, and gave me a good list of different exercises for the whole body.
In my training set I trained my whole body each time I was there. This is quite clever
to do if you have never trained with weights before... So your body get's used to training that way.
If someone is interested I will post my training program in details later... just comment if you want it.
I must admit, I did'nt follow my training program every week, because of school and work, but
I was suppose to train 3 days a week. Monday - Wedensday - Friday. And it took me about 1,5 - 2 hours
each time.
The training program included both cardio training like running, and weightlifting.
The best training for loosing weight will always be running, but since I hate running, I combined it with
weightlifting. But every time I hadd energy left after a training, I would spend it on running a little extra.

How did i stay motivated:
========================
I learned a lot of good ways to stay motivated trough this periode.
Step one: Write down your starting weight, take a perhaps, ein for one t-shit/jeans/belt or something
you at the moment is to big for.
Step two: Accept that change like this will take time, so try not to check you weight every week, you might be
dissepointed. Remember, muscles are more heavy than fat... So when you start training with weights, you
might gain som extra weight... but this is muscles... not fat! You will still become slimmer.
Step three: After 1-2 months you can check you weight/take a new picture and compare. If you do it
before that, the result might not be that notisable, and you might loose some of your motivation.

What you've been waiting for i guess:
==================================
The pictures... I have never shared this with anyone... but I feel it is "safe" to do it here. I feel I know what Digital Soul stand for,
and I respect his thoughts on this subjekt. I'm just hopeing that if you are as clueless as I was, and you want to do something like this,
that you are one step closer, by reading my story...

19.02.04 - The start of my training - http://demon.tronder.net/training/1.jpg
28.04.04 - 2 month's have passed - http://demon.tronder.net/training/2.jpg
05.06.04 - Lost some fat, gained muscle - http://demon.tronder.net/training/3.jpg
13.07.04 - Did'nt stop here, but last pic. - http://demon.tronder.net/training/5.jpg

The pictures are not as accurate as I would like them to be. I never thought that standing closer to the camera would
make me look bigger... and reverse... But anyway, it's easy to see that this helped me become more healthy and slim.

I hope this might help somebody... Leave a comment if there is something you are wondering.

Here to help--- Einar Magnus (22, Norway)

=====================================================================

After a fair amount of PM's and question I'm gonna post my workout program.
I will try my best to translate... because I only know the Norwegian names
for the exercises... So they might get the wrong name.

Exercise-------------Sets----Reps----Time----Machine----Dumb.b-------Note
Running...................................5 – 10 min.......................X.............Warmup
Bench press.............3.......10.........................................................Chest
Incline Dumb.Press...3.......10.....................X...................X..............Chest
Squats.....................3.......15.....................X..................................Thyes/ass
Thycurl....................3.......12.....................X..................................Thyes/ass
Downpull.................3.......12.....................X...................................Back
Shoulderpress..........3........8...........................................X.............Back
Overhead Triceps Ex.3......12...........................................X.............Arms
Standing Barb. Curls.3......10...........................................X.............Arms
Crunches+Reverse...3......15..........................................................Stomac

Optinal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rowing 5 – 10 min
More running 5 - 10 min

How to ? Pictures explain's more than 1000 words :p
=====================================

Running = Dude...? :p
Bench press = http://www.mariamikola.com/benchpress.jpg
Incline Dumb.Press = http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/images/pics/lg_chest2.jpg
Squats = http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/images/pics/lg_legs1.jpg
Thycurl = http://www.incredibody.com/images/plce165x.jpg
Downpull = http://ejmas.com/pt/2004pt/tisha/training.jpg
Shoulderpress = http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/images/pics/lg_shoulder1.jpg
Overhead Triceps Ex = http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/images/pics/lg_arms3.jpg
Standing Barb. Curls = http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/images/pics/lg_arms1.jpg
Crunches + Reverse = http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/images/pics/lg_abs2.jpg

Last edited by einarmagnus on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Wow man, Congrats.
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 pm

That is amazing,
:]

You must feel so much better about youself.
this post will help alot of people.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
Gen__Wolf
Elite Soul

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Yea, I hope this inspires someone.
Back to top Go down
postaljives
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:02 pm

nice man! looking good! you must feel great!
Back to top Go down
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: thnx   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Thank you for kind words.
I also hope it will be a inspiration for some who might be in the same shoes
as I once was!

The biggest change must be my energi level... When I was out of shape, everything was a drag.
I hadd no energy to do anything. But now i'm much more active... So yes, I feel much better.
Back to top Go down
Katie
Nooblit Soul
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 pm

Wow Magnus Einar! You make me proud to be a Norwegian man! Very Happy
This is probably a huge inspiration for people who are struggling =)
Back to top Go down
dfr3sh
Nooblit Soul
dfr3sh

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm

yeah man this is real inspiring deff going to make a change for the better now
Back to top Go down
http://dfr3shlifestyle.com
xxundeadxlovexx
Helpful Soul
xxundeadxlovexx

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:39 am

wow, thank you for giving me the link to this on my post
it's nice to see someone else with..basicly the same situation as me
I think..I'm going to start as of tomarrow..er.today (it's past midnight)
and try that, I'm going shopping tomarrow and i'm going to get veggies and such
and the taking pictures thing is a really good idea.
I don't think I could ever post them like you did tho
oh and congrats n-n
good job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hells_lust
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: :D   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi man... no problem.
There is a lot of us who is/have been in the same situation and been quite clueless how to get out of it.

Hehe, yeah, I went forth and back about if I should post the pictures or not...
But i'm quite prowd of what i did... It was not easy, but it was not hard either..
It's the motivation you need to worry about... After 1-2 month the tast of cola
or a chocholate seems really good. But you got to focus on your goal and say screw it!

It's like... what would you rather have? A slim and athletic body, or a cola? :p

I wish you the best of luck... If you need any detailed information, just hit me up with a PM or something.
You know were to find me, mate!
Back to top Go down
TFaith
Mortal Soul
TFaith

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:06 pm

thats excellent mate PLEASE post your routine up atm, my routine atm is really non existant, 2 runs a day once with dog, once alone, some body/back work, and crunches, followed by like 30/1 hour on a punchbag..

alot of it atm for me is stress relief, and taking my mind off RL, so yeah..

in terms of my stats/weight atm, christ.. well, ive been working hard now for over 7 weeks

im 6 ft 1, or 187 cm?
was around 120 kg when i started then, as life got more hectic, it started dropping off, not that i'd ever advise it, but stress really does drop weight fast, sitting on around 103 atm, and its dropping faster then i imagined.. but yeah, one of the things on my list for this weekend, was to get an actual routine down on paper, that i can stick to, as much cardio stuff as possible, as quite frankly, i hate the gym, i like being outdoors Razz

but as people have said, amazing work dude, you should be really proud of yourself
Back to top Go down
Little_SOUL-1914
Strong Soul
Little_SOUL-1914

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:38 am

umm...got to ask what did you do ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/spartansarmy666
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: hmm?   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:14 am

Hmm?! What did i do?

If that question was directed at me, I believe i've answered it in high detail.
If no directed at me... than who?
Back to top Go down
Remo
Elite Soul
Remo

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
iEM0
Helpful Soul
iEM0

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Wow this story is beyond belief..
it was a true struggle that u overcame with pure motivation and courage
Back to top Go down
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: Edit*   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:45 pm

For those who asked...

I added my training program at the end (bottom) of my orginal post Wink

Hope it makes sence... i've also added pictures of the exercise

And btw... Thank you very much for all your kind comments!
Feel free to send the link to this post arround to people you know
if they are in the same situation I was in.
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Mortal Soul
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:35 pm

What a change man, it takes a strong character to go through all of that and not give up. Props
Back to top Go down
einarmagnus
Helpful Soul
einarmagnus

PostSubject: Yo   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:07 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.   Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures. Empty

Back to top Go down

Weightloss - Ideas, eating, training, My story.. With before and after pictures.
Page 1 of 1