Soul Speak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and share and perhaps make life easier through sharing expirences.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ever feel like your friends are just using you?

Go down 
+4
hernan.esquivel
AboveTheInfluence
Deffy
gamerx11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gamerx11
Nooblit Soul
gamerx11

Ever feel like your friends are just using you? Empty
PostSubject: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 am

Ya, so I feel like sometimes my friends are my friends just so they can use me for things like driving them around or such. Like they'll call me up to play poker because they only have two people to play so they need more people, to make more money of course. They don't call me to just chill or to hang out. It's something always that need a group of people to do. They do this also to my other friend. They only call him up if they want to hang out at his house. Idk, i feel like i should just find some new friends that don't take advantage of me and don't leave me out of everything.
Back to top Go down
Deffy
Nooblit Soul

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 am

Well this is someting that changes with age, age changes a lot of things, but old friends kinda change. You go from people you hang out with everyday, to people you have to do something "special"(like a poker night) to meet. It's just like "to hang out" isn't a good enough excuse anymore. But if you think they are just using you, you could do many things to avoid this. Next time they call you and for eksample: asks you to play poker. You could decline and propose to hang out. Like saying something like "Oh sorry guys i cant i'm busy, i got to study.(or something) But what if we hang out the day after? Just us chilling infront of the tv(or whatever you do with your friends)". Hope this help and if you need some more advice and you liked what you got now, just pm or something Smile
Back to top Go down
AboveTheInfluence
Mortal Soul
AboveTheInfluence

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:55 pm

You do need some new friends.
Friends shouldn't just call you just to have another player in a game.
or more money.

They should be able to call you everyday or talk to you everyday.
Like be there for you..
If you feel like you are being used.
you are being used trust your gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/zachary_zieger
hernan.esquivel
Mortal Soul
hernan.esquivel

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:55 pm

i have that same problem. they only call me when some other people cancel. what i did i started hanging out with other people. and when the people call me just cause they need more people just say ur busy. they will either try to hang out with you more or they will just stop calling either way youll know what kind of friends they are
Back to top Go down
V
Helpful Soul

PostSubject: -   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 4:19 am

Dude i got a similar problem, like if there's a party or a "group" kinda thing going on such as paintball , poker kinda stuff. - IM THERE
But they never just wana "chill" or "hangout"..
Starting Uni soon so maybe things will look up there for me?

-However for poker..we just use play chips.. hehe-
Back to top Go down
polaroid
Nooblit Soul
polaroid

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Yeah, all i can say is make new friends bro... Smile
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Mortal Soul
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 pm

I have some friends that use me but i use them back, for what ever resource their good for. Find some real friends that like your company. Start saying no to the friends that just want to use you and drop the "what have you ever done for me?" bomb.
Back to top Go down
Safehaven
Elite Soul
Safehaven

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 am

I know that feeling I felt like my friends only called my when they needed advice or a good laugh about something.

See my friends called me when they wanted to scare me or gross me out with something dead. Eventually I got sick of being the target for stuff like that and yet they called me when they needed advice about something they were going through. I reached my breaking point so what I did was give then the cold shoulder politely. I didn't hang out with then I told them that I didn't like what they were doing and that I needed to be left alone for a while. They realized what they were doing wasn't right and they got their act together and apologized to me and everyone else they did it to. Sometimes it doesn't go that way you have to lose some friends and I was willing to find new friends, I just got lucky and God did alittle bit of changing in them. So tell them how you feel, corny, but honest and then tell them that you aren't their taxi driver so they can stop asking. They may change then again you may have to give up some friends but in the end if you can't call your friends for some encouragement in the first place its time to go. Find friends that will really be there for you and won't just expliot you. I honestly do wish you the best of luck! You'll be fine even if you have to fly solo for a while! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like your friends are just using you?   Ever feel like your friends are just using you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever feel like your friends are just using you?
Page 1 of 1